A Buffalo boy....

...who so loved his father that it inspired him to write a book about it. If nobody knew nothing else about him that would be enough....

...but people did know more about him. They knew that he represented values like integrity, honor, loyalty, humbleness and passion. He wasn't one of us, he is us and exemplies all the goodness that each and everyone of us posess. He was/is a pillar of our community/society. Barbara Walters summed it up best when she stated that "He makes us proud".

Tim, when you wrote "President Kennedy was that rare and perfect combination of Christian, father, statesman, peace-maker, author, politician, and last but not least, a friend of the common man", did it ever occur to you that the same would be thought of you? Probably not but it is. When I was a little boy, ten years younger than you, I remember seeing my mother's emotions of horror and shock when JFK was asassinated. Today I share my mother's feelings.

Whenever I saw or heard you speak about your roots I would get a great sense of pride and the biggest thrill but today you made me cry, ....alot. There has been many bleak days in Buffalo's quest for a championship but I have viewed you as a bright torch that led a bunch of crazy Buffalo Bill fans in our darkest days. I don't know who will or can be that next torch but I do know that their torch could never burn brighter than yours. I gleefully nominate you as the "Greatest Buffalo Bill Fan". I reflected in your tribute about Don Bebee and when he finally got to experience a Super Bowl victory with the Packers on how he immediately thought about all of us back in Buffalo and how he wished that we too could experience what he was feeling. Well, if the Bills were to win a Super Bowl while I'm alive then I'll repay your loyalty by having you be my first thought in our celebration, it's the least that I could do for you, you greatly deserve it. Thank you for being you. It's a debt of gratitude that none of us could ever compensate you fairly for but you were never about that anyways.

I love and admire you for honoring your father and referring to him as "Big Russ" but you my friend, are a gigant. It's so appropiate that tonight the world stopped and admired you for all that you represented. To know that you walked and talked with Presidents and you stood taller is just another testiment to your moral fiber. Even as you exited this earth you still brought pride to all of Western New York one more time for the whole world to witness. You are truly amazing and we are ALL so proud of you. We are going to miss you so much.

I don't know how much, if at all, how big of a Bills' fan GOD might be but I do realize this, for HIM taking you so early, HE must be one heck of a big Tim Russert fan!

GO BILLS!

It's a tough day man. Anyone with the moniker 'Tim Anderson's LunchPail' should know what Russert means. Be cool!.........

Well said Tipst.....I am having as tough of a time with this as I would a close family member. This was personal. Tim Russert is the spirit that brings this board together. He was everyone's jolly uncle, and the type of guy you would run through a wall for. What a pro. What a legend.

Drink'em if ya Got'em!

I always had a notion that I would eventually meet Tim Russert. In reality, the chances were remote, but in many ways I felt the affinity for him as a Buffalonian and Bills fan! I've shifted gears slightly, hoping that one day I can meet Luke before I pass off of this earthy coil. It is a tough weekend knowing of his passing, but if God is listening to me, the perfect tribute to Tim Russert would be a Super Bowl Championship this year for his (and our) beloved Bills! After 9/11's attack(s), the Patriots* won the Championship, and this would be fitting too, in my mind.....

In Tim's death I have learned what I'm supposed to be and unfortunately I'm falling way short but the good thing is that I'm much more conscious of who I'm supposed to be and I have decided to make a much bigger effort in being a better person.

I'd like to start by extending my regrets and/or apologies to anyone that I might have offended or have been rude to on this board. This is a great place to start because we are all very Buffalo oriented and Tim Russert is the epitomy of our community.

In Tim's death I have learned what I'm supposed to be and unfortunately I'm falling way short but the good thing is that I'm much more conscious of who I'm supposed to be and I have decided to make a much bigger effort in being a better person.

I'd like to start by extending my regrets and/or apologies to anyone that I might have offended or have been rude to on this board. This is a great place to start because we are all very Buffalo oriented and Tim Russert is the epitomy of our community.

I hear you. You are a class act Tipster. I always try and be a better person. But Tim's passing really makes me wish to try harder. What a great example and role model Russert was!