The Big Ankle

Frez

IMHO, our season rides on the Ankle of Marcus Stroud. If that ankle can stay 100% healthy we can have that winning season and hopes of making the playoffs will be alive.

It's all about Strouds ankle!

IMHO, our season rides on the Ankle of Marcus Stroud. If that ankle can stay 100% healthy we can have that winning season and hopes of making the playoffs will be alive.

Frez, you are absolutely right. If Stroud can play near his pro-bowl caliber level, it will be a tremdous boost to our run defense and make a huge diffrence. If he is damaged goods (and Jack DelRio is no dummy I might add), our defense will not be able to stop the run as the DL is basically the same as last year. Here's hoping Stroud is a bad a$$. :D

Frez, you are absolutely right. If Stroud can play near his pro-bowl caliber level, it will be a tremdous boost to our run defense and make a huge diffrence. If he is damaged goods (and Jack DelRio is no dummy I might add), our defense will not be able to stop the run as the DL is basically the same as last year. Here's hoping Stroud is a bad a$$. :D

Stroud can be a major upgrade to this team if he's 100% healthy and ready to go week one.

I'm telling ya, keep an eye on the big ankle.

While it's difficult to nail an entire season down to a single joint in a single player, you're right to a significant degree. If that B-mofo is healthy, good heavens, it changes the entire equation.

By the way, the offseason bites the big green weenie.

I'd say the defence rests on how the ankle works out

The season rides on alot more then that, and I would say a vastly improved offence will be more of a factor, like one that can score more then FG's in a game. Last year, had the offence been able to score one TD more a game, the win/loss column would have looked much better and they would have been building off of a playoff season.

The defence wasn't great last year (statistics make it look much worse) but it was good enough not to cost them many games, if any. In fact, there were some games that the defence was the only reason they were still in the game til the end (Denver, Dallas....)

I'd say the defence rests on how the ankle works out

The season rides on alot more then that, and I would say a vastly improved offence will be more of a factor, like one that can score more then FG's in a game. Last year, had the offence been able to score one TD more a game, the win/loss column would have looked much better and they would have been building off of a playoff season.

The defence wasn't great last year (statistics make it look much worse) but it was good enough not to cost them many games, if any. In fact, there were some games that the defence was the only reason they were still in the game til the end (Denver, Dallas....)

Good post. I agree.