Titans starting corners looked good last night...

LaDairis

Harper has a concussion. Finnegan just got a new contract. And it appears King has pulled ahead of Hill, since it was King starting last night with Harper out, and he looked really good.

Fifth Rounder Eric King - not a bad value at all...

Supposedly Courtland Finnegan is supposed to be the "next big thing" among NFL cornerbacks. I never heard of him until now though.

Finnegan is a very good corner. He is outstanding against the run and a great tackler. As a pure cover guy, he is good, not great. In the Titan scheme with two excellent safeties, Finnegan is a very effective player. He also has the right "bring it" tude every day.

Finnegan is a very good corner. He is outstanding against the run and a great tackler. As a pure cover guy, he is good, not great. In the Titan scheme with two excellent safeties, Finnegan is a very effective player. He also has the right "bring it" tude every day.

Where did he go to college and when was he drafted?

Look, I think we all understand the fact that Eric King pollinated your older sister and the transvestite that you have been telling people was your girlfriend, so you feel like you and King are almost one. It's a nice story. But do you really believe that either anyone here cares, or that the Bills real problem the last five years was not waiting for a guy since 2003 to be good enough to be an adequate preseason back-up on the Titans who very likely wouldn't even make the Bills opening day roster?

Look, I think we all understand the fact that Eric King pollinated your older sister and the transvestite that you have been telling people was your girlfriend, so you feel like you and King are almost one. It's a nice story. But do you really believe that either anyone here cares, or that the Bills real problem the last five years was not waiting for a guy since 2003 to be good enough to be an adequate preseason back-up on the Titans who very likely wouldn't even make the Bills opening day roster?

finnegan is the only star but they are really solid and tuff cover two guys who benefit from haynesworth, kyle v, and kearse. also watch out for william hayes and jason jones. young but very quick and solid low pad level technique!

they got as good a squad as there is in the league with v. young being healthy :thumbsup:

Ah, you parrots really hate it when your "coach knows best" bawking gets outed as wrong. Truth be told, Jauron is one of three NFL coaches to have King. The other two awarded him the starting nickel job - 3 out of 4 years. For a Fifth Rounder, Eric King has already provided vastly more value than most of the Fifth Rounders that year. Indeed, after the Bills foolishly cut King, he was passed over by only two teams - Houston and NO - both which could very much use him right now. Excellent on STs and in man coverage, King was indeed an excellent value where he was selected.

You morons criticized Eric King the Fifth Rounder, and now you are faced with the truth. As usual, you go batty when the truth outs you...

finnegan is the only star but they are really solid and tuff cover two guys who benefit from haynesworth, kyle v, and kearse. also watch out for william hayes and jason jones. young but very quick and solid low pad level technique!

they got as good a squad as there is in the league with v. young being healthy :thumbsup:

Kearse is yet to show the same form, but you are spot on with everything else. Hayes is really raw but wow potential. Jones is very quick off the snap and has a good frame, but can be pushed around. Watch out in a year or two when he is 20+ pounds heavier.

VY, on the other hand, is the only question regarding the Titans status as a top contender. He was not particularly sharp last night, and indeed has never demonstrated basic drop back proficiency in the NFL. However, what you haven't seen is the Titan offense you will see Opening Day, with Chris Johnson in the slot. With LenDale now close to 100% of his USC form, the Titans will run an offense that, well, dates back a few decades in as far as how much of it will involve a lot of running around...

Ah, you parrots really hate it when your "coach knows best" bawking gets outed as wrong. Truth be told, Jauron is one of three NFL coaches to have King. The other two awarded him the starting nickel job - 3 out of 4 years. For a Fifth Rounder, Eric King has already provided vastly more value than most of the Fifth Rounders that year. Indeed, after the Bills foolishly cut King, he was passed over by only two teams - Houston and NO - both which could very much use him right now. Excellent on STs and in man coverage, King was indeed an excellent value where he was selected.

You morons criticized Eric King the Fifth Rounder, and now you are faced with the truth. As usual, you go batty when the truth outs you...

Can't say I care about Eric King one way or the other, but dude, get over yourself.

Supposedly Courtland Finnegan is supposed to be the "next big thing" among NFL cornerbacks. I never heard of him until now though.

the past 2 years we've played against the Titans, Finnegan always stood out.

I always thought King looked good when he was here--but I think he got cut in a numbers game. I have a feeling he wasn't as good on ST here as some others and thus got the axe.

I'm sure the Titans didn't identify him as a starting CB; they lucked out.

As for this Courtland Finnegan, I cannot believe anyone with the name of Courtland Finnegan plays football, let alone is good at it. Dude sounds like he should be in a one-bedroom flat in Dublin writing short stories.