Is Corner outplaying McKelvin?

Oh man, that would be awesome. We need to get someone like that on the team.

I am sure we can find a big Lineman at this year's Highland Games. Someone like Liam O'Lardbutt from the University of Aberdeen maybe.... I hear Mel Kiper projected him as a potential steal in the third round, though he would insist on being paid his signing bonus in Haggis.

Wow this post read my mind because i was thinking the exact same thing and i hope McKelvin isnt a bust but it does seem like Corner is outplaying or at least out learning him and progressing further but we shall see in the preseason and ohh ya i still want McKelvin's autograph lol

Not picking on you at all my friend. Your post just happened to be the one I quoted. But people, people, remember that we're only 2 weeks into training camp and McKelvin missed the first 3 or 4 days. That equals about 25% of the time so far. Corner has been there from day 1. McKelvin's athletic ability is still the same, it's just going to take about a week or 2 for him to catch up on what he missed and get up to speed with everyone else. You cannot begin to underestimate the importance of being there for every day of camp, especially as a rookie. The guy will be fine, just give him some time.

Even if Corner is outplaying McKelvin, who cares? As long as some of our draft picks develop, that's all that counts. If picks in rounds 4-7 develop into all pros and the first three tank, that's OK with me.

Here's hoping they are both damn good.

obviously its real early, but reading the daily practice notes it sure sounds like Reggie Corner has been making a lot more plays and seeing more time with the first unit than McKelvin. It seems like in camp the good players flash ability - I feel like we've heard preciously little about McKelvin and that has me concerned. Just how much of a contributor is McKelvin actually going to be this year? It seems like his chances at starting are looking pretty remote.

Corner is practicing only as a slot nickel DB, he is presently 2nd or 3rd team. Will James is the first off the bench. Leodis is practising at CB and nickel back and will likely be a STer as well. They are just giving him reps at all DB positions as he will be an option everywhere, but moreso to see where his strenths are and to get him on the field whenever they can.

Not picking on you at all my friend. Your post just happened to be the one I quoted. But people, people, remember that we're only 2 weeks into training camp and McKelvin missed the first 3 or 4 days. That equals about 25% of the time so far. Corner has been there from day 1. McKelvin's athletic ability is still the same, it's just going to take about a week or 2 for him to catch up on what he missed and get up to speed with everyone else. You cannot begin to underestimate the importance of being there for every day of camp, especially as a rookie. The guy will be fine, just give him some time.

Look...I'm only going to tell You this one time...Stop bringing common sense to this Board...It's just too weird and You will soon be ostracized for it...In fact I'm starting the Campaign against Common Sense on TSW right here and now...

So cut it out OK? :rolleyes: