Madden disrespects the bills again

Wow. Why bother playing it in the first place then? That's like declaring that all my pawns on the chessboards are Queens. Victory is assured... :rolleyes:

Because only a 5 year old is going to make all of the Bills a 99. I'll usually tweak some ratings a bit, mostly on the Bills (mind you it takes a good amount of time to edit them), and also make some rookies lower, bump some players up, etc.

The real problem with madden is that people (and players) get mad with "low" ratings, so everyone gets a high rating to keep them happy. I think the "average" rating for all NFLers is an 80 or 81, which is absurd. If madden wants to rate players, they should be an average around 75 with a standard deviation of 10. This way, only the good players are highly rated, and only the real good players are above a 95. But that would hurt too many feelings, which is why you end up ike last year's madden where there were something liek 6-7 WRs rated a 99.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Because only a 5 year old is going to make all of the Bills a 99. I'll usually tweak some ratings a bit, mostly on the Bills (mind you it takes a good amount of time to edit them), and also make some rookies lower, bump some players up, etc.

The real problem with madden is that people (and players) get mad with "low" ratings, so everyone gets a high rating to keep them happy. I think the "average" rating for all NFLers is an 80 or 81, which is absurd. If madden wants to rate players, they should be an average around 75 with a standard deviation of 10. This way, only the good players are highly rated, and only the real good players are above a 95. But that would hurt too many feelings, which is why you end up ike last year's madden where there were something liek 6-7 WRs rated a 99.

Ah, I see. Product sales>reality.

Wow. Why bother playing it in the first place then? That's like declaring that all my pawns on the chessboards are Queens. Victory is assured... :rolleyes:

I change them to reflect reality. Sometimes that even involves making a player on the Bills worse (Troy Vincent was rated in like the high 90s a year or two ago). Usually its to adjust younger players that are solid starters who are underrated and not high profile on the national scene yet (and rated in the low or mid-70s while bum street free agents that were good 8 years ago are rated in the mid-80s).

I change them to reflect reality. Sometimes that even involves making a player on the Bills worse (Troy Vincent was rated in like the high 90s a year or two ago). Usually its to adjust younger players that are solid starters who are underrated and not high profile on the national scene yet (and rated in the low or mid-70s while bum street free agents that were good 8 years ago are rated in the mid-80s).

Yup, i do the same. Especially the QBs. No reason that Pennington should be an 88, and his throw power should be somewhere around 6, not 85. And i tend to drop the rookie ratings, especially the ones in the high 80s.

Why does anyone care what someone like Madden thinks about Edwards or the Bills? I don't.

Madden himself doesn't do the rankings, so we're not even caring about what someone like madden thinks about edwards or the bills, we're caring about what a bunch of video game designers think about edwards or the bills. And I do care, but I'm not positive why, and I like playing madden for Wii

Madden himself doesn't do the rankings, so we're not even caring about what someone like madden thinks about edwards or the bills, we're caring about what a bunch of video game designers think about edwards or the bills. And I do care, but I'm not positive why, and I like playing madden for Wii

lol