Scouts Inc. rates DBs (O...boy)

Numark

McGee:

5.8 YPA Longest completion allowed was 25 yards. 21 PD's and 4 INTS.

The Average YPA is around 8 for a corner.

I don't get to see many Bills' games, so I try to limit my comments on individual player, and rely on folks here.

But aren't those numbers for McGee kinda expected for a CB that plays in a defense that runs one of these Cover 2 flavors a fair amount? :devil:

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get to see many Bills' games, so I try to limit my comments on individual player, and rely on folks here.

But aren't those numbers for McGee kinda expected for a CB that plays in a defense that runs one of these Cover 2 flavors a fair amount? :devil:

Those numbers are only gotten by very few CB's in the league each year. It shows that McGee was allowing only very short gains, and batting down/intercepting a lot of passes. That is all you can ask of a corner... McGee did his job as well as it could have been done last year.

Those numbers are only gotten by very few CB's in the league each year. It shows that McGee was allowing only very short gains, and batting down/intercepting a lot of passes. That is all you can ask of a corner... McGee did his job as well as it could have been done last year.

That 21 passed-defended figure is certainly impressive.

It'll be interesting to see how/when they work McK into the line-up.

CIN had to put their '07 #1, Leon Hall, into a starting role prematurely - '06's #1 Jonathan Joseph messed up his foot in training camp, and incumbent Delthea O'Neal had another nagging injury that cost him games.

For the first several games, the only question about Hall was whether his toast had jam or jelly on it. :devil:

But he improved notably as time wore on - which seems the norm for most high-pick CBs. I expect much the same for McK.

That 21 passed-defended figure is certainly impressive.

It'll be interesting to see how/when they work McK into the line-up.

CIN had to put their '07 #1, Leon Hall, into a starting role prematurely - '06's #1 Jonathan Joseph messed up his foot in training camp, and incumbent Delthea O'Neal had another nagging injury that cost him games.

For the first several games, the only question about Hall was whether his toast had jam or jelly on it. :devil:

But he improved notably as time wore on - which seems the norm for most high-pick CBs. I expect much the same for McK.

Yeah. His transition wasn't as smooth as Darrelle Revis' was, but by the end of the year, Hall was looking pretty solid.

Yeah. His transition wasn't as smooth as Darrelle Revis' was, but by the end of the year, Hall was looking pretty solid.

I'd guess the wipe-out of the B'gals LB corps didn't help him much. IIRC against BUF, they started DE Geathers and 7th round rookie SS Ndukwe at OLB.

FWIW, I have a hard time seeing the CIN club doing much better than 8 and 8 - if that. The six dates against PIT, CLE, BAL, contests against DAL, NYG, PHI, WAS, and tilts with JAX and IND...seems a tough row to hoe.

FS M. Williams went to MIN, Ocho Dinko question marks, if Rudi Johnson returns to form etc. PSU's Kilmer returns to health, so that should help out their moribund STs. Maybe.

The signing of TEN DE Odom should help them. And draftees Rivers and Sims. But that's just speculation...

The signing of TEN DE Odom should help them. And draftees Rivers and Sims. But that's just speculation...

Odom had a good year, but now we'll see if it was more a case of him stepping up....or if it was due to the fact that he played on a pretty good D line w/ two Pro Bowl linemen in Haynesworth and Vanden Bosch. If he can be anything close to the pass rusher he was last season, Cincy's defense will be greatly improved.

You have a point; I wouldn't put them in the top half. At least not yet. But ... behind the stinkin' Fish? Really? Have they seen Miami play since Madison and Surtain left town?

Apparently not.

Odom had a good year, but now we'll see if it was more a case of him stepping up....or if it was due to the fact that he played on a pretty good D line w/ two Pro Bowl linemen in Haynesworth and Vanden Bosch. If he can be anything close to the pass rusher he was last season, Cincy's defense will be greatly improved.

We'll see.

The departed DE Justin Smith covered a goodly amount of territory.

Greer has better size?

Whaaaaaaaaat

Yes that Greer is small stuff had to due with his being light 170, not short 5'11 he is now like 180- 185

did anybody see the article about who would play right corner- I totally disagree with this comment

"Two of main candidates for the role were part of the competition last season. Jabari Greer and Ashton Youboty however, both were outperformed by Jason Webster who landed the starting role coming out of training camp."

simply not true - I watched a lot of training camp both live and video - Greer outplayed Webster but they started Webster anyways.

Yes that Greer is small stuff had to due with his being light 170, not short 5'11 he is now like 180- 185

did anybody see the article about who would play right corner- I totally disagree with this comment

"Two of main candidates for the role were part of the competition last season. Jabari Greer and Ashton Youboty however, both were outperformed by Jason Webster who landed the starting role coming out of training camp."

simply not true - I watched a lot of training camp both live and video - Greer outplayed Webster but they started Webster anyways.

Agreed. Webster didn't "land" the job -- it was given to him because he had previous starting experience, in a move many of us criticized.

Agreed. Webster didn't "land" the job -- it was given to him because he had previous starting experience, in a move many of us criticized.

Yet, Jauron is considered an excellent coach.

Especially after we saw him Play a few Downs... :D

I was critical of Webster the day he was signed. I saw him play in SF and Atlanta and didn't see how the change in the uniform colors was going to turn him into an NFL CB. (If anybody gets anything out of him, it will no doubt be Billy B. though. <sigh>)

Yet, Jauron is considered an excellent coach.

I was critical of Webster the day he was signed. I saw him play in SF and Atlanta and didn't see how the change in the uniform colors was going to turn him into an NFL CB. (If anybody gets anything out of him, it will no doubt be Billy B. though. <sigh>)

John Guy was the astute talent evaluator bringing Webster to the team

another tremendous signing