Ladies and gentleman

JayFromDC

Have an old fashioned QB Controversay?? I don't want to panic because it's just preseason but I went to the game yesterday and Trent didn't look good at all and the element that worries me as that when you are named the actual starter there is another level of pressure that comes with that. We saw the same thing with flute-johnson, same thing bledsoe-losman and last year trent looked impressive but now he's been named the starter uhh i don't know

Have an old fashioned QB Controversay?? I don't want to panic because it's just preseason but I went to the game yesterday and Trent didn't look good at all and the element that worries me as that when you are named the actual starter there is another level of pressure that comes with that. We saw the same thing with flute-johnson, same thing bledsoe-losman and last year trent looked impressive but now he's been named the starter uhh i don't know

If by we you mean TBD, then yes, there always is. If by we you mean the Bills, than no. No controversy.

C'mon, are you serious? JP was against 2nd and 3rd stringers. Trent is the starter and it was 5 snaps. We have seen what JP can do - This was Edwards 10th game taking snaps.

Adam Im not a big fan of neither but that's not going to stop the fact that we are going to have a situation this year, it's what everybody is talking about now, look how jason campbell looked, and then look at how trent looked, something just didn't look right with dude last nite, that's all im saying

C'mon, are you serious? JP was against 2nd and 3rd stringers. Trent is the starter and it was 5 snaps. We have seen what JP can do - This was Edwards 10th game taking snaps.

It was Trents 11 game taking snaps. & JP was also playing with 2nd & 3rd stringers as well as against them.

A wise man once told me that if you have 2 QB's you have none, mark my world I'm calling it, there will be a QB controversy before the year is out

Back in the day Baltimore had Unitas & Morrell, later Miami had Griese & Morrell. Both teams went to the Super Bowl thanks to Morrell. In todays NFL it is great to have 2 QB's because there are very few Favres & Bradys that play every game.

Remeber how Edwards looked last year in the preseason against 2nd and 3rd stringers?

I remember, but don't get your point. If you're saying he looked great, he also came in during the regular season & played pretty well. I think if Trent gets injured we can count on JP to come in & play well.

I remember, but don't get your point. If you're saying he looked great, he also came in during the regular season & played pretty well. I think if Trent gets injured we can count on JP to come in & play well.

My point is the backup QB always looks good in the preseason. What about Tory Woodbury?

The only way Jp gets on the field this yr is if Trent gets injured..Other than that there is no argument...

Last night JP clearly outperformed Trent in terms of yards gained, completion pct and points scored. Each of us can speculate/rationalize as to why, as well as what that means (if anything). True that JP played against a second team defense, but didn't he also play WITH our second team offense?

What concerns me is Trent's statements/explanation after the game, which included this gem: "We're in a different game situation — with crowd noise and the play clock. Those are things we need to work on in practice and improve." Thank God he didn't mention a breeze blowing through FedEx Field. What happens when weather becomes a factor?

I'm really sick of hearing that Trent is better than JP "CONSIDERING HOW MANY GAMES HE'S PLAYED" or "BECAUSE HE HAS MORE POISE".

I want to believe in Trent, because I have to. But please, PLEASE - show it in a game already. Put up some points please Trent! Make me a believer!!!!

As I said all last year- JP isn't as bad as most people seem to think and Edwards isn't as good- they are both flawed- the problem is you have to get a little lucky to get a elite QB- My big criticism of the Bills is not correcting the lack of run blocking or bringing in a better TE - Adding a Fullback does not correct the fact the OL simple does not get push in the running game. If you are going with dink and dunk type passing game you need a strong running game and a TE that can exploit the middle of the field.

Adam Im not a big fan of neither but that's not going to stop the fact that we are going to have a situation this year, it's what everybody is talking about now, look how jason campbell looked, and then look at how trent looked, something just didn't look right with dude last nite, that's all im saying

I didn't mean to flip

I just want to see Trent move the chains and get this offense going

All I want next game is to see him get at least 3 first downs and a penalty free and time out free offense

IMHO JP Losman is a "thrower" and never will be a "passer." I hope there isnt a qb controversy, because I KNOW that JP is NOT the future for the Bills, meanwhile I do think Trent could be.

That analysis is above my head, but I do know that JP "threw" for a TD and Trent didn't "pass" for any.

Poise trumps everything don't forget. Trent looked very poised sucking. So we're all set. Nothing to see here, move along.

IMHO JP Losman is a "thrower" and never will be a "passer." I hope there isnt a qb controversy, because I KNOW that JP is NOT the future for the Bills, meanwhile I do think Trent could be.

Neither QB has a good handle on the short game. Neither QB is accurate in short to medium situations.

I'm sure that both have their off days and on days, but neither is even remotely consistent.

Regardless, the team has spoken and chosen, it's Edwards. Jauron had better hope he does it because there aren't going to be a lot of sympathetic fans at the end of the year if Edwards is at the bottom of the charts in rating and other stats and the offense sucked as a result. And if that happens we probably won't have a winning season and both Jauron's and Brandon's butts will be on the line also.