Good Article from Clayton

I don't think that's gonna happen here. Especially in today's NFL. Back then you could trust your WR to learn the system because FA didn't exist. If they wanted a job they had to really work at it. Now, you got agents running the show. It's not about character or intelligence anymore but rather how much face time you can get and how much your name is spoken in the media.

Do we have smart WR's on the roster? I think Lee may be the only one.

Esiason was no dummy and neither was Collinsworth.

Reed has football smarts. Freddy Jackson looks to be bright on the field, which is why I can see him taking major reps as the season goes on. Roscoe + Hardy......ehhh....

I'd settle for simply having our WRs catch passes in stride where they can run after the catch. Thats where players such as reed and parrish are most dangerous. I swear, last season 95% of our passes were caught by a WR who was standing still on a comeback or out route.

I don't think that's gonna happen here. Especially in today's NFL. Back then you could trust your WR to learn the system because FA didn't exist. If they wanted a job they had to really work at it. Now, you got agents running the show. It's not about character or intelligence anymore but rather how much face time you can get and how much your name is spoken in the media.

What makes you so sure that any of the WR's, even Parrish when he's not behind the wheel drunk :wallbash: , lack the intelligence to perform in this style of offense? I for one have no idea exactly how football savvy any of them are, and I don't think anyone here really does. Evans and Reed imparticular have always seemed like they know where and how to run their routes while also understanding blocking schemes. Hopefully the rest will pick up on this system quickly as well.

Wyche also had Anthony Munoz, James Brooks, David Fulcher, Tim Krumrie, Bruce Kozerski, Max Montoya etc. - a solid team for several seasons. And the HOF member Paul Brown running the club.

" The offense will be a mix of Air Coryell and Wyche. It's retro. It's creative. For the Bills to move beyond the seven-win level of the past two years, though, this offense has to work."

Welp, I hope our new Hit & Run offense is going to work out, would be nice to see some excitement from the Bills on the offensive side of the ball.

Cool. Now imagine how great this offense could be if we actually got Sam Wyche as the OC?

I like Turk. I am not sure Sam and his voice could handle the OC job. Since his medical problems he has done nothing in the league to that level.

What makes you so sure that any of the WR's, even Parrish when he's not behind the wheel drunk :rolleyes: , lack the intelligence to perform in this style of offense? I for one have no idea exactly how football savvy any of them are, and I don't think anyone here really does. Evans and Reed imparticular have always seemed like they know where and how to run their routes while also understanding blocking schemes. Hopefully the rest will pick up on this system quickly as well.

From last year alone, you get a good feel. Edwards probably went to Reed 20 times or so on timing patterns and I can't think of one bad route offhand. He did the same with Roscoe 5 or so times and 2 ended up with interceptions that were 7 yards away from Roscoe!

I'm not sure that Reed could find the cure for cancer, but I now trust him on the football field. EVer since he put the dropsies behind him, he is more focused. I know he was a little huffy about the lack of personal TDs last year, but I also think that was an offshoot of the Losman/Evans whining and Edwards felt he had to keep Lee happy. If Evans gets his $$ and can focus on getting better, then the offense has a chance to get moving. Last year really made me pause on him, but I don't know how we even think about not resigning him at this point. He may turn into the Chris Kelsay of the offense, but it has to be done.

What makes you so sure that any of the WR's, even Parrish when he's not behind the wheel drunk :censored: , lack the intelligence to perform in this style of offense? I for one have no idea exactly how football savvy any of them are, and I don't think anyone here really does. Evans and Reed imparticular have always seemed like they know where and how to run their routes while also understanding blocking schemes. Hopefully the rest will pick up on this system quickly as well.

Ahhh...drunken players behind the wheel...those days seem so far away, almost quaint, don't you think? :rolleyes: