Favorite Player Recently Traded

My favorite player that we recently got rid of was london fletcher. I loved that guy he was an animal every week, i agree with the decision, seeing as how he was getting old, but i miss his intensity on our defense

Spikes, I know he might've badmouthed the city after he left and he's more injury prone than Moises Alou, but I loved watching him play in '04. He was just scary, if I saw him walking down the street in those days I would probably slide or take a knee. Also, that hit on Brady in the first play of '06 was awesome. Those achilles are a b*tch, he could've been great.

Spikes, I know he might've badmouthed the city after he left and he's more injury prone than Moises Alou, but I loved watching him play in '04. He was just scary, if I saw him walking down the street in those days I would probably slide or take a knee. Also, that hit on Brady in the first play of '06 was awesome. Those achilles are a b*tch, he could've been great.

Ya i agree i used to love him and fletch togeather, i remember in 04 against kc on prime time when both teams were unbeaten in the start of the season, I think or maybe we had one loss, before a sunday night game and they were both just going nuts. Then we got that safty on a blocked punt, then got blown out, but that linebacking core was narsty that year

My favorite player that we recently got rid of was london fletcher. I loved that guy he was an animal every week, i agree with the decision, seeing as how he was getting old, but i miss his intensity on our defense

I always had a soft spot for Larry Tripplet.

:devil:

I went bananas for Spikes when the Bills got him. When I got a chance to meet him, I marked out like a 5 year old boy. I had never been that crazy for a Bill before but I just loved his intensity when he played and how dominant he could be at times. I still remember almost blacking out from glee that first game against NE when he blitzed Brady and caused the fumble score.

I wish he finished as a Bill because I would have worn that 51 forever.

Nate Clements- Pat Williams was a devestating interior presence, and a key component of any good defense is interior linemen. Nate though was a rare kind of corner you could leave on a island, and could match up with the best of them. The guy was a play maker. Yes all corners, are prone to giving up plays, but more often then not, Nate would handle his side of the field. It's pretty relevant we went from a top 10 pass defense in 06 to a bottom 3 pass d this past season. He was a good open field tackler, a solid punt returner, and had a knack for the pick. My favorite Nate Clements moment was the dolphins game in 03 week 3 @ miami (Yes I know we lost) When he ran across the field to pick off of a pass intended for chambers, who had just burnt Winfield off the line, and looked to be in the clear.

I also used to love when we had both fat pats washington and williams, those guys were beasts in the inside. Also macellous wiley was a beast, and he came into his own pretty soon after we lost bruce so i loved him

Oh yeah, the "PACKAGE" was dominant.

:lol:

Just as he had a soft spot for opposing running backs.

I was disappointed when Josh Stamer was let go. A hard working, reliable backup and special teams player.

Exactly. I actually never understood why Marv picked him up, when he was a

rotation guy for Indy before the beefed up the D.

Made NO sense to me.

Recently: Pat Williams, and it's not even close. Losing our Ohio State prodigies at corner hurt, but Winfield was forecasting his free agency from the time we drafted him, and it's hard to blame Clements for signing a record-setting contract in San Francisco, but it's hard to lose good players (and community fixtures) who want to be here. Those are the players you have to keep, the guys you believe in the program and have a stake in the legacy-- the Rueben Browns and Pat Williamses who (if memory serves) offered to sign for smaller sums to stay in Buffalo, and, for all the lambasting he got at the end of his tenure, guys like Eric Moulds, who signed for only a fraction of what he could have on the open market (this, the same year that Randy Moss drove up the market value for WR's with his mega-contract with the Vikes).

That was what we lost during the Donahoe era: the players who knew something special was happening in Buffalo, and just wanted to be on board. Those were the players that made it easy to pull for our Bills each Sunday, regardless of their struggles. The John Holoceks, the Rueben Browns, the Pat Williamses. I miss that lot, and so does the franchise (and its lockerroom)-- that nucleus of players who connect our past with our future, who learned from the great ones and will teach our future stars. Some of this is nostalgic blustering, I know, and went out the door with the not-so-new free agent climate of today's NFL; but when you've got a player who is willing to take less, and can give more than some rising star from another franchise, you've got to keep him, and we didn't.