Stadium Parking Question

dhg

Group we go with has always parked in lot 2, towards the corner by Community Drive for probably 20 plus years. We are starting to get squeezed in by the RV's at one end of the lot and last year the buses started parking by us in lot 3. It is making it much more difficult to get out of that lot after games. Add to that the fact that they make you go left on Southwestern towards McKinley. Not really the way we want to go. Now, we rarely leave games early and we don't mind staying for a while after games and hanging out, but I am looking for suggestions on where would be a good place to park so I don't have to wait three hours after the game just to get out of the lot. A good location for tailgating is a must as well. I have heard people mention Hammer's Lot on the site before. Would that be the spot to go?

http://www.buffalobills.com/facility/ParkingLots.jsp

I'm not sure where you park. I parked in Lot 3 once, and it was a royal pain in the ass to get out as you describe, because all the traffic from the entire lot has to go out that back way onto Southwestern.

I park in Lot 2, with the G6 on that map being closest to where I try to park.

The only way to get into that lot is Drive 2. In previous years, it was relatively easy to get into that lot, as it was typically the last one to fill up. Last season, it filled up much faster, as they cut down the number of spaces by how they rearranged where the RVs and buses park.

In that lot, all the traffic generally gets directed back out Drive 2 onto Abbott, and must turn right. However, there is a trick I learned from someone the first time I parked there. You can cut through to parking lot 6, and go out Drive 7, onto Big Tree Road. (You can't come in the same way, because you wind up on the wrong side of the ticket takers for Drive 2, and would have to pay twice.) Just be careful not to "pull a Marshawn" while cutting through to parking lot 6. There are many people walking who aren't expecting cars to be driving there.

I live in North Buffalo, and it's not unusual for me to leave when the clock strikes 0:00 and still get home around 5:00.

The tailgating in that lot is OK, but not the greatest, as there are numerous empty cars from the suite folks who park there. However, it's a relatively short walk to Hammer's lot from there.

Group we go with has always parked in lot 2, towards the corner by Community Drive for probably 20 plus years. We are starting to get squeezed in by the RV's at one end of the lot and last year the buses started parking by us in lot 3. It is making it much more difficult to get out of that lot after games. Add to that the fact that they make you go left on Southwestern towards McKinley. Not really the way we want to go. Now, we rarely leave games early and we don't mind staying for a while after games and hanging out, but I am looking for suggestions on where would be a good place to park so I don't have to wait three hours after the game just to get out of the lot. A good location for tailgating is a must as well. I have heard people mention Hammer's Lot on the site before. Would that be the spot to go?

where are you going back to after the game?

In that lot, all the traffic generally gets directed back out Drive 2 onto Abbott, and must turn right. However, there is a trick I learned from someone the first time I parked there. You can cut through to parking lot 6, and go out Drive 7, onto Big Tree Road. (You can't come in the same way, because you wind up on the wrong side of the ticket takers for Drive 2, and would have to pay twice.) Just be careful not to "pull a Marshawn" while cutting through to parking lot 6. There are many people walking who aren't expecting cars to be driving there.

We started taking that shortcut last year and it saved a lot of time and hassle.

I'm not sure where you park. I parked in Lot 3 once, and it was a royal pain in the ass to get out as you describe, because all the traffic from the entire lot has to go out that back way onto Southwestern.

I park in Lot 2, with the G6 on that map being closest to where I try to park.

The only way to get into that lot is Drive 2. In previous years, it was relatively easy to get into that lot, as it was typically the last one to fill up. Last season, it filled up much faster, as they cut down the number of spaces by how they rearranged where the RVs and buses park.

I live in North Buffalo, and it's not unusual for me to leave when the clock strikes 0:00 and still get home around 5:00.

The tailgating in that lot is OK, but not the greatest, as there are numerous empty cars from the suite folks who park there. However, it's a relatively short walk to Hammer's lot from there.

Hey thanks! I never knew you could cut through Lot 6. We are in Lot 2 by G7, right in the corner. Might be worth trying that at least once before deciding to switch lots or not. Like I said, the group we go with has parked there forever and is very reluctant to move.

I heard the Hammer is a nice guy and he takes care of those who park in his lot.