Ko Simpson's ankle acting up...

The bolded part is true -- No. 7, to be precise -- but that may have had something to do with the fact that they were also 28th in run D. Last I knew, Simon still played/coached a little bit of DB in his spare time, so I tend to trust his opinion on the subject ...

Exactly. There are lies, damn lies, and statistics.

Teams didn't have to throw on us because they could run at will. That skewed the pass defense stats. I like Ko, but he hasn't been tested yet.

Gasp! a 4th round rookie who was thrust into the starting role during his rookie season was victimized by opposing NFL coaches? Cut Ko now!

Yeah, because that's exactly what I said. :bag:

But what should I expect from a self-important schlub whose nearly complete dependence on straw men serves only to show that he is afflicted with an apparently incurable sense of wildly misplaced superiority.

Simpson was not a weak spot, and not "routinely victimized" that year.

Yes, he was. And it's nobody's fault but your own if you couldn't see it.

You're vision (or lack thereof) is so completely and utterly skewed that when somebody mildly refers to him as "average" you feel the need to call them an "idiot".

Frankly, I'm not sure whether you're really that clueless or just that big of a jerk.

Funny you should mention DB playing and coaching experience when considering the histories of Buffalo's head coach and defensive coordinators. I would say they might even be a better judge of talent than even the moderators of this board!

Yeah, that must be why when some of us have been praying to get Jabari Greer on the field for years, that brilliant staff has elected to repeatedly trot out the execrable Kiwaukee Thomas so we could watch him spend two years as one of the worst nickel backs in the NFL. :wub:

The only thing holding him back from hopefully becoming an elite player is his ankle..... and the lack of instincts he's displayed so far, and the fact that even though he is repeatedly tested he only breaks up one pass a month, and his hesitancy to make decisions (which at that position is no different than a poor decision), and his problem with always being a step late, and his habit of giving up 1stdown conversions, etc. so on and so forth.

There, I fixed your sentence for you. :thumbsup:

I'm not saying the guy sucks or that he can't get better. But all this repeated talk about how great he was as a rookie and how huge a part of of this defense he's going to be is patently absurd. I give him credit for playing hard but the fact of the matter is that he was the 2nd biggest pigeon on this team in his year as a starter; and if you only count 11 starters he was Pigeon #1.

Will he get better? I sure hope so; because if he doesn't he's simply not good enough to play in this league, much less be the kind of impact player so many people seem to think he'll be.

If he continues to play at the level he has so far it won't be long before he can join Keion Carpenter as an insurance salesman at Wildly Overrated Safetynet Inc.

Yeah, because that's exactly what I said. :thumbsup:

I'm not saying the guy sucks or that he can't get better. But all this repeated talk about how great he was as a rookie and how huge a part of of this defense he's going to be is patently absurd. I give him credit for playing hard but the fact of the matter is that he was the 2nd biggest pigeon on this team in his year as a starter; and if you only count 11 starters he was Pigeon #1.

Will he get better? I sure hope so; because if he doesn't he's simply not good enough to play in this league, much less be the kind of impact player so many people seem to think he'll be.

If he continues to play at the level he has so far it won't be long before he can join Keion Carpenter as an insurance salesman at Wildly Overrated Safetynet Inc.

I never said he was great. I've been of the stance that he played well, considering the fact that he was a 4th round rookie who was forced into the starting lineup. All things considered, we could have done much worse at FS in 2006. Also, as you stated, i'd rather have someone like Simpson in the lineup learning (or Greer as you said) than worthless piles of crap like kiwaukee Thomas or Jason Webster. I have tempered expectations for Ko this year. I dont expect him to be a world beater, but i DO expect him to show some improvement and start playing like a decent NFL safety.

Your post came across as if you didn't think or feel that he was ever going to improve.