Did anyone else cringe?

As for the comment about ratting out the friend, I somewhat disagree, I wouldn't consider them a good friend if they were to do something with my vehicle and drag me into the situation where it could have a negative effect on my career and public image. If it was a situation where they came to question me because of an incident involving my friend and they only came to question me because I knew them, then I would not rat them out if I knew they really were guilty of it, unless it was a serious issue (like they killed or brutally beat someone or a robbery, etc.). But if what they did dragged me into the mess, i would definitly rat them out. I respect my friends and their property, and i expect them to do the same to me.

I certainly would find it acceptable to sit on such information for a few days while having some "Dude, you did WHAT? Come clean. Be a man about it." conversations with him. But ultimately, if he had that little integrity he probably wasn't much of a friend to begin with.

But I don't have any friends anyway, so it's not much of a problem for me.

I think that incident where he spoke to the police about being treated on fairly was last year, and it was because the car was impounded, and when he went to go get it, they said he couldn't because his name wasn't on the ownership, the dealership still had their name on the ownership.

As for the comment about ratting out the friend, I somewhat disagree, I wouldn't consider them a good friend if they were to do something with my vehicle and drag me into the situation where it could have a negative effect on my career and public image. If it was a situation where they came to question me because of an incident involving my friend and they only came to question me because I knew them, then I would not rat them out if I knew they really were guilty of it, unless it was a serious issue (like they killed or brutally beat someone or a robbery, etc.). But if what they did dragged me into the mess, i would definitly rat them out. I respect my friends and their property, and i expect them to do the same to me.

I'm not faulting you for your views. I personally would just shut up as long as possible. If your friend puts you in a situation where you're getting charged with obstruction, then he's not too good a friend. But until that point, you follow their lawyer's gameplan and clam up until forced to talk.

And saying "hit and run should be a felony" is a pretty blanket statement? That include bumping someone's car in a parking lot? How about hitting someone's dog? BOTH are considered hit and run in New York, completely equivalent to the charge the DA's trying to bring against Lynch. Should it be a felony for you to keep driving if you hit my cat? Or maybe you want to qualify the statement a little more, like "It should be a felony to leave the scene of an accident involving personal injury requiring ER attention"?

I believe I specified in the various threads that I felt hit and run should be a felony when a person has been injured A simple fender bender in a parking lot shouldn't qualify. The pet angle is interesting but probably shouldn't be a felony.

I'll tell what really sucks about this; even if this ends well for everyone, and everyone is found undeniably innocent from head to toe, as an online Bills fan, we're going to have to listen to the god-awful whining and bitching and unnecessary holier-than-thou judgemental attitudes of other online Bills fans for as long as Lynch and Hardy are on the team.

Years of Lynch "left a woman for dead" and Hardy "beats up women" is in the forecast, and it's gonna suck like shiit. Just suck.

So let me get this straight, your walking down the street, some car mowes you over and your injured. The car takes off, I don't think your going to say, " ahh, there just in a hurry, it's OK." Your going to be yelling mother !@#$er get back here !

I'm not faulting you for your views. I personally would just shut up as long as possible. If your friend puts you in a situation where you're getting charged with obstruction, then he's not too good a friend. But until that point, you follow their lawyer's gameplan and clam up until forced to talk.

I do not agree with that, if for example (just using this situation with Lynch as an example) I let my friend borrow a car of mine, he does something illegal with it and it gets impounded, and then My name gets dragged into it because he will not come forward and confess to the police, I will not stay quiet. And I do not see that as being a bad friend. If my "friend" does something like thast and drags me into that situation, are the ones that are not being a good friend.

I would not put my friend in a situation like that, so I would not want my friends to do the same. I don't care what a lawyer tells me. I would not let my good name get dragged through the mud like that defending a friend who dragged me into the situation. But I guess this might make me a "Holier then Thou" poster here

I believe I specified in the various threads that I felt hit and run should be a felony when a person has been injured A simple fender bender in a parking lot shouldn't qualify. The pet angle is interesting but probably shouldn't be a felony.

Like I've had time to read every single post on this topic... <_<

But again...if a person is injured at all? What if I'm bruised by someone's mirror who's doing 5mph in a parking lot? Hell, what if a car speeding by tosses up gravel that hits me in the eye? Technically that's "hit and run with injury" (not literally hit and run, but legally "leaving the scene of an accident"). What if there is no injury, but because it's reported to the police the EMT's have to respond (as would be the case here in MD, I think)? The simple fact of medical response could easily be used in a court of law to argue the presence of injury even if there was none. I'm not saying I disagree with you...just pointing out that the considerations can get rapidly complex.

But I do disagree with you, because this strikes me as a case where the laws already exist. A hit and run against a person with an injury at the scene can be considered assault, which itself can be a felony (my recollection's hazy, but I think simple assault in NY is an E misdemeanor, and aggravated assault a felony). Why invent a new law to make something a felony when existing laws can handle it? It strikes me that in this particular case, it's more appropriate to ask "Why are there no additional charges beyond hit-and-run?" than it is "Why isn't hit-and-run a felony?"

I certainly would find it acceptable to sit on such information for a few days while having some "Dude, you did WHAT? Come clean. Be a man about it." conversations with him. But ultimately, if he had that little integrity he probably wasn't much of a friend to begin with.

But I don't have any friends anyway, so it's not much of a problem for me.

Not so. <_<

You have a cadre of antagonists, me included, that cross swords with you on a routine basis. We aren't doing this because we think you a POS, we do it because we are interested in and respond to your opinions. That's friendship.

Not so. <_<

You have a cadre of antagonists, me included, that cross swords with you on a routine basis. We aren't doing this because we think you a POS, we do it because we are interested in and respond to your opinions. That's friendship.

People don't think I'm a POS?

I need to try harder.

With the Lynch situation? Now granted no one said he had anything to do with it but, more negative press any he hasnt even signed a contract yet.

I have a huge worry about him testifying, he probably wasn't driving but I hope he dosn't perjur himself.

Like I've had time to read every single post on this topic... :thumbsup:

But again...if a person is injured at all? What if I'm bruised by someone's mirror who's doing 5mph in a parking lot?

That should qualify, if you hit someone, stop and check on them. It's the right thing to do.

Hell, what if a car speeding by tosses up gravel that hits me in the eye?

Actually that scenerio is a road hazard and no fault by anyone involved.

Technically that's "hit and run with injury" (not literally hit and run, but legally "leaving the scene of an accident"). What if there is no injury, but because it's reported to the police the EMT's have to respond (as would be the case here in MD, I think)? The simple fact of medical response could easily be used in a court of law to argue the presence of injury even if there was none. I'm not saying I disagree with you...just pointing out that the considerations can get rapidly complex.