First it was seatbelts, then smoking, then transfats

Another ridiculous government ban...I'm starting to get that Demolition Man feeling...

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1216682549...l?mod=yhoofront

Booth: Gun. Noun. Portable firearm. This device was widely utilized in the urban wars of the late twentieth century. Referred to as a pistol, a piece...

Simon Phoenix: Look I don't need a history lesson! C'mon, HAL, where are the god damn guns?

Moral Statute Machine: You are fined one credit for a violation of the Verbal Morality Statute.

Simon Phoenix: What? F*ck you!

Moral Statute Machine: Your repeated violation of the Verbal Morality Statute has caused me to notify the San Angeles Police Department. Please remain where you are for your reprimand.

Simon Phoenix: All right, gentlemen, let's review. The year is 2032 - that's two-zero-three-two, as in the 21st Century - and I am sorry to say the world has become a p*ssy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself,

Lenina Huxley: I have, in fact, perused some newsreels in the Schwarzenegger Library, and the time that you took that car...

JohnSpartan: Hold it. The Schwarzenegger Library?

Lenina Huxley: Yes. The Schwarzenegger Presidential Library. Wasn't he an actor when you...?

JohnSpartan: Stop! He was President?

Lenina Huxley: Yes! Even though he was not born in this country, his popularity at the time caused the 61st Amendment which states...

Fast food restaurants are like drug dealers. I don't like having to legislate against them, but if thats what it takes, then so be it.

I know what you mean.

This morning, on the way to work, A McD's physically assaulted me into coming by, buying a grease-bomg, then forced me to eat it. The worst part? They prohibited me from walking or excersising in any way. At least they gave me the down-low on the latest Hannah Montana news...

I know what you mean.

This morning, on the way to work, A McD's physically assaulted me into coming by, buying a grease-bomg, then forced me to eat it. The worst part? They prohibited me from walking or excersising in any way. At least they gave me the down-low on the latest Hannah Montana news...

:thumbsup: awesome

I know what you mean.

Apparently you only read the part of my post you didn't like.........and apparently you don't know what I mean

Un-fricken-believable . . . So much for a free-market economy.

Doesn't anyone in LaLaLand realize the ramifactions of this nonsense?

Thats why we need to fix the educational system- SO WE DON"T HAVE TO PULL GARBAGE LIKE THIS!

Apparently you only read the part of my post you didn't like.........and apparently you don't know what I mean

To be honest, I did read it all. I actually thought you were being sarcastic. Do you mean you were, in fact, serious???

To be honest, I did read it all. I actually thought you were being sarcastic. Do you mean you were, in fact, serious???

I don't want laws made against any industry- I want it fixed the right way. Something I am sick and tired of is the fast food industry doing all their research and adding the right flavoring here and right flavoring there and pawning off their slop like addicting drugs. And if you think that isn't a fitting description, then you are fooling yourself

We are the most out of shape country in the world, and the cost of eating bad is dwarfed by the cost of eating good- that isn't right. I know overregulating is bad for the economy- everybody knows that! But status quo isn't good for us either.

I don't want laws made against any industry- I want it fixed the right way. Something I am sick and tired of is the fast food industry doing all their research and adding the right flavoring here and right flavoring there and pawning off their slop like addicting drugs. And if you think that isn't a fitting description, then you are fooling yourself

We are the most out of shape country in the world, and the cost of eating bad is dwarfed by the cost of eating good- that isn't right. I know overregulating is bad for the economy- everybody knows that! But status quo isn't good for us either.

Simple answer...don't eat it. Publicize how bad it is for people. My Demolition Man (A really under-rated social commentary movie BTW) reference was apt if there is anyone supporting this...

Simple answer...don't eat it. Publicize how bad it is for people. My Demolition Man (A really under-rated social commentary movie BTW) reference was apt if there is anyone supporting this...

Kids don't know not to eat it, and they end up hooked on it. Its the dumb as rock parents of this generation that are to blame. To me, a better alternative to TRYING to legislate McDonalds out of existence is check kids for physical fitness every year, and if they don't meet a standard, they let them repeat the grade! If a parent wants to try to sue over it, don't even let a judge hear the case- throw it out.

We are getting fatter, dumber, less creative and more dependent on foreign oil by the minute. Its time to get back to the work ethic and ideals that the country was built on.

By the way (the 100th time I've said that in this thread, by the way), I am more for the method I just stated than using legislation that won't work to begin with. The fact is, something needs to be done- even if its wrong!

There is a vast cadre of sheep in this country that want/need to be led by their government. They are the "regulated" generation. Oddly enough, they were in large bred by hippies who fought the establishment tooth and nail. (This was NOT aimed at any individual!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

You are wasting your time my friend.

There is a vast cadre of sheep in this country that want/need to be led by their government. They are the "regulated" generation. Oddly enough, they were in large bred by hippies who fought the establishment tooth and nail. (This was NOT aimed at any individual!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

You are wasting your time my friend.

Everyone needs to be led by government - its part of how humans adapt to governmental society, they learn over time to depend on government for things. The correct question is how much leading should government do? What is an appropriate balance of governmental interference with freedom?

Everyone needs to be led by government - its part of how humans adapt to governmental society, they learn over time to depend on government for things. The correct question is how much leading should government do? What is an appropriate balance of governmental interference with freedom?

I'll buy that. I also assert that most of these bans are built not out of concern, but of deception and corruption.

I'll buy that. I also assert that most of these bans are built not out of concern, but of deception and corruption.

Bill- I agree with you, my problem is that many of these kids need protection from their own parents stupidity. Legislation won't fix the problem, it might even make it worse.

I just hope that the legislation sounds the alarm that a sound course of action needs to be found.