Smoking Nazis hit Amsterdam

Link

Having been there recently, I can tell you that pretty much every single person in the place was smoking cigarettes before, in lieu of, or after getting high. I'm sure the 'go outside' policy will be real popular with them; not to mention the local residents who will have crowds of loud smokers hanging out on the street instead of inside the bars. Just ask the residents of NYC's East Village how that has worked out.

I called a resort in Maine about a possible stay there. They have a huge beach and a ton of land. The guy told me that if I want to smoke at any time, I must sit in my car with the windows closed.

I wonder how it is enforced. Do they have people in uniforms sneaking around the beach all night? Or do they call police officers and make "smoke complaints?" Imagine living in that community and having your police investigating cigarette smoking all day and night instead of being on patrol and helping others.

I called a resort in Maine about a possible stay there. They have a huge beach and a ton of land. The guy told me that if I want to smoke at any time, I must sit in my car with the windows closed.

What happens when you open the door after you had your smoke ? Are they relying on the car fabric & clothes to absorb the smoke as you exhale ? Or do they have an issue with exposure to a lit up cig ?