Pro Football Weekly Notes

d_wag

It was no surprise that the Bills recently offered WR Lee Evans a contract extension. It was also no surprise that he declined what is assumed to be a lowball offer. As a source close to the club told us, “It’s just the first step in a process that both Lee and the team really want to get done.” Evans’ contract expires at the end of next season, and the Bills are placing a premium on inking him to a long-term extension before training camp commences. Truly happy in small-market Buffalo, Evans will be willing to oblige, eventually. Because of his value as the team’s only legitimate threat at wide receiver — at least until rookie James Hardy proves himself — and as one of the most respected leaders in the locker room, Evans holds the upper hand in the negotiations and can afford to wait for the Bills to come through with an offer that will place him among the league’s highest-paid receivers. It’s simply a question of “when,” not “if.”

-----------------------------------------------

Bills Pro Bowl OLT Jason Peters has been absent from the team’s voluntary offseason program as he seeks a renegotiated contract. But unlike the situation with teammate Lee Evans, who will likely receive a raise before the start of training camp, the chance of Peters being granted his wish is not nearly as strong — at least not this offseason. With three years remaining on a deal he signed in 2006, the Bills are willing to wait at least another year before extending their star offensive lineman. Peters is due to earn a sum that’s below market value but still respectable at $4 million per year, if he reaches all incentives, so there’s little chance that Peters will hold out if the Bills balk at his request.

-----------------------------------------------

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/default.htm

There is a HUGE difference between good and HOF calibre players. Does anyone wear 34, 78.........no. There must be something wrong that I don't know about.

Noone has worn 32 or 67 either, to my knowledge.

There is a HUGE difference between good and HOF calibre players. Does anyone wear 34, 78.........no. There must be something wrong that I don't know about.

I must have missed Andre's induction ceremony. :lol:

Why is this Evans guy allowed to wear Reed's #83

According to the NFL rules (Rule 5, Section 1, Article 4), wide receivers are only allowed to wear the following numbers: 10-19 or 80-89. Tight ends are only allowed to wear 80-89, so that limits the number of "80s" that can be used. When Evans arrived, the only numbers available to him were 12, 13, 17, 83. If 12 and 83 are "off-limits," that leaves unlucky 13 and number 17. I would have picked 83 if I were him, given the choices.

10 Greg Zolman

11 Drew Bledsoe

12 {Open}

13 {Open}

14 Kevin Beard

15 Jerel Myers

16 Cedric Bonner

17 {Open}

18 Drew Haddad

19 Jonathan Smith

80 Eric Moulds

81 Bobby Shaw

82 Josh Reed

83 {Open}

84 Mark Campbell

85 Clarence Coleman

86 Antonio Brown

87 Tim Euhus

88 Ryan Neufeld

89 Sam Aiken

It took you five years to realize that this was the case? Who the hell cares? Gotta love the offseason. :lol:

No, It's my frustration dating back to when Moulds was our #1. Noodle arm and JP were battling it out to be the starter. Noodle spread the ball around; majority to Moulds, no problems at all. JP backwards pointed left shoulder trots on the field doesn't even LOOK......LOOK Moulds' way.

# 7 had then and still to this day, has this odd twin obsession thing with Evans. I miss Emo. He was our all Pro, excellent run blocker, 3rd down guy to go to, with 3 pro bowls under his belt.

I don't like Evans; does that help???

According to the NFL rules (Rule 5, Section 1, Article 4), wide receivers are only allowed to wear the following numbers: 10-19 or 80-89. Tight ends are only allowed to wear 80-89, so that limits the number of "80s" that can be used. When Evans arrived, the only numbers available to him were 12, 13, 17, 83. If 12 and 83 are "off-limits," that leaves unlucky 13 and number 17. I would have picked 83 if I were him, given the choices.

10 Greg Zolman

11 Drew Bledsoe

12 {Open}

13 {Open}

14 Kevin Beard

15 Jerel Myers

16 Cedric Bonner

17 {Open}

18 Drew Haddad

19 Jonathan Smith

80 Eric Moulds

81 Bobby Shaw

82 Josh Reed

83 {Open}

84 Mark Campbell

85 Clarence Coleman

86 Antonio Brown

87 Tim Euhus

88 Ryan Neufeld

89 Sam Aiken

Good analysis. It makes sense now to me why he took 83. I'd have done the same.

No, It's my frustration dating back to when Moulds was our #1. Noodle arm and JP were battling it out to be the starter. Noodle spread the ball around; majority to Moulds, no problems at all. JP backwards pointed left shoulder trots on the field doesn't even LOOK......LOOK Moulds' way.

# 7 had then and still to this day, has this odd twin obsession thing with Evans. I miss Emo. He was our all Pro, excellent run blocker, 3rd down guy to go to, with 3 pro bowls under his belt.

I don't like Evans; does that help???

So... you don't like Evans because JP Losman locked in on him? That's, well, interesting.

What on earth does this have to do with Evans wearing the same number as Andre Reed?

10 Greg Zolman

11 Drew Bledsoe

12 {Open}

13 {Open}

14 Kevin Beard

15 Jerel Myers

16 Cedric Bonner

17 {Open}

18 Drew Haddad

19 Jonathan Smith

80 Eric Moulds

81 Bobby Shaw