Trent Edwards

Did not know this. Imagine if he had a full year !

Edwards, whose strengths are his decision-making and leadership, threw eight TDs last year in going 5-4 as a starter, but four of his scores came in one game against Miami. Still, his 1,630 passing yards were most by a third-round rookie QB in NFL history (Dan Fouts had 1,126 in 1973).

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/teams/report/BUF/10894688

Edwards, whose strengths are his decision-making and leadership, threw eight TDs last year in going 5-4 as a starter, but four of his scores came in one game against Miami. Still, his 1,630 passing yards were most by a third-round rookie QB in NFL history (Dan Fouts had 1,126 in 1973).

Kinda like some of those baseball stats such as: 3rd best batting average among 1st year catcher's when playing during the day on days above 70 degrees against right handers with nobody on base.

Trent only threw 7 TD's last year with 8 INT's.

Trent only threw 7 TD's last year with 8 INT's.

3 ints from the giants in 40 mph sleet while trying to come from behind. And as was pointed out 4 tds from dolphins game. Generally he didn't throw many tds or ints. Either way the stat at issue was yards.

3 ints from the giants in 40 mph sleet while trying to come from behind. And as was pointed out 4 tds from dolphins game. Generally he didn't throw many tds or ints. Either way the stat at issue was yards.

Nice response.

Fact is, people who like Trent find reasons to like him. People who don't, find reasons not too, such as saying that his yardage statistics when compared to other considerably good and great QB's rookie years means nothing and that he didn't show anything last year. Statistics are nothing but numbers. Trent was good last season in some areas of the game. Your point shows, to me at least, that he was a solid decisionmaker in most of his starts. That is a rare quality in a Rookie QB. We'll see if that improves this year. I like you, think it will.

Nice response.

Fact is, people who like Trent find reasons to like him. People who don't, find reasons not too, such as saying that his yardage statistics when compared to other considerably good and great QB's rookie years means nothing and that he didn't show anything last year. Statistics are nothing but numbers. Trent was good last season in some areas of the game. Your point shows, to me at least, that he was a solid decisionmaker in most of his starts. That is a rare quality in a Rookie QB. We'll see if that improves this year. I like you, think it will.

I am hopeful for Trent, as J.P. doesn't have "it" IMO. Apparently the front office wasn't sold on Losman

either after seeing him play a full season, and drafted a well regarded Edwards.

Getting a nod from Walsh was a good sign also.

The '07 season seemed to show a rookie Edwards was at least no worse than a veteran, Losman.

:blink:

OK so i was completely pissed off when we drafted Edwards last year i was like WTF ARE WE DOING? Then JP got hurt and i was like GREAT :blink:, then i thought JP deserved another chance because Trent did make some pour decisions like throwing the INT in the Red Zone on the horrific Monday Nighter but no we stuck with Trent. So now we must be happy with Trent as the starter no matter what i mean i love JP just as much as his fan base but we gotta stick with TE. Although i didnt think edwards was great last year he had good composure so hopefully he can improve dramatically, throw less INTS, throw more TDs not get hurt and lead this team to the playoffs...thats what i hope!

there that is my rant

I've just seen it as JP has many excuses for not living up to potential while Trent has matched that developing potential in his first year. I love JP, if he ever reaches his potential he has the athleticism that Favre had when he first entered the league, and has a similar arm. Five years is a long time to wait for development, and I fully support Trent this season. Trent seems to be a special player, the kind Walsh has found before. He gives the kid the Nod to and old friend who is desperate for help and possibly hands us the best gift since Jim Kelly. I will say that Trent is all potential, just as JP is, and he need to define himself this season, so far I like his style. It's such a shame we can't keep both kids, as they both are great people off the field and are outstanding role models which is highly admirable.