Favre in Tampa last night

Per ESPN this morning, he WAS there and he says Tampa is too hot for his liking. As a 'retired' player, he can go to dinner with whomever he wishes and discuss anything he wishes. The Pack/NFL may not like it, but I doubt they have a legal leg to stand on.

Retired folks go to dinner in Florida all the time. :lol:

As azpuszczaloski mentions a few posts above, is he "officially" retired?

But I can certainly see the NFL winking at the tampering rule in this case. Having Favre on the field for another season makes their cash register sing... :P

From yesterday's Van Susteren interview...

VAN SUSTEREN: Have you signed any papers, at this point, saying you retired, any official papers?

FAVRE: No, I have not signed any official papers.

Link

well, then i guess that means that unless tampa has permission from GB, that would be tampering cause he is still officially a member of the Packers, but is just on their LTIR/Retired List

well, then i guess that means that unless tampa has permission from GB, that would be tampering cause he is still officially a member of the Packers, but is just on their LTIR/Retired List

I didn't think he actually retired, but I could have sworn they were talking about him filing for reinstatement with Goodell. Very confusing.

The Vikings "have declined to comment on allegations by the Green Bay Packers that they made inappropriate contact with quarterback Brett Favre."

Personally, I'd like to see Favre end up in Minnesota, but it just won't happen. I see this ended up being a trade where Brett and GB mutually make a list of acceptable teams, and then a deal will be worked out

But alas... Nanker, like Tom Brady, is always sucking the teet of life!