08/08/08 The Olympics Begin

/dev/null

Do you really give a sh--  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Do you really give a sh-- about the Olympics?

• Yes
    • No

I'm both yes and no. It's sports, so it's interesting. But with NBC, it's too many personal stories, and this tape delay crap. Don't try to make us believe the opening ceremonies aren't until tonight, they're going on right now.

Flipping through the channels the other night, I came across one of those 'entertainment' shows (Access, Entertainment Tonight type) interviewing Matt Lauer. They mention how great it was for the Chinese to close down the Great Wall for his Today show broadcast that day. bull sh--. China is 12 hours ahead of us, so 7am here is 7pm there. When the wife and I were there last November, we went to the Wall. China closes the Wall to tourist after 6pm, so no Matt, they did not close it just for you, they allowed you to be there after normal business hours.

Not a lot of interest over here. I rank the Winter Olympics and the X Games ahead of it for fun. I mean really, gymnastics?? Back in the 70s and 80s they used boxing as the premier event in the Summer Games and it was great. Last time I tried to watch it and I could barely find any at all.

I mean really, gymnastics?

Women's Gymnastics (nimble girls in skin tight outfights contorting their bodies), Women's Tennis (women in short skirts), and Women's Volleyball (chicks in bikini's that hug each other when they win) are the only things that interest me

Women's Gymnastics (nimble girls in skin tight outfights contorting their bodies), Women's Tennis (women in short skirts), and Women's Volleyball (chicks in bikini's that hug each other when they win) are the only things that interest me

Careful on the gymnastics there mezza.....usually they're about 12. :D

Count me among those who has been turned off by the Olympics, mostly because of the awful TV coverage. I don't care about the life story of some athlete that I will watch for 90 seconds and then never think about again. And not only is the coverage too pro-US, it's usually only-US.

I'd probably watch some of the track/field and boxing, but not much else.

Careful on the gymnastics there mezza.....usually they're about 12. :D

Count me among those who has been turned off by the Olympics, mostly because of the awful TV coverage. I don't care about the life story of some athlete that I will watch for 90 seconds and then never think about again. And not only is the coverage too pro-US, it's usually only-US.

I'd probably watch some of the track/field and boxing, but not much else.

c'mon, they are atleast 15-16, isn't that right around the myspace type age?

I'm in that category that doesn't care anymore. They are over hyped and mean nothing except to the atletes and their families. They have become all about the spectacle and the sponsorships. Some of the events I don't even understand why they are there. You now have pro athletes playing against amateurs in some sports, people going to other countries and getting passports to play for other countries that need athletes and couldn't make their birth countries team.

I'll stop if something catches my eye or I am insanly bored, otherwise I can't wait for them to be over.

I would rather watch the X-games, and although they are overly sponsored, I find the events more exciting then a 100 yard dash, shot put, or mens gymnastics