Memo: To Jason Peters

otisly00

All things considered, I'm starting to get nervous about Peters not being in camp - more for the reason of gelling with the line, screwing up Langston who is now playing LT instead of RT, and lastly being out of shape and not in tune with Turk's new offense.

I obviously have no clue about any communication between the FO and him, but is he really going to pull a T.O. move from Philly a couple years ago? Even Chad Johnson showed up to camp, and he has much more than 1 good season under his belt.

Is it any coincidence that the last 2 big name holdouts - SJax and Peters are both rep'd by Eugene Parker? Is he trying to make a name for himself to compete with Rosenhaus? These agents should be 'fined' or held responsible too if their name is on a contract with 1,2, 3 or 50 years left on a deal they signed - while they are holding their players back from reporting. F'ing agents have way too much control in sports.

All things considered, I'm starting to get nervous about Peters not being in camp - more for the reason of gelling with the line, screwing up Langston who is now playing LT instead of RT, and lastly being out of shape and not in tune with Turk's new offense.

I obviously have no clue about any communication between the FO and him, but is he really going to pull a T.O. move from Philly a couple years ago? Even Chad Johnson showed up to camp, and he has much more than 1 good season under his belt.

Is it any coincidence that the last 2 big name holdouts - SJax and Peters are both rep'd by Eugene Parker? Is he trying to make a name for himself to compete with Rosenhaus? These agents should be 'fined' or held responsible too if their name is on a contract with 1,2, 3 or 50 years left on a deal they signed - while they are holding their players back from reporting. F'ing agents have way too much control in sports.

Disagree.

Peters has total control. It's as simple as: "Uh, hello, Gene?...um...you're fired". Now where'd I put that plane ticket?

Link

Link

Link

Link

Link

Link

Link

Link

Link

Link

Link

Link

Link

Link

Link

Link

Link

Link

Link

Link

Link

Link

Link

Link

Link

Link

I really like what this guy Ed Thompson says about Peters

Peters has made a huge mistake. He's sitting at home deepening the divide between himself and a team that I believe will negotiate a new deal with him -- if he simply reports to camp. If he was trying to to squeeze more money from a team that was in cap trouble or that was showing no good-faith effort to negotiate with players once they reported to camp, I would understand (but still disagree with) his strategy of staying at home.

How damaging is it that everyone has been switching positions on the line? The part that really annoys me is that when Peters does come back, all of the gelling is going to take place in the true season where it could have been ironed out before they took the field in Game 1. I honestly see this hold out turning a W into an L at some point.

How damaging is it that everyone has been switching positions on the line? The part that really annoys me is that when Peters does come back, all of the gelling is going to take place in the true season where it could have been ironed out before they took the field in Game 1. I honestly see this hold out turning a W into an L at some point.

I see your point. But there is value in developing some versatility across the OL.

Fear not people. Just heard on 97 Rock this morning that a guy at a bar, who has inside information, said that the Peters situation has been resolved and he will be in camp soon. Larry Norton displaying investigative journalism at its finest! :wallbash:

Fear not people. Just heard on 97 Rock this morning that a guy at a bar, who has inside information, said that the Peters situation has been resolved and he will be in camp soon. Larry Norton displaying investigative journalism at its finest! :wallbash:

Shredd and Reagan also had a source, they said this was just from a person they knew, but had no direct tie with the Bills organisation and was not one of their sources from the team, that said movement will be coming soon in this situation. Now they said that doesn't mean he is coming in, and could just be that he is moving to go get a copy of Madden 2009, so take it for what its worth.................

Problem is that he has the leverage now. If we lose another person on the OL we might have no choice but to give in.

Problem is that he has the leverage now. If we lose another person on the OL we might have no choice but to give in.

He has gained a little leverage off of the injuries, but the Bills have still not shown that they are desperate to bring him back and will cave. They lost some Depth in those 2 guys going down, but they were depth who might not have even made the team if he was here. If they were to have lost a starter, then he will gain some serious leverage, but the Bills have shown they are not afraid of just moving someone over and having them fill in at a different spot if needed.