Another pastor disaster for Obama

A video making the rounds on YouTube shows Obama spiritual advisor the Rev. Michael Pfleger in Obama's Trinity United Church last weeked mocking Hillary Clinton for becoming teary-eyed before the New Hampshire primary in January.

In the video, Pfleger, a strong supporter of Louis Farrakhan, wipes his eyes with a handkerchief and suggests Clinton wept because she thought that as a white person and the wife of a former president, she was entitled to the presidency.

"When Hillary was crying [gesturing tears, uproarious laughter from audience]--and people said that was put-on--I really don't believe it was put-on. I really believe that she just always thought "This is mine" [laughter, hoots]. "I'm Bill's wife. I'm white. And this is mine. And I jus' gotta get up. And step into the plate." And then out of nowhere came, "Hey, I'm Barack Obama." And she said: "Oh, damn! Where did you come from!?!?!" [Crowd going nuts, Pfleger screaming]. "I'm white! I'm entitled! There's a black man stealing my show." [sobs.] She wasn't the only one crying! There was a whole lotta white people cryin'!"

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1212078535...ign2008_mostpop

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A video making the rounds on YouTube shows Obama spiritual advisor the Rev. Michael Pfleger in Obama's Trinity United Church last weeked mocking Hillary Clinton for becoming teary-eyed before the New Hampshire primary in January.

In the video, Pfleger, a strong supporter of Louis Farrakhan, wipes his eyes with a handkerchief and suggests Clinton wept because she thought that as a white person and the wife of a former president, she was entitled to the presidency.

"When Hillary was crying [gesturing tears, uproarious laughter from audience]--and people said that was put-on--I really don't believe it was put-on. I really believe that she just always thought "This is mine" [laughter, hoots]. "I'm Bill's wife. I'm white. And this is mine. And I jus' gotta get up. And step into the plate." And then out of nowhere came, "Hey, I'm Barack Obama." And she said: "Oh, damn! Where did you come from!?!?!" [Crowd going nuts, Pfleger screaming]. "I'm white! I'm entitled! There's a black man stealing my show." [sobs.] She wasn't the only one crying! There was a whole lotta white people cryin'!"

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1212078535...ign2008_mostpop

Obama has really excellent taste in religious leaders. :thumbsup:

Supposedly his website removed all references to Pfleger this week.....after this video surfaced, of course.

Obama has really excellent taste in religious leaders. :thumbsup:

Supposedly his website removed all references to Pfleger this week.....after this video surfaced, of course.

You expected him to be in church this past weekend, during campaign season?

When the vast majority of the criticism of a person are things that other people are saying, that aren't that person, or about that person, and are, in fact, the polar opposite of what that person actually says (Wright, Michelle Obama, Weathermen, Rezko, Flegler) prepare to be trounced.

When the vast majority of the criticism of a person are things that other people are saying, that aren't that person, or about that person, and are, in fact, the polar opposite of what that person actually says (Wright, Michelle Obama, Weathermen, Rezko, Flegler) prepare to be trounced.

He's not responsible for what people say in his church, but he and his wife are responsible for continuing to support a church that now has a pattern of preachers giving racist sermons.

So? That puts him in the company of about 100 million other people who weren't dumb enough to fall for her crocodile tears.

In the video, Pfleger, a strong supporter of Louis Farrakhan....

Nice progressive, racial overtone there PJ. :thumbsup:

....wipes his eyes with a handkerchief and suggests Clinton wept because she thought that as a white person and the wife of a former president, she was entitled to the presidency.

Uh....which is 110% accurate and blatantly obvious to anyone who has watched this woman's public life.

Again, dead on. It sounds like hoot....can't wait to see it! :lol:

btw...is Obama responsible for the utterings of every black pastor in the country?

He's not responsible for what people say in his church, but he and his wife are responsible for continuing to support a church that now has a pattern of preachers giving racist sermons.

A pattern of two, neither of which work there?

The Obamas have more chance of seeing either Wright or Pfleger if they moved to a DIFFERENT church than Trinity United. But, with apologies to AD, thanks for playing.

A pattern of two, neither of which work there?

The Obamas have more chance of seeing either Wright or Pfleger if they moved to a DIFFERENT church than Trinity United. But, with apologies to AD, thanks for playing.

You can be dismissive, but this "white bashing" that comes from his church is going to haunt him in the general election, especially with the white voters he couldn't win in the primaries. If he loses the white working class vote in November, he only has himself and his wife to blame, partially due to the company they keep.

You can be dismissive, but this "white bashing" that comes from his church is going to haunt him in the general election, especially with the white voters he couldn't win in the primaries. If he loses the white working class vote in November, he only has himself and his wife to blame, partially due to the company they keep.

You mean the 'hard working white voters' that Hillary has been quietly hammering with her racist campaign in the hopes that she can hand McCain a win in November and earn another shot at it in '12?

I have news for you, any white person that doesn't vote for Barack because of an angry white preacher who guest lectured in his church when he wasn't there, can gladly vote for John McCain. It ain't going to lose Obama the election that he ain't gonna lose.

The point was, and remains, that if this is the kind of stuff that his opponents are making their strongest stands on, this race is over. There are legitimate reasons to question his candidacy. But the arguments (inexperience, diplomacy, limited foreign policy, far-left leaning votes) don't seem to have much traction. If this is all you got, you lost.

I know we're supposed to fawn all over Obama 100% of the time, but looking into what he did and who he associated with early in his career in Chicago seems fairly relevant if we're considering making him the most powerful man in the world.

Besides, it's not like Obama's been doing a great job in front of the microphone lately. He implied his loss in Kentucky was because Hillary is from Arkansas and therefore was more familiar to Kentucky voters because she's closer (Illinois shares a border with Kentucky. Oops.) Then his story about his grandfather liberating Auschwitz turned out to be wrong. Then he had his Memorial Day gaffe where he talked those who'd died for their country....and how he could see them in the crowd that day.

The latest batch of Obamisms are giving W. a run for his money in the stupid quote department. Not that it matters. I doubt there are many reporters interested in actually scrutinizing Obama.

I know we're supposed to fawn all over Obama 100% of the time, but looking into what he did and who he associated with early in his career in Chicago seems fairly relevant if we're considering making him the most powerful man in the world.

Besides, it's not like Obama's been doing a great job in front of the microphone lately. He implied his loss in Kentucky was because Hillary is from Arkansas and therefore was more familiar to Kentucky voters because she's closer (Illinois shares a border with Kentucky. Oops.) Then his story about his grandfather liberating Auschwitz turned out to be wrong. Then he had his Memorial Day gaffe where he talked those who'd died for their country....and how he could see them in the crowd that day.

The latest batch of Obamisms are giving W. a run for his money in the stupid quote department. Not that it matters. I doubt there are many reporters interested in actually scrutinizing Obama.

Thanks for proving my point. You nailed it.

Then he had his Memorial Day gaffe where he talked those who'd died for their country....and how he could see them in the crowd that day.

Who knows, maybe he sees dead people?