Texans release Quinn Gray, QB,

Here is a guy I'd like to bring in. He looked good filling in for Garrard last year in Jacksonville.

Gray Released

I didn't see much of him, but I kind of liked what I saw. Might make sense to bring him in this year for the #3 spot, then have him take over the #2 spot next year when Losman goes.

Here is a guy I'd like to bring in. He looked good filling in for Garrard last year in Jacksonville.

Gray Released

I agree. I'm not one to say "bring him in" every time a player becomes available, but I was hoping we could have brought Gray in before he signed with the Texans for the veteran minimum. It concerns me a little that he has been cut after only a few months, but the bottom line is he was solid when thrust into competion. I know JP will likely remain as the number two, but if this guy is looking for work, I don't see how you can say Hamden (sorry all!) is better than Gray as your third QB.

but in those couple of weeks throwing a ball around, he's made what an average (to slightly above average) person makes in 1 year

C'mon guys we are talking of a guy that was 3rd to Leftwich (cut by Jaguars and benched by Hotlanta) and 2nd to David Garrard, went to the Texans just to be cut

one year later!!!!!

we have enough 3rd stringers (and whom were starters/bench/starters..so on..) in our roster!

man, we are really starving for some real games

to breakdown in our threads! :D

C'mon guys we are talking of a guy that was 3rd to Leftwich (cut by Jaguars and benched by Hotlanta) and 2nd to David Garrard, went to the Texans just to be cut

one year later!!!!!

we have enough 3rd stringers (and whom were starters/bench/starters..so on..) in our roster!

man, we are really starving for some real games

to breakdown in our threads! :thumbsup:

One of the reasons they let go of Leftwich was because they had Gray and Garrard. Garrard was #2 behind Leftwich before last season, does that mean he sucks too and shouldn't be starting?

I don't know why the Texans let him go, apparantly it looks like its because they like Sage better or couldn't trade him away. No one is saying to bring Gray in and have him take over the #1 job, but as a #2 (if they could deal Losman) or a #3 right now until next season when Losman walks, is not a bad option since he did look good filling in last year.

And my original comment had nothing to do with wanting him in Buffalo