John McCains Pastor John Hagee!!

The moment anyone convinces me that Wright or Hagee speak for Obama or McCain is the moment I'll take either of them seriously.

Apparently Steely Dan does. He's exercising his constitutional right to habeas crapus.

Exactly, the point of this thread is to see how many people who derided Obama for Wright would defend Hagee and McCain. It's much ado about nothing. I would at least like both candidates say that those guys are nuts.

Exactly, the point of this thread is to see how many people who derided Obama for Wright would defend Hagee and McCain. It's much ado about nothing. I would at least like both candidates say that those guys are nuts.

Well it's a retarded point then, because McCain - for whom I have no great love, was not attending this nimrod's church for 20 years. This dim-witted biped endorsed McCain. McCain wasn't advised by this cretin, married by him nor did he baptize McCain's children.

There is an enormous distinction between the "associations" the two pair of men have.

If you can't discern the difference, your ignorance is appalling.

Let me put it to you in terms you might be able to begin to comprehend.

If Osama endorsed Obama, would that make Barack a Backstreet Boy?

Hagee is not McCain's pastor. For goodness sake, they're not even in the same state.

Hagee's church is Cornerstone Church in San Antonio. McCain lives in Phoenix.

McCain was seeking the endorsement of a prominent evangelical minister. That's all he was doing. However, I question McCain's motives, because even though I'm a devout Christian, I don't really trust John Hagee (or any other prominent televangelist, especially Benny Hinn) all that much. Hagee looks and sounds too much like my dad. :D

Sorry, that may come off as an insult to my dad.

Hagee also was divorced and married another woman in his former church sometime in the mid-70s. I'm surprised that hasn't been a bigger controversy in Christian circles. There were rumors of an affair.

But, Hagee's church has 16,000 members. That's a lot of votes, even in Republican country.

Well it's a retarded point then, because McCain - for whom I have no great love, was not attending this nimrod's church for 20 years. This dim-witted biped endorsed McCain. McCain wasn't advised by this cretin, married by him nor did he baptize McCain's children.

There is an enormous distinction between the "associations" the two pair of men have.

If you can't discern the difference, your ignorance is appalling.

Let me put it to you in terms you might be able to begin to comprehend.

If Osama endorsed Obama, would that make Barack a Backstreet Boy?

I just wanted to see the excuses people would come up with. Thanks. You're right but I wanted to read peoples reactions to see if anyone would defend that thought.

IMO, McCain earned a bit of respect for how he handled it. The question is, protest vote, McCain (the likely winner of MS, but becoming my preferred candidate), or Obama. Decisions, decisions.

When McCain first solicited and received Hagee's endorsement, there was information available immediately about Hagee calling the Catholic Religion the Great Whore and being complicit in the Holocaust.

McCain didn't buck up then. He simply said that he didn't agree with some of Hagee's words but that he still accepted his endorsement. They also rolled out McCain surrogate Kay Bailey Hutchinson who also called Hagee's anti-Catholic remarks no big deal.

Fast forward a couple of months later and new video comes out with Hagee said that Hitler was sent from God to end up moving the Jews back to the Holy Lands.

Now, McCain finally denounces the nut. I guess it's ok to piss off the Catholics, but he draws the line at pissing off the Jews.

I'm not sure how that "earns McCain respect".

Problem is he still has to explain Parsley....his self proclaimed spiritual "Guide".

I am 100% behind an explanation of Parsley. Especially what purpose it serves and who thinks it is necessary on plates at low end restaurants.

Does it somehow really tie the plate together? Is this another example of Republicans contempt for the middle class?

Who is behind this infernal Parsley conspiracy, and how did they convince millions that a completely useless piece of plant being deposited on dinner plates is necessary? Follow the money, who stands to gain from Parsley, and which Parsley lobbyists are plying their trade on our nations leaders, convincing them to protect and preserve this dirty industry which serves no worldly purpose other than to line to pockets of greedy Corporate America Parsley farmers and stagger our imagination as to why something that looks like a weed is supposedly aesthetically pleasing, especially next to our food?

Why does McCain refer to Parsely as a spiritual "Guide"? Is this further evidence of Parsley operatives attempting to subjugate us using their "what could be more spiritual than a useless plant" ideals in an effort to create a Parsley theocracy? Who is behind the suggestion that Parsley is somehow a spiritually useful device? This is just one more example of how Republicans use religion to try and control us. They have infiltrated these restaurants and have placed parsley on our plates to force their religious beliefs on us. It's so obvious, this is why we should vote for Obama!!!