You know this is not far from happening in the US

Check this out from Spain...

http://www.reuters.com/article/scienceNews...=22&sp=true

Here in the US there are liberal lawyers who are environmental extremists that are fighting to grant humans the right to represent animals and bring forth lawsuits on their behalf in a court of law. Sounds absurd doesn't it? It's really happening.

If by granting "human rights" you mean the right of the animal to live as it was meant to live, outside a cage and off-limits for medical (and other) experimentation, what's wrong with that? I don't see the need for lawyers myself, but our western society in particular seems to think that everything God put on earth was here for us to use or exploit as we see fit. So-called "primitive" people like native Americans killed what they needed, and wasted very little. The West seems to take the opposite approach. So given that, I suppose that the only way to make people change from an entitlement perspective to one more reconciled to a more reasonable co-existence, is to scare them with something proven to work: litigation.

Regarding your attempt to make this another "us versus them" Liberal/Conservative issue, I'll wager there are plenty of Conservatives who believe in...well, conservation, not just in the fiduciary sense but in terms of the overall philosphy of "waste not, want not".

Again, you make incorrect assumptions. I am a conservationist and believe in protecting the environment. I have no greater enjoyment in life than being in the outdoors with my family. I am an avid hunter and fishermen and believe in responsible management of our natural resources so that they are there for future generations.

My 15 yr old son had, in his words "the best day in his life" last year while we were deer hunting and saw some bucks sparring, as well as two mountain lion sightings in the same day (one stalking deer). We did not kill a thing that day, but the beauty of what we saw is what made it so great.

In regards to my reason for posting this thread, there are those who are making a stealthy legal approach toward blocking off hunting and preventing us from managing these resources. They want to ban hunting. Yes, they are far left, liberal groups. I'm not trying to pick a fight, but it is what it is. Bottom line.

As far as killing what is needed, my family primarily eats venison year round for our red meat intake. I don't kill anything I don't eat. I butcher and package it myself. I UNDERSTAND where my food comes from while many of these loons have no fuggin clue.

This doesn't seem that controversial. Guess I'd have to see the text of the bill (if I cared more).

Keeping apes for circuses, television commercials or filming will also be forbidden and breaking the new laws will become an offence under Spain's penal code.

Keeping an estimated 315 apes in Spanish zoos will not be illegal, but supporters of the bill say conditions will need to improve drastically in 70 percent of establishments to comply with the new law.

If by granting "human rights" you mean the right of the animal to live as it was meant to live, outside a cage and off-limits for medical (and other) experimentation, what's wrong with that? I don't see the need for lawyers myself, but our western society in particular seems to think that everything God put on earth was here for us to use or exploit as we see fit. So-called "primitive" people like native Americans killed what they needed, and wasted very little. The West seems to take the opposite approach. So given that, I suppose that the only way to make people change from an entitlement perspective to one more reconciled to a more reasonable co-existence, is to scare them with something proven to work: litigation.

Regarding your attempt to make this another "us versus them" Liberal/Conservative issue, I'll wager there are plenty of Conservatives who believe in...well, conservation, not just in the fiduciary sense but in terms of the overall philosphy of "waste not, want not".

Dude, have you ever smelled an ape? They are almost as stinky as hippies. They do not deserve rights.

This doesn't seem that controversial. Guess I'd have to see the text of the bill (if I cared more).

I'm certainly in favor of treating animals humanely, that's a no-brainer. My point for starting this thread is that there is a movement in the US to allow humans (lawyers) to file lawsuits on behalf of animals. If this is allowed to happen, stand by.

Just like the Polar Bear as an endangered specie sham. The schit is out of control.

I'm certainly in favor of treating animals humanely, that's a no-brainer. My point for starting this thread is that there is a movement in the US to allow humans (lawyers) to file lawsuits on behalf of animals. If this is allowed to happen, stand by.

Just like the Polar Bear as an endangered specie sham. The schit is out of control.

It's not out of control. It just makes headlines and pushes your buttons for some reason.

Dude, have you ever smelled an ape? They are almost as stinky as hippies. They do not deserve rights.

I'd put an ape up against a construction worker in Louisiana, Alabama, Mississippi or Texas in August any day.

Again, you make incorrect assumptions. I am a conservationist and believe in protecting the environment. I have no greater enjoyment in life than being in the outdoors with my family. I am an avid hunter and fishermen and believe in responsible management of our natural resources so that they are there for future generations.

My 15 yr old son had, in his words "the best day in his life" last year while we were deer hunting and saw some bucks sparring, as well as two mountain lion sightings in the same day (one stalking deer). We did not kill a thing that day, but the beauty of what we saw is what made it so great.

^^^

Look we have Euell Gibbons here!

"Ever eat a pine tree? Many parts are edible."

During the rut after the bucks get done battling:

"Look, two deer phucking... Look son, but don't touch!"

:D<_<

And yes, SD... I am only razzing you!

:(