Indiana Jones and The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you serious or is my sarcasm detector not working ?

The latter :lol: Those scenes were friggin absurd, even for an Indian Jones film lol. I laughed at some of the scenes "Ox" was in, and when he said it dropped three times, but the actual drops themselves were pretty nuts.

The latter :lol: Those scenes were friggin absurd, even for an Indian Jones film lol. I laughed at some of the scenes "Ox" was in, and when he said it dropped three times, but the actual drops themselves were pretty nuts.

Thank you. Pretty much every action movie defies physics in some way but this movie has more than its fair share of ridiculous scenes. To the point that I was groaning at the start of every action sequence as I knew there will be some new level of absurdity. I don't know if Spielberg seriously underestimated the audience's intelligence or he is smarter than we think and marking this movie as a break into a new saga/style of Mutt-led Indy series. The latter would cater to a new audience and this movie is expected to make money (which it is doing) due to the strength of nostalgia.

NT 2: what an utter disappointment.

Believe it or not, I've heard rumors for 3rd and 4th movies.

Agreed. NT followed the Pirates of Caribbean formula of milking a perfectly good franchise and getting away with it (read: dishing out crap but still making a lot of money) . Now Lucas/Spielberg seem to have taken a similar path.

Lucas did that about 10 years ago if you ask me...

I thought several times (jungle chase scene for one) that this movie was similar to Pirates of the Carribean with some of it's ridiculous action sequences. For the record, any movie trying to get passed off as a second gen Indy film with the Mutt in it, won't get a dime of my money, at the theater or on DVD...

I'm with the general concensus:

Pros: Great opening shot (the shadow of Indy's hat), the non-CGI warehouse stunts, and even the motorcycle chase. In otherwords, the 'real' stuff that made the originals so endearing.

Cons: Way, way too much CGI, not enough Indy/Marion banter, flat and uninvolving secondary characters and a complete bore of a villianess. I blame it on Lucas, who's been more about marketing tie-ins than movie making since the second SW pic.

I suspect the box office falloff after the inital weekend will be pretty steep.

I suspect the box office falloff after the inital weekend will be pretty steep.

That's the part I am not sure about. I has a similar feeling after POTC 3 and it continued to make money in subsequent days & weekends.

Indy has no real competition in the next 2 weekends. Sex and the City and Indy are skewed by gender and SATC doesn't appear to be a traditional chick flick to which makes women want to drag their SOs (thankfully).

WOW - You guys are brutal.

It was a movie for heck's sake.

I thought it was entertaining and enjoyable. The alien stuff didn't bother me so much since it really is a part of the Mayan folklore. You have to remember this is all a fictional story.

Has anyone found the holy grail or the ark yet? Maybe aliens put those items on earth.

Some of it was very nostalgic but I thought it added to the whole premise of the Indy franchise.

As for theatrical and production crap - I am no expert. As for entertainment value I thought this was at least as good as all the other Indy movies.