Calvin Hill

The Dallas Cowboys have Calvin Hill (I think that is who it is) on staff to help mentor problem players. I think Neon Deon also helps. It got me thinking with former players like Thurman and Bruce that have had certainly their share of problems with the law when they were younger why not invite them to be part of the staff to work with the Lynch's, and Hardy's of the team. I am not saying Lynch has been a problem up until this recent case but just that it seems that having a former player on staff to work with the younger players would have to be helpful. It would be great to have them part of the organization again.... That and with this team being so young having these guys around couldnt hurt bringing back a winning culture to the franchise...

It's a good idea, but I don't know if we should have a recovering alcoholic (Thurman), a wife-beater (Kelly), or a poor character/attitude guy (Bruce) mentoring the younger guys. Deion was a loud mouth and show-off, but he was a good player and I can't really remember him getting into a lot of trouble off the field when he was playing. Now maybe if those former players showed the younger ones how to do all that stuff without getting caught or at least without getting in trouble with the league, we might be getting somewhere...

The Dallas Cowboys have Calvin Hill (I think that is who it is) on staff to help mentor problem players. I think Neon Deon also helps. It got me thinking with former players like Thurman and Bruce that have had certainly their share of problems with the law when they were younger why not invite them to be part of the staff to work with the Lynch's, and Hardy's of the team. I am not saying Lynch has been a problem up until this recent case but just that it seems that having a former player on staff to work with the younger players would have to be helpful. It would be great to have them part of the organization again.... That and with this team being so young having these guys around couldnt hurt bringing back a winning culture to the franchise...

Didn't thurman get caught smoking weed in his car right after giving an inspirational speech about how he beat alcoholism?

It's a good idea, but I don't know if we should have a recovering alcoholic (Thurman), a wife-beater (Kelly), or a poor character/attitude guy (Bruce) mentoring the younger guys. Deion was a loud mouth and show-off, but he was a good player and I can't really remember him getting into a lot of trouble off the field when he was playing. Now maybe if those former players showed the younger ones how to do all that stuff without getting caught or at least without getting in trouble with the league, we might be getting somewhere...

Calvin Hill:

http://www.ivy50.com/story.aspx?sid=5/22/2007

Michael Irvin and Nate Newton are also very involved in mentoring cowpuke players.

Who better to mentor than someone who's been there, done that and is also on the road to recovery (TT)?

Nice! :blink:

Ok. Frank Reich maybe? Marcellus Wiley?