Oil Companies make $1400... A SECOND

Fingon

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's idiotic is you can't look at Exxon's revenue and simply divide it by the world's population and use that figure to show how much Exxon brings in per person in the world. That was my point, but your stupid post ignores what I wrote.

First of all, it wasn't the total world population, but the developed world - which just happens to be the part that's touched by Exxon Mobil. Even if you use a 2 billion population figure for more developed countries, the total is still a fraction of a thousandth of penny/second.

I thought this was America...Making money is good..The more you make the better. These companies pay their fair share of taxes, provide thousands of jobs, and keep paying dividends to their investors (most likely you and me). I don't get this hate towards the oil companies. OPEC sets production rates not Exxon or Chevron.

I thought this was America...Making money is good..The more you make the better. These companies pay their fair share of taxes, provide thousands of jobs, and keep paying dividends to their investors (most likely you and me). I don't get this hate towards the oil companies. OPEC sets production rates not Exxon or Chevron.

Why bother teaching ignorant people how capitalism works and benefits them when you can simply demonize it by shouting out numbers that sound really big and as a result get them to vote for Democrats?

Oil companies are evil.

Sincerely,

Democrats.

PS. The federal government makes takes in twice as much money per gallon of pumped gas than the companies that bring the gas to market...

And that is bad? Again, you think you can run our infrastructure even more on the "cheap."

Have at it, I guess...

:worthy:

I propose a 75% tax rate for your income then.

Are you really suggesting oil companies are paying a 75% income tax rate? Do you have proof please? Is that just the rate or is it what they actually pay?

Are you really suggesting oil companies are paying a 75% income tax rate? Do you have proof please? Is that just the rate or is it what they actually pay?

The original post in this thread linked an article to ABC News where the Exxon Mobile CEO stated that they make $1400 a second in profit and pay $4000 in taxes

Tax Rate = Taxes / (Income)

4000 / (4000 + 1400) = 4000/5400 = 74.07%

The original post in this thread linked an article to ABC News where the Exxon Mobile CEO stated that they make $1400 a second in profit and pay $4000 in taxes

Tax Rate = Taxes / (Income)

4000 / (4000 + 1400) = 4000/5400 = 74.07%

Since when are income tax rates based on profits?

Why not have a 75% tax rate? Gotta get the money for gubmint somehow.

Obama has campaigned on doing pretty much exactly that. Because he's so smart he'll be able to figure it out.

You know, being the savior and all that.

Are you guys talking about a windfall profits tax or income tax?

And that is bad? Again, you think you can run our infrastructure even more on the "cheap."

Have at it, I guess...

:worthy:

This is yet another example of you taking 2+2 and figuring the sum to be "concrete".

IF - and that's a big IF, the U.S. government actually cared about their Constitutional responsibilities rather than pandering for votes there'd be more than enough money in the Treasury to take care of the infrastructure of the country. That's because they touch $.20 of every dollar in the richest country in the history of the world. The amount they actually collect is more than all but a handful of countries can even generate. Of course, our really "smart" politicians and manage to spend all that and a significant percentage more. But if they had just a little more money, everything would be just like heaven. They keep selling, tardos keep buying.

So rather than taking care of those responsibilities, they build little empires for themselves and get the retards to repeat all their little slogans. If you can get the people to concentrate on minutia, they tend to ignore the actual problems. People like George Washington (heard of him?) warned of these very things while this country was in its infancy.

Reality is a tough sell.

This is yet another example of you taking 2+2 and figuring the sum to be "concrete".

IF - and that's a big IF, the U.S. government actually cared about their Constitutional responsibilities rather than pandering for votes there'd be more than enough money in the Treasury to take care of the infrastructure of the country. That's because they touch $.20 of every dollar in the richest country in the history of the world. The amount they actually collect is more than all but a handful of countries can even generate. Of course, our really "smart" politicians and manage to spend all that and a significant percentage more. But if they had just a little more money, everything would be just like heaven. They keep selling, tardos keep buying.

So rather than taking care of those responsibilities, they build little empires for themselves and get the retards to repeat all their little slogans. If you can get the people to concentrate on minutia, they tend to ignore the actual problems. People like George Washington (heard of him?) warned of these very things while this country was in its infancy.

Reality is a tough sell.

Maybe our federal income taxes would be a little lower without freeloading states like Alaska and Wyoming would stop demanding far more federal aid than the federal tax revenues they collect?