Miami's bad luck in finding a QB

JK2000

I found this on PFT, it's the draft picks the Fins have used on QB since Marino retired.

In 2000, they gave up a seventh-round pick for Jim Druckenmiller.

In 2001, they coughed up a 2002 sixth-rounder and a conditional seventh-rounder in 2003, and received in return Cade McNown and a 2002 seventh-rounder.

In 2002, they dealt a 2003 seventh-rounder for Sage Rosenfels.

In 2004, they sent a 2005 second-rounder to the Eagles for A.J. Feeley.

In 2005, they shipped Feeley and a 2006 sixth-rounder to San Diego for Cleo Lemon.

In 2006, they traded a second-rounder to Minnesota for Daunte Culpepper.

In 2006, they sent a sixth-rounder to Detroit, which upgraded to a fifth-rounder, for Joey Harrington.

In 2007, they used a second-rounder on John Beck.

In 2007, they sent a fifth-rounder to Kansas City for Trent Green.

In 2008, they used a second-rounder on Chad Henne.

I wouldn't call it bad luck as much as stupidity. Some of the guys they drafted or traded for weren't worth the draft pick. Others they pinned their hopes on were nothing more than career backups or established busts/flops.

The same can be said for the bills

The Bills draft Todd Collins in the 2nd round 1995

Jim Kelly retires after the 1996 season

The Bills trade a 3rd round pick in 1997 for Billy Joe Hobert

The Bills trade a 1st round pick in 1998 for Rob Johnson

The Bills trade a 2003 1st round pick in 2002 for Drew Bleadsoe

The Bills trade a 2005 1st round, a 2004 2nd round, and other picks for JP losman in 2004

The Bills use a 3rd round pick on Trent Edwards in 2007

I found this on PFT, it's the draft picks the Fins have used on QB since Marino retired.

In 2001, they coughed up a 2002 sixth-rounder and a conditional seventh-rounder in 2003, and received in return Cade McNown and a 2002 seventh-rounder.

In 2005, they shipped Feeley and a 2006 sixth-rounder to San Diego for Cleo Lemon.

In 2006, they sent a sixth-rounder to Detroit, which upgraded to a fifth-rounder, for Joey Harrington.

In 2007 they also passed on Brady Quinn..who knows if he will be good or not..but if history

repeats itself..Miami will be wondering why they didn't take him instead of Ted Ginnmpy.

The Bills trade a 2005 1st round, a 2004 2nd round, and other picks for JP losman in 2004

Longer time, shorter list, and Bledsoe did make a Pro Bowl.

Other than that, valid point ...

So of all of these Qb's which one was the best for Miami?

How the hell did trading a '97 3rd-round pick for Billy Joe Hobert not make this list?

I think most of those guys would have developed into successful players with a longer tenure on a well coached team with a defense and a running game. I actually feel that that list of players represents underrated talent. Joe Montana couldnt have made marty booker catch. That takes nate clements. ( in fairness to clemens his coverage was good that day when he gave up two hundred some yards in a half, but the dolphins threw and caught.)

Not that I don't love to see the Dolphins suffer, but, trading sixth and seventh round draft picks, for a potential starting QB isn't the worst football thinking....trading a second for AJ Feely is bad though...trading a second for Culpepper, and never really giving him a chance to play when he was healthy is real stupid too...

So for the most part they have tried to find a QB using 5th - 7th round picks and/or they've traded for guys like Culpepper, Harrington and Green who were clearly done.

This represents a pretty sad effort to land a QB. And have they already given up on their two second rounders picked in the last two years? Sheeh....what a mess! Breaks my heart....NOT! <_<

Didn't we give up a third rounder for Craig Nall, or was it a fourth?

Nall was a free agent.

Good call on Billy Joe Gunrack above, though. I'd repressed my memories of his short stay in Buffalo ...

Rosenfels might be good enough to start in the NFL...mistake in letting him get away.

Gotta say Fiedler was the best of that crew though. He looked like ass, but managed not to !@#$ up too much unless Nate Clements was across the field.

Where is Rosenfels now??????????