What are you most excited about?

scribo

The funny thing is that you have absolutely no problem with a guy like Bill from NYC who forced a thread about Edwards' arm strength into a "I hate JP Losman" bash-fest for no reason. Where is the outrage for that? Oh that's right, it's ok as long as it's him. Sorry, I forgot. So coming to the defense Losman is now grounds for being booted? That thread was about Edwards, I WAS discussing Edwards and what he needs to do to fix his less than perfect game. Get off you f'n high horse and stop with the double standard. If TSW does go the route of only supporting one side like NBCs political coverage then this will be one very very sad place.

Dick Jauron does suck and I'm only trying to wake some people up around here. He pissed me off like no head coach has ever had. Watching that team play so timidly mad me sick. If they want to boot me for expressing this opinion then so be it.

Seriously, what's the point of this? To say after the season that you were right? Why can't fans be excited for their upcoming season in June? I have no problem with opposite views (I love the QB debates because people are arguing about 2 average to below QBs at this point in their careers) but why keep trashing DJ? What purpose does it serve?

And serious question. If I told you before last season that: Kevin Everett would be nearly paralyzed; Trent Edwards would get the majority of snaps; Fred Jackson would have to start 3 games; Peerless Price would miss 10+ games; our top 2 reserve DEs would miss big parts of the season; our 2nd round pick MLB would miss 13 games; and guys like the Pizza Man, George Wilson, Jabari Greer, and Jim Leonhard would get major playing time, what would you predict the Bills record to be? I think if you answered the question honestly, you'd realize how great of a job Jauron did. But please keep trying to make Bills' fans hate their head coach. :wallbash:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously, what's the point of this? To say after the season that you were right? Why can't fans be excited for their upcoming season in June? I have no problem with opposite views (I love the QB debates because people are arguing about 2 average to below QBs at this point in their careers) but why keep trashing DJ? What purpose does it serve?

And serious question. If I told you before last season that: Kevin Everett would be nearly paralyzed; Trent Edwards would get the majority of snaps; Fred Jackson would have to start 3 games; Peerless Price would miss 10+ games; our top 2 reserve DEs would miss big parts of the season; our 2nd round pick MLB would miss 13 games; and guys like the Pizza Man, George Wilson, Jabari Greer, and Jim Leonhard would get major playing time, what would you predict the Bills record to be? I think if you answered the question honestly, you'd realize how great of a job Jauron did. But please keep trying to make Bills' fans hate their head coach. :wallbash:

My point is to debate the fans who like to roll out the Jauron excuse train that you ended up listing. My point is to hold accountable a head coach who I thought did not dare his players to be great. He instead told them to let the other team make the mistake, that they're not good enough to try to grab touchdown catches inside the endzone, that they're not good enough to risk 1st and 2nd down pass attempts. I am surprised at how many here are so pleased with a guy that I feel is one of the worst coaches this franchise has ever had. Is he a good guy? Sure he is, but he lacks the intestinal fortitude is takes to let his players play and then see where the chips end up falling. I'm not trying to get fans to hate the man, just to hopefully shine a light brightly enough so that we can all go into the 2008 season with our eyes wide open looking for a real change of approach.

As for his record, I've stated it many times and I'll do it once more. Dick Jauron's style is to get his team to the promised land. What is his promised land? A .500 record or there abouts. He does not coach like a guy that is looking to make a mark. His style is so conservative that it will net you at least five games from the bad teams who are actually trying to win the game and end up making one of those bad mistakes. The other two are easy enough to come by because of the parity in the league. Look around, there's not that many teams in the league that are very good. So of course the Bills were going to get their seven wins. That was a given and I see no reason to throw roses at his feet for that. What did his team do against the actual good teams? They got blown out the stadium door most of the time. Again not a good sign for a head coach of Dick's tenure. I see no adjustments, I see no creativity. Is that serious enough for you? I hope he either changes his ways or I hope he's gone.

And serious question. If I told you before last season that: Kevin Everett would be nearly paralyzed; Trent Edwards would get the majority of snaps; Fred Jackson would have to start 3 games; Peerless Price would miss 10+ games; our top 2 reserve DEs would miss big parts of the season; our 2nd round pick MLB would miss 13 games; and guys like the Pizza Man, George Wilson, Jabari Greer, and Jim Leonhard would get major playing time, what would you predict the Bills record to be? I think if you answered the question honestly, you'd realize how great of a job Jauron did. But please keep trying to make Bills' fans hate their head coach. :rolleyes:

You don't really think the Bills would have won more games had Everett not been injured do you?