Made a reservation on Smartcar today

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Smartcars are great for city driving but I would never go on a highway in one. I first saw them in Europe years ago scooting around Barcelona and Geneva - makes perfect sense there, if you have to drive. And you can always find a parking place in a Smart. I saw one on the highway here in Seattle last week. It was doing fine at 60 mph, keeping up, but I'd still be nervous at high speeds, in any small car actually. I have a sportscar and it's fun to open it up on the highway but I'm always a little worried about getting flattened by a couple of semis.

Smartcars are great for city driving but I would never go on a highway in one. I first saw them in Europe years ago scooting around Barcelona and Geneva - makes perfect sense there, if you have to drive. And you can always find a parking place in a Smart. I saw one on the highway here in Seattle last week. It was doing fine at 60 mph, keeping up, but I'd still be nervous at high speeds, in any small car actually. I have a sportscar and it's fun to open it up on the highway but I'm always a little worried about getting flattened by a couple of semis.

I'd be worried about being passed by loaded 18 wheelers. That thing has tires that look like they'd fit my Polaris Sportsman.

Yeah, I'm sure people are gonna line up to pay $10K for a golf cart that goes 25MPH. WTG, Chrysler. Wonder why the company is in the shape it's in?

There's a market, just not for everyday personal driving. I can see it being used at airports or large factories, replacing golf cart type vehicles. First think I thought of when I saw the thing was that I could see the air force shelling out the money for a fleet of those things.