Gee, Racists are Stupid.

buckeyemike

White supremacists believe Obama winning Presidency will help them.

Huh? This isn't 1958 anymore.

In 50 years, we've gone from the civil rights movement to a viable black candidate for President. It really does give me hope for this country, even though I'm supporting McCain. I don't think Obama would make a bad Commander-in-Chief, but I disagree with some of his policies.

But, there's a reason why racists (white, especially, even though there are plenty of black racists out there too) are irrelevant today:

It's because they're stupid.

Just because you're a certain skin color does NOT mean that you are entitled to anything, in this country or in life itself. The world doesn't owe anybody a damn thing. But, some moronic white people want to hold on to their hatred, because they believe that the success of others of different races has contributed to their misfortune.

No, Bubba, it hasn't. You didn't get an education, didn't get up off your fat butt and do something with YOUR life. Instead, you want to blame others who are different than you. And they say God forbid that the races should intermarry. You should hear some of the white supremacists talk about that issue...some of the stuff I've seen online is downright abominable. Some racist ministers have even tried to back up that crap with Scripture. Despite the fact that such luminaries as Derek Jeter, Dwayne Johnson, Halle Berry, and yes, Senator Obama himself are the progeny of mixed marriages and relationships.

A "white revolution" is nothing more than David Duke's wet dream. People of different races are in the continuing process of learning how to get along. God knows we need it.

And BTW, I subscribe to the P.J. O'Rourke theory on race: Why would you hate anyone based on the color of their skin, when you can get to know them and find so many other things to hate about them? :thumbsup:

to say racists and racism is irrelevant today simply because they have been outed as dummies in the media is really underestimating just how secretly racist a LOT of people in the country are.

edit: that sentence probably needs some punctuation, but im prejudice against commas

What are you: running for office? Are you against cop-killers? Rapists? Pedophiles? Arsonists?

And how do you know I'm not running for office? I'm the one who wants to be a judge someday, remember? :wallbash:

Dr. Dankenstein brings up a good point...it's the old "walk across the street if you see a black man heading toward you and you're white" argument. We're all prejudiced in some way. However, there is a difference between prejudice and overt racism.

These idiots are proud to be racists; in fact, they revel in it. It's how they want to be known.

I'm not naive; I know there's still racism, and probably always will be. But because these people want to be known for their racism, I get to call them out on it. :lol:

There was an article in Time a few weeks ago stating that some blacks were actually worried that Obama winning the presidency would give America a false sense of accomplishment in race relations, and might actually hurt some poor blacks...The worry was that people in power and government positions (namely, white people) would be less inclined to explore the plight of many black Americans, and instead revel in how "enlightened" we are for electing a black man president. The summary was that while race relations have come a long way in the last 50 years, there's still plenty of inequality, and some are nervous that electing a black man to the top office in the nation might make some think that "We've made it" when in truth, we still have a long way to go.

As for the White Power groups, what a joke...The whites are really losing their grip on the nation...What, with only a token 389 white members of Congress? Only 8 of 9 on the Supreme Court? Personal responsibility sucks and it's much more convenient to be angry and blame someone else for my problems.

I love the bit Dave Chappelle used to do. My best recollection:

"As a nation, I think we're ready for a black president. I think we are. But I wouldn't want to be that guy. It'd be TOO HOT!!! There's too many crazy people out there, you'd never know when somebody was looking to take you out. But I'd have a plan. I'd appoint a Mexican vice president. Who's gonna shoot me now!!??!!"

:wallbash::lol:

There was an article in Time a few weeks ago stating that some blacks were actually worried that Obama winning the presidency would give America a false sense of accomplishment in race relations, and might actually hurt some poor blacks...The worry was that people in power and government positions (namely, white people) would be less inclined to explore the plight of many black Americans, and instead revel in how "enlightened" we are for electing a black man president. The summary was that while race relations have come a long way in the last 50 years, there's still plenty of inequality, and some are nervous that electing a black man to the top office in the nation might make some think that "We've made it" when in truth, we still have a long way to go.

So basically if America doesn't elect Barack, that means that the country is racist and "not ready" for a black President. But if he does get elected, that means that white people are just doing that so they can feel good about themselves and continue ignoring the "plight" of black America.

Gosh, it's almost like there are people who want to keep believing that America is racist and still has "a long way to go" no matter what happens.

So basically if America doesn't elect Barack, that means that the country is racist and "not ready" for a black President. But if he does get elected, that means that white people are just doing that so they can feel good about themselves and continue ignoring the "plight" of black America.

Gosh, it's almost like there are people who want to keep believing that America is racist and still has "a long way to go" no matter what happens.

You can feel free to believe whatever you want. That's the best part about living here.

OK. So you hate racists? Or do you like them?

I hate racism. I heavily dislike the people who practice it, because racism is evil and one of the ugliest sins in the history of mankind. I try never to hate actual people...just the crap some of them practice.

Hopefully that answers your questions. :wallbash:

"As a nation, I think we're ready for a black president. I think we are. But I wouldn't want to be that guy. It'd be TOO HOT!!! There's too many crazy people out there, you'd never know when somebody was looking to take you out. But I'd have a plan. I'd appoint a Mexican vice president. Who's gonna shoot me now!!??!!"

so his running mate will be Bill Richardson? wow! Dave is good.