PETERS...

Ummm... The NFL is a Monopoly? What about the Arena League?

A person doesn't have a "right" to play in the NFL, just like I don't have a "right" to work at IBM, Microsoft, or any other company. Any player who doesn't want to sign w/ the team who drafts him, can simply find work in the field they trained for in college. Or, they can join the CFL or Arena League if they want to play football.

I honestly don't think it will come to this... (I think Peters is going to show up before the end of Camp... he & his agent are banking on his replacements being horrific and forcing the Bills to come crawling to him - but I think Brandon is going to stick to his guns regardless).

But I have another question or two for those who know where to find this information - or know it offhand...

Peters has until week 10 to report in order to burn 1 year off of his contract obligation...

What if he shows up and he's out of shape - or injured... or the Bills simply don't care at that point?

What forces the Bills to put him on the active roster or cut him? I'm assuming he'll be on the non-football Injury list as a holdout... which is where I think they put these oddball classifications to hold rights but not count as a roster spot. Will he have to petition the league for reinstatement or something to prove he is willing to be on the team?

What if he shows up week 11? He won't get credit for a season... but he'd at least be able to get a few game checks - or can he not even show up that late?

I honestly don't think it will come to this... (I think Peters is going to show up before the end of Camp... he & his agent are banking on his replacements being horrific and forcing the Bills to come crawling to him - but I think Brandon is going to stick to his guns regardless).

But I have another question or two for those who know where to find this information - or know it offhand...

Peters has until week 10 to report in order to burn 1 year off of his contract obligation...

What if he shows up and he's out of shape - or injured... or the Bills simply don't care at that point?

What forces the Bills to put him on the active roster or cut him? I'm assuming he'll be on the non-football Injury list as a holdout... which is where I think they put these oddball classifications to hold rights but not count as a roster spot. Will he have to petition the league for reinstatement or something to prove he is willing to be on the team?

What if he shows up week 11? He won't get credit for a season... but he'd at least be able to get a few game checks - or can he not even show up that late?

Well, many here first speculated that he will show up for camp on Aug 8th. Well, that didn't happen. In my mind, it has become a stale issue. I doubt he is inserted in the line-up if he reports mid-season esp. with the Bills O being new and him having missed significant playing time with others on the OL. If things sour in the negotiations, I can see the Bills trading him for some high draft picks.