Last Night's Colbert Report with Nas

Nas, petitioned a bunch of people who are sick of Fox News' racism and general propaganda against people in general.

During the episode of the Colbert Report, they brought up several examples of blatant racism on Fox. Nas was very diplomatic IMO about his approach to the discussion. In addition O'reilly's remarks about Nas's rhymes further proved his ignorance and bias.

Full Episode

bit by colbert about Fox's racism

Nas Interview with Colbert

Nas- Sly Fox rap

There were some excellent points made by both Nas and Colbert's crew. I still don't see how people can watch such a biased hateful news network.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nas, petitioned a bunch of people who are sick of Fox News' racism and general propaganda against people in general.

During the episode of the Colbert Report, they brought up several examples of blatant racism on Fox. Nas was very diplomatic IMO about his approach to the discussion. In addition O'reilly's remarks about Nas's rhymes further proved his ignorance and bias.

Full Episode

bit by colbert about Fox's racism

Nas Interview with Colbert

Nas- Sly Fox rap

There were some excellent points made by both Nas and Colbert's crew. I still don't see how people can watch such a biased hateful news network.

Pretty much the same way they watch CNN/MSNBC, etc. They turn on their blinders and see what they want to see.

All of the "for profit" media sucks.

Just in case you don't quite get Colbert's humor, the bit he put together on Fox is not intended to be taken seriously. Each and every clip in there showing "racism" was cut in manner that took them all out of the actual context in which they were said. Colbert, as always, is poking fun at everyone involved.

What's interesting to me is how this organization allows Nas to be its spokesman. Nas uses the "N" word in many of his raps.

Just in case you don't quite get Colbert's humor, the bit he put together on Fox is not intended to be taken seriously. Each and every clip in there showing "racism" was cut in manner that took them all out of the actual context in which they were said. Colbert, as always, is poking fun at everyone involved.

Yeah, I get that Colbert is going to make a joke about stuff, but most of that stuff in that short clip was pretty racist.

What's interesting to me is how this organization allows Nas to be its spokesman. Nas uses the "N" word in many of his raps.

Ok, I am going to assume that you are white as I am. I know that as whitey the devil, I can't say the N word without some repercussion. Now as hypocritical as it is, young black men can drop the "N" word without anyone blinking, because the hip hop/rap culture has allowed them to own that word. What you miss out on by focusing on the "N" word, is the truth and pain in Nas's rhymes. Nas brings up some very valid points about Fox News's racism and propaganda, especially Geraldo's rap. Also, nas did a very diplomatic thing, petitioning against Fox News like he did. O'Reilly also showed his ignorance on Nas and his rap by calling him a "thug". Anyone who understands Nas's rhymes, would know that he is one raps about rising above the adversity of the mean streets

The reality is that Fox doesn't show as much as news as they do opinionated rants from people from the right. While I agree the each media outlet has some bias one way or another. Fox really should not be claiming they are fair and balanced, especially with O'Reilly and Hannity on that network.

The reality is that Fox doesn't show as much as news as they do opinionated rants from people from the right. While I agree the each media outlet has some bias one way or another. Fox really should be claiming they are fair and balanced, especially with O'Reilly and Hannity on that network.

Actually, they don't show as much of either of those as they do salacious tabloid journalism. Where there any missing white women this week? Fox loves missing white women... :thumbsup:

Yeah, I get that Colbert is going to make a joke about stuff, but most of that stuff in that short clip was pretty racist.

Ok, I am going to assume that you are white as I am. I know that as whitey the devil, I can't say the N word without some repercussion. Now as hypocritical as it is, young black men can drop the "N" word without anyone blinking, because the hip hop/rap culture has allowed them to own that word. What you miss out on by focusing on the "N" word, is the truth and pain in Nas's rhymes. Nas brings up some very valid points about Fox News's racism and propaganda, especially Geraldo's rap. Also, nas did a very diplomatic person, petitioning against Fox News like he did. O'Reilly also showed his ignorance or Nas and his rap by calling him a "thug". Anyone who understands Nas's rhymes, would know that he is one raps about rising above the adversity of the mean streets

The reality is that Fox doesn't show as much as news as they do opinionated rants from people from the right. While I agree the each media outlet has some bias one way or another. Fox really should be claiming they are fair and balanced, especially with O'Reilly and Hannity on that network.

Spare me your bullschit sermon about how White people can't say !@#$ because when they say it it has an 'r' at the end but yet Blacks can call each other Nigga. Its utter horseschit and you're a fool for accepting that explanation. Wrong is wrong. If you don't want to hear the word THEN STOP USING IT!

Nas' rationalization about why 'he' is 'authorized' to use the word while whites aren't is a joke.

Spare me your bullschit sermon about how White people can't say !@#$ because when they say it it has an 'r' at the end but yet Blacks can call each other Nigga. Its utter horseschit and you're a fool for accepting that explanation. Wrong is wrong. If you don't want to hear the word THEN STOP USING IT!

Nas' rationalization about why 'he' is 'authorized' to use the word while whites aren't is a joke.

Did you not read what I said? I said it was hypocritical... :ph34r:

And then you went on to defend him using it...

No, I did not defend him on using the "n"-word. What I said about Nas is if you don't focus on the "n" word, you can see the painful truth about life on the streets. Personally, he is a hypocrite for saying the "N" word, but if you pay attention to the rest of his message, he makes some very good points.

Again, you are trying to put words in my mouth that I am not saying.

Hey justnzane,

After you get done watching South Park at 10, please turn off Comedy Central. Please wait a couple of years before trying to watch what comes on at 11 and 11:30 :ph34r:

Come on, what makes the those two shows as funny as they are, is that both of use a lot of truth to their stories. I found a good example of Colbert using a lot of truth that may be displeasing to the Republicans/ Fox News viewers ears.

;) to you man.

hail :ph34r:

Come on, what makes the those two shows as funny as they are, is that both of use a lot of truth to their stories. I found a good example of Colbert using a lot of truth that may be displeasing to the Republicans/ Fox News viewers ears.

:ph34r: to you man.

hail ;)

But for every Republicans / Faux News story there is a Democrat / DNCMSNBC story

For every O'Reilly / O'RLY story there is an Olberman / Olbertard story

For every Cartman there is a Kyle

For every Kyle there is a Cartman

Instead of accepting the fact that those b*stards killed Kenny, I'd rather know why they killed him

Said the boy in the red poof ball hat

Hail :ph34r:

But for every Republicans / Faux News story there is a Democrat / DNCMSNBC story

For every O'Reilly / O'RLY story there is an Olberman / Olbertard story

For every Cartman there is a Kyle

For every Kyle there is a Cartman

Instead of accepting the fact that those b*stards killed Kenny, I'd rather know why they killed him

Said the boy in the red poof ball hat

Hail :ph34r:

cute.

But the bolded part is true. However, a good portion of the libs don't live and die by Olberman's word. For whatever reason, some republicans believe every little bit of garbage that is spewed out of O'Reilly's and Hannity's mouths. They live and breathe as Bill and Sean tell them to. What bugs me is that a sizable portion of the Fox News viewers only watch that station and never take the time to get other perspectives on a given subject. Since this portion of viewers only listens to Fox News and nothing else, they end up rather ignorant or biased, or in this case with racist views.

cute.

But the bolded part is true. However, a good portion of the libs don't live and die by Olberman's word. For whatever reason, some republicans believe every little bit of garbage that is spewed out of O'Reilly's and Hannity's mouths. They live and breathe as Bill and Sean tell them to. What bugs me is that a sizable portion of the Fox News viewers only watch that station and never take the time to get other perspectives on a given subject. Since this portion of viewers only listens to Fox News and nothing else, they end up rather ignorant or biased, or in this case with racist views.

True that a portion of some Republicans live and breath what O'Reilly/Hannity say....however

Considering what comes out of MSNBC/CNN/ABC/CBS/NBC as "unbiased objective" journalism, I'd say the Republicans still have a right to complain about what is "fair and balanced"

If you disagree, I'd suggest that you email Chris Matthews and recommend that he have that tingly feeling in his leg looked at.

Granted "tingly feelings" aren't really a serious problem, but my Mom has had vision problems lately and that turned out to be Cancer ;):ph34r:

True that a portion of some Republicans live and breath what O'Reilly/Hannity say....however

Considering what comes out of MSNBC/CNN/ABC/CBS/NBC as "unbiased objective" journalism, I'd say the Republicans still have a right to complain about what is "fair and balanced"

Yes, I agree with what you are saying. However, to go completely off the opposite end of the spectrum doesn't give the network the right to say they are "fair and balanced". What they could say instead is that they "are the counterbalance to the liberal bias."

Yes, I agree with what you are saying. However, to go completely off the opposite end of the spectrum doesn't give the network the right to say they are "fair and balanced". What they could say instead is that they "are the counterbalance to the liberal bias."

So one news network that doesn't hide their bias is far more dangerous than the rest who pretend to hide theirs?

Might want to get that tingly feeling in your leg checked out. It might be contagious :ph34r:

So one news network that doesn't hide their bias is far more dangerous than the rest who pretend to hide theirs?

Might want to get that tingly feeling in your leg checked out. It might be contagious :ph34r:

I'll actually answer yes to that question, because an educated person will be able to differentiate opinion from fact. But when you have such a bias like Fox does, your less intelligent viewers take the extreme opinions as fact. That in and ofitself is dangerous