It Comes Down To Three States

ubhockey

Polls mean absolutely nothing unless you look at it at the state by state level.

Looking at the electoral map on the link below, I feel this election is going to come down to Florida, Ohio, and Pennsylvania.

Bush is holding on to Florida pretty well and slightly holds Ohio. Kerry slightly holds Pennsylvania but they are the biggest Pro-Life state in America.

My prediction, the person that wins two of those three states wins the election. I don't see Bush losing Florida. Good news for Righties like me, we need one more to win!

http://www.uselectionatlas.org/USPRESIDENT.../2004/polls.php

BTW: I never look at NY losing electoral votes as a bad thing. That simply means less electoral votes for the liberal northeast and more electoral votes for the conservative south.

One day, I envision our great state realizing that maybe our state sucks because we have tax-happy liberals running it for the longest time. If there is ever a place to vote for change, it's in NY State.

BTW: I never look at NY losing electoral votes as a bad thing. That simply means less electoral votes for the liberal northeast and more electoral votes for the conservative south.

One day, I envision our great state realizing that maybe our state sucks because we have tax-happy liberals running it for the longest time. If there is ever a place to vote for change, it's in NY State.

76045[/snapback]

No kidding.

I'm in PA, and would be surprised to see it shift to Bush. The center of the state is clearly Bush, but the huge poulation centers are solidly Kerry. Gore won PA last time because the Left rallied the cities hard. I can tell you that the same thing is happening this time in Philly. I can't walk down the street at lunch without people asking me "Do you want to help get George Bush out of office?" If you say yes, they have registration forms and candidate info for Kerry. It's the most aggressive voting drive I've seen. There are literally people every two blocks throughout the city during morning, lunch, and evening rush hours.

I'm

Polls mean absolutely nothing unless you look at it at the state by state level.

Looking at the electoral map on the link below, I feel this election is going to come down to Florida, Ohio, and Pennsylvania.

Bush is holding on to Florida pretty well and slightly holds Ohio. Kerry slightly holds Pennsylvania but they are the biggest Pro-Life state in America.

My prediction, the person that wins two of those three states wins the election. I don't see Bush losing Florida. Good news for Righties like me, we need one more to win!

http://www.uselectionatlas.org/USPRESIDENT.../2004/polls.php

76040[/snapback]

Bush isn't likely to win Pa.,... and I fully expect the fiasco in 2000 to be just an amateur warm up act compared to what we are going to see in Fla. in 2004.

Bush isn't likely to win Pa.,... and I fully expect the fiasco in 2000 to be just an amateur warm up act compared to what we are going to see in Fla. in 2004.

76242[/snapback]

Just in Florida? I expect a fiasco in most of the larger states. I think it's pretty much inevitable that the next president will be "chosen" rather than "elected".

76045[/snapback]

Yeah, that last part would be nice but if it was going to happen, it should have happened a couple decades ago (at least). Buffalo is full of people who will vote Democrat 100% of the time without ever wondering why the city (and region) is in a downward spiral. Maybe we're just a few more unions and a few more tax increases away from that economic boom......

Buffalo's number one export is people. And that's because there's no reason why anyone on the outside would ever want to invest in the region given all the other places they could invest their money.

Yeah, that last part would be nice but if it was going to happen, it should have happened a couple decades ago (at least).  Buffalo is full of people who will vote Democrat 100% of the time without ever wondering why the city (and region) is in a downward spiral.  Maybe we're just a few more unions and a few more tax increases away from that economic boom......

Buffalo's number one export is people.  And that's because there's no reason why anyone on the outside would ever want to invest in the region given all the other places they could invest their money.

76275[/snapback]

Taxing your way to prosperity is obviously sound economic policy.

76242[/snapback]

I agree, and it looks like the campaign agrees as well. I have not seen Bush in PA much recently. Laura has been there recently, but hubby has not.

Yeah, that last part would be nice but if it was going to happen, it should have happened a couple decades ago (at least).  Buffalo is full of people who will vote Democrat 100% of the time without ever wondering why the city (and region) is in a downward spiral.  Maybe we're just a few more unions and a few more tax increases away from that economic boom......

Buffalo's number one export is people.  And that's because there's no reason why anyone on the outside would ever want to invest in the region given all the other places they could invest their money.

76275[/snapback]

My mother almost cried when I told her I was a Republican. Then I asked her how she felt on some of the basic conservative values. When I got her answers I said, "Mom, guess what, you're a Repbulican too." :lol:

It's really more about Florida and Ohio.

Bush has 198 EV locked up. Kerry has 181 locked up.

Bush has about a 5-6 point adv. in Arkansas, Nevada, Virginny and West Virginny.

Kerry has 6 point leads in Oregon and New Jersey. He has a 4 point lead in New Hampshire.

Toss ups for Kerry are Minnesota, Pennsylvania, Maine, New Mexico (TIE), and Wisconsin.

Toss ups for Bush are Iowa (TIE), Ohio and Florida.

Just in Florida?  I expect a fiasco in most of the larger states.  I think it's pretty much inevitable that the next president will be "chosen" rather than "elected".

76252[/snapback]

Dear God I hope you are not right. What's next? A civil war?

I'm in PA, and would be surprised to see it shift to Bush.  The center of the state is clearly Bush, but the huge poulation centers are solidly Kerry. Gore won PA last time because the Left rallied the cities hard. I can tell you that the same thing is happening this time in Philly. I can't walk down the street at lunch without people asking me "Do you want to help get George Bush out of office?" If you say yes, they have registration forms and candidate info for Kerry. It's the most aggressive voting drive I've seen. There are literally people every two blocks throughout the city during morning, lunch, and evening rush hours.

I'm

76146[/snapback]

Actually, I think you're wrong on this. I think this year the Lehigh Valley, northeastern PA, the center of the state and areas around Pittsburght will go Bush.

The Lehigh Valley is conservative and Republican in nature for the most part.

The key to the state is Bucks and Montgomery counties. If they go Repub, Bush will win PA. It's possible, given that the latest polls i the state have it at a statistical dead heat.

An informal poll of friends and family I know has like a 60-40 edge to bush.

My mother almost cried when I told her I was a Republican.  Then I asked her how she felt on some of the basic conservative values.  When I got her answers I said, "Mom, guess what, you're a Repbulican too."  :devil:

76901[/snapback]

Isn't it hilarious? I don't know how anyone still in Buffalo can look at the rest of our country doing well while Buffalo rots and not wonder if they're electing the wrong kind of people with the wrong ideas. Wasn't Western New York one of the few places in America that missed out on the economic boom of the late 90's?

I really liked growing up in Buffalo but it's just going to get worse as long as everyone is a brainwashed zombie who votes for the same losers every year.

76045[/snapback]

Can any one of you liberals still living in the Buffalo/Western NY area defend your side? ANYONE?

Can any one of you liberals still living in the Buffalo/Western NY area defend your side? ANYONE?

77591[/snapback]

The thing is ... you can't. Which amazes me why we don't try this Republican thing that seemed to work for the entire south for at least a couple of years.

I love the Brian Higgins commericals that blame WNY's misfortune on President Bush. Personally, I did not know that President Bush also supported the tax policies that Higgins continues to vote to increase time and time again. ;)

I'm in PA, and would be surprised to see it shift to Bush.  The center of the state is clearly Bush, but the huge poulation centers are solidly Kerry. Gore won PA last time because the Left rallied the cities hard. I can tell you that the same thing is happening this time in Philly. I can't walk down the street at lunch without people asking me "Do you want to help get George Bush out of office?" If you say yes, they have registration forms and candidate info for Kerry. It's the most aggressive voting drive I've seen. There are literally people every two blocks throughout the city during morning, lunch, and evening rush hours.

I'm

76146[/snapback]

No kidding, I can't walk 2 blocks down South St. without running into that. I'm not a Bush fan, but when they ask if I wanna get rid of him, I usually say "No" just to see their reaction - they're speechless most of the time.