Adams Had Heated Exchange With Gray, Krumrie

Mark VI

Tough spot for TD.

I like Edwards a lot, but I'm not ready to make him the starter based on 1 good game.

Still though, I'm definitely in favor of more discipline & getting rid of misfits.

Big question is what would this do to the salary cap???

Watching Edwards makes me wonder why he produced so little in the past. I know, inexperience, but I wonder if he was held back by unjury.

For 2 weeks, he has looked strong, quick and instinctive. There is a wonderful target for a contract extension.

73929[/snapback]

Other than experience, Edwards has bulked up quite a bit over the past two seasons. He's got the DT "gut" now if you will. He has also fine tuned his techniques under Krumrie. He may not ever be the run stuffer that SA is, but atleast he's a team player, can rush the passer.

side - Bike Mike played yet another very good game yesterday, and if you actually look at him you will also notice that the extra weight is gone and I bet he's back to where the team wants him.

Sam may be huge, but he's still very effective.  Is he a guy who gets the stats?  No, but he does do a good job of controlling the interior of the line and he occasionally gets a good enough push to get into the backfield and disrupt plays.

73980[/snapback]

I did not hear about all the SA stuff until after the Game, though I did wonder why Edwards was getting so much PT...And by no means was I watching SA on every play...What I did notice late in the 2nd Quarter, there was a running play to Morris and Sam blew up the O-Lineman blocking him, pushing the guy 4-5 yds. straight into the backfield. Morris actually had to sidestep the penetration, then he went right up the middle for 8 yds....

It's funny because on that one Play I was thinking here is Sam doing exactly what he should be doing, and no other Defender is there to clean up. I mean Adams almost pushed the O-Lineman into Morris 4 yds deep....Anyway, at least on that Play he looked fine to me...

Nonetheless, I think we all need to be careful here...Granted the D played MUCH better in the 2nd Half with Adams out, but Lord knows there was plenty of blame to go around in that 1st Half. It seemed to me The Bills missed a million Tackles in that 1st Half, and Adams job is to plug more than Tackle. Like I said I really was not paying much attention to Sam except on that one Play, but certainly he can't be solely blamed for that piss poor 1st Half performance vs. the Run... B)

I did not hear about all the SA stuff until after the Game, though I did wonder why Edwards was getting so much PT...And by no means was I watching SA on every play...What I did notice late in the 2nd Quarter, there was a running play to Morris and Sam blew up the O-Lineman blocking him, pushing the guy 4-5 yds. straight into the backfield. Morris actually had to sidestep the penetration, then he went right up the middle for 8 yds....

It's funny because on that one Play I was thinking here is Sam doing exactly what he should be doing, and no other Defender is there to clean up. I mean Adams almost pushed the O-Lineman into Morris 4 yds deep....Anyway, at least on that Play he looked fine to me...

Nonetheless, I think we all need to be careful here...Granted the D played MUCH better in the 2nd Half with Adams out, but Lord knows there was plenty of blame to go around in that 1st Half. It seemed to me The Bills missed a million Tackles in that 1st Half, and Adams job is to plug more than Tackle. Like I said I really was not paying much attention to Sam except on that one Play, but certainly he can't be solely blamed for that piss poor 1st Half performance vs. the Run... B)

74371[/snapback]

Actually you were very perceptive there, but the technique was undiscilpined by SA. In fact I believe that the play you mentioned was what initially got the staff so upset. Sam's job on that play should be to occupy blockers, not penetrate and create a new void or hole where he exited from. Sam still wants to be a star still and gather QB sacks and national attention. The Bills have a very sound scheme that only works when the players simply do their own specific assignments and don't worry about trying to be "the man".