Teens Getting Pregnant...

WWVaBeach

Bah, he's not going to be a train-hopping "beans in a can eating" crack-head. No hobo-style here.

I'll put $50 on him being a college drop-out loser that lived with his parents up until 6 months ago. I'm sure they up and kicked him out because he always comes home stoned. The "homeless" guy in this scenario is going to be your classic creep that never stopped hanging around the high school. I'm sure he figures all of the girls like him, but truth be told, they're just f%&king him because he's old enough to supply the beer on the weekends.

Everyone knew a guy like this in high school. I can think of a few off of the top of my head. There was always a collection of 20-somethings at all of the parties we'd throw. Guys that just don't want to grow up for whatever reason and wind up "homeless" in the sense that they're consistently crashing at a buddy's house.

You ask anyone at that school who he is and half of the students will tell you he's always at the smoking hangout to pick up his friends at the end of the day. Guy needs to spend a few days behind bars to knock some reality into him.

:lol: at the thought that she went out and picked up an inner city trash-pickier!

Sadly, I think you just described my dad in a nutshell. :lol: For the timebeing, I am living with my uncle, and we talk about my dad being the kind of guy who won't grow up. Seriously, he is going for the ones just over 18 now and it creeps me out :lol: Then again, he hooked up w/ my mom when she was in high school and he was an early 20 something. Yes, I was the result of a teenage pregnancy.

Sadly, I think you just described my dad in a nutshell. :lol: For the timebeing, I am living with my uncle, and we talk about my dad being the kind of guy who won't grow up. Seriously, he is going for the ones just over 18 now and it creeps me out :lol: Then again, he hooked up w/ my mom when she was in high school and he was an early 20 something. Yes, I was the result of a teenage pregnancy.

Now this freaking scares me dude! I am not that much younger than your parents!

Thanks!

:lol:

Oh man! You are asking for it! I didn't have my first child till I was 30! And I am around bikinis all summer for 40 hours a week!

:lol:

I'll give you all the credit in the world man. I honestly don't think that most teens are well equipped mentally to be parents. I grant you that I have had a bit a of a biased experienced that has helped form this opinion. I'm 24 and have no intention of being a parent any time soon. Also, I think these girls are mostly throwing away their futures by getting knocked up at such an early age w/o their own financial and personal stability in place. In other words, I think it is better to wait until mid to late 20's to get your own life situated before you create another life.

:lol: my mom hasn't been anything to look at it in years. Then again, I find it funny when I tell people that my mom is 40 and they give me this look like this :lol: .

Is that look because she looks 60 or 30? We need specifics here.

Ms. GhostsOfTheRockpile was watching Good Morning America today when this story was covered.

Apparently there are a few girls who got pregnant because they just made mistakes, but they alleged there was a group of UNDERCLASS high school girls who formed a pact to get knocked up. Of course, people they interviewed did a GREAT job passing the buck and laying the blame at the feet of people like Ashley Simpson, that other Spears girl, "Juno," "Knocked Up" and other elements of the entertainment industry.

As for the homeless man, the actual story (apparently) is that one of the girls DID have sex with him in an effort to get pregnant, but that attempt failed. Of course, she was successful at a later date. And for what its worth, the girls shown on the tv report were... well, to put it nicely... disgustingly awful looking.

To paraphrase a man much wiser than myself, "the terrorists don't hate us for our freedom... I HATE US FOR OUR FREEDOM." Seriously? This is what our country has come to?

Dan Quayle was essentially correct.

Hollywood loves to give itself credit for breaking down barriers, and I admit that there's no doubt movies and TV have played a role in minimizing bigotry over the years. But if they can have a positive efffect on people, they can have a negative effect as well. I think both effects are small compared to what the parents can do, but I do think they exist.

I agree.

Obviously, with virtually every television show consisting of scantily clad hotties and abundant penis jokes, Hollywood has not done the kids in this country any favors.

I'm glad I'm pushing 40. I would hate to be growing up now. :lol:

Is that look because she looks 60 or 30? We need specifics here.

50. :lol:

In reference to my previous post, people usually give me that look, because they expect children of teenage parents to become !@#$ ups. With my parents especially, I have had people ask me how I have come as far as I have with such sh------- upbringing