Hardy Clears Air...

What about the word of a woman you don't know, who is 73 years old? Certainly there's reasonable doubt there.

And I never said there wasn't reasonable doubt, she as just as much credibility saying she saw a gun, as the person being accused coming back and saying that he didn't have a gun. Some people here though want everyone to disregard what some old woman (who's probably blind and off her meds) eye witness says she saw, but will believe 100% what the person being accused is saying

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And I never said there wasn't reasonable doubt, she as just as much credibility saying she saw a gun, as the person being accused coming back and saying that he didn't have a gun. Some people here though want everyone to disregard what some old woman (who's probably blind and off her meds) eye witness says she saw, but will believe 100% what the person being accused is saying

I have as much or more respect for old people than anyone, but expecting a 73 year old to see properly AND remember properly, is not exactly realistic. She may have seen it correctly and remebered it wrong or vice versa or got both wrong but no way did she get both right.

If Hardy says he allegedly tried to kill his father without using a gun, there was probably no gun. In my opinion, dead is dead and is doesn't matter if a gun was used.

No, I read that and I understood that. So the Guy that they said had a gun came out and said that there was no gun. Wow, what a shocker, a person accused of having a gun said there was no gun. Its an open and shut case now. My question was just about how that interview "Clears the Air"? I guess if you take his word 100% then you can say that, but I don't trust anyones word 100% that I don't know rather well, especially the word of someone who just 3 weeks ago was a college kid that many were questioning his character.

Like I have said before, I'm not condemning the kid, saying he should be going to jail, be suspended, or that he is a no good thug, like you want to believe I am. My only comment was that if he was in an argument with his father and pulled a gun out, then he should be looking at anger management/counsiling. If this guy is as good of a receiver as some say, and can play like that in the NFL, I'm glad the Bills took him and can't wait to seehim on the field. I guess that I just like the idea of him being a Bill on the field, instead of suspended in the future because he has issues (which I am not saying he does, but if he did pull a gun on his father during in arguement, thats a good sign that he has issues)

And take all the shots you want about Canada and being slow, but I will take a Canadian education over an American one anyday. And I enjoy the fact that I can go for a walk outside at night (or any time) without a gun strapped to me somewhere, and can go to bed without a gun next to me or even having to lock my doors for fear of having someone break in and rob/kill me.

Spoken like a true Canadien, 'ski - ignorantly, that is.

So if you, as a youngster, perhaps 'borrowed' a pair of socks from your brother without telling him, I could accuse you of being a thief and say you need rehabilitation. If you say you never did such a thing, I guess I could then proclaim with all self-righteous indignation that you now deny being a thief, but why should I believe your denial, since you may possibly be a thief?

Regarding the Hardy so-called 'incident', apparently there was none. Clearly, the 73 y.o. senile neighbor lady got it wrong, has no clue what happened - nor do you.

As for your education argument, it is an incontrovertible statement of fact that far more Canadiens flock to American universities than the other way around.

And regarding those 'models of civility' up there in Mooseville, I wouldn't be bragging about how safe it is up there either...

Montreal fans riot after victory

More Canadien civility, I guess

Imagine the decorum they might have displayed had they gotten past the first round!

(BTW, I'm not saying you are a thief - all I'm saying is that if you did steal a pair of socks, then you should look at counseling. :lol: )

So if you, as a youngster, perhaps 'borrowed' a pair of socks from your brother without telling him, I could accuse you of being a thief and say you need rehabilitation. If you say you never did such a thing, I guess I could then proclaim with all self-righteous indignation that you now deny being a thief, but why should I believe your denial, since you may possibly be a thief?

Regarding the Hardy so-called 'incident', apparently there was none. Clearly, the 73 y.o. senile neighbor lady got it wrong, has no clue what happened - nor do you.

As for your education argument, it is an incontrovertible statement of fact that far more Canadiens flock to American universities than the other way around.

And regarding those 'models of civility' up there in Mooseville, I wouldn't be bragging about how safe it is up there either...

Imagine the decorum they might have displayed had they gotten past the first round!

(BTW, I'm not saying you are a thief - all I'm saying is that if you did steal a pair of socks, then you should look at counseling. :lol: )

:lol:

(BTW, I'm not saying you are a thief - all I'm saying is that if you did steal a pair of socks, then you should look at counseling. :) )

:lol: :lol:

I think the most poignant part of this whole thing is what he said here

"A lot of guys from Fort Wayne they actually never come back and I never understood that growing up," said Hardy. "I felt being in this position I could change that, but it's bigger than me. I have an organization that I have to represent in the best way possible and I just can't put myself in these situations. And now I understand why they don't go back."

Easy for a lot of us to say how people should be - but sometimes you have to put into perspective just how f'ed up some people's life situations are.

No, I read that and I understood that. So the Guy that they said had a gun came out and said that there was no gun. Wow, what a shocker, a person accused of having a gun said there was no gun. Its an open and shut case now. My question was just about how that interview "Clears the Air"? I guess if you take his word 100% then you can say that, but I don't trust anyones word 100% that I don't know rather well, especially the word of someone who just 3 weeks ago was a college kid that many were questioning his character.

Like I have said before, I'm not condemning the kid, saying he should be going to jail, be suspended, or that he is a no good thug, like you want to believe I am. My only comment was that if he was in an argument with his father and pulled a gun out, then he should be looking at anger management/counsiling. If this guy is as good of a receiver as some say, and can play like that in the NFL, I'm glad the Bills took him and can't wait to seehim on the field. I guess that I just like the idea of him being a Bill on the field, instead of suspended in the future because he has issues (which I am not saying he does, but if he did pull a gun on his father during in arguement, thats a good sign that he has issues)

So it's ok to cast aspersions on Hardy as long as you use the word IF? :lol:

And take all the shots you want about Canada and being slow, but I will take a Canadian education over an American one anyday.

I wouldn't, because apparently they don't teach you guys the difference between building a logically sound argument(we do in high school) and extrapolation without basis in fact. Don't know about how well they teach objectivity and/or critical thinking, but I doubt, based on your post, that's better than us as well. The balance of your post only speaks to what you conclude should happen(counseling) based on a set of dependent conditionals = first conditional(issues), which is itself based on a conditional(gun) and another conditional(argument worthy of police being called), but nowhere in any of it is there one constant, i.e. Hardy had a gun at the party = true.

Objectively, the only conclusion that can be reasonably held as true, based on the facts we have, is that nothing Hardy did merited further action by police, since none was taken. Extrapolating a conclusion based on a set of assumptions whose value you assign as true is simply unreasonable, because if any prove false the whole CHAIN becomes false, i.e if there is no gun, then does he have issues? No, he can't, based on your argument. Pesky dependent variable. :lol:

Of course we all hope that if he truly has problems he gets help, but the reality is that you are slinging mud at this guy without backing it up with anything other than a set of dependent assumptions and/or perceptions that have an equal chance of being false or true. And all of them have to be true for your conclusion = Hardy needs to get counseling IF..., to be true = extrapolation.

Need another example of our education system vs. yours? Or are we done?

And I enjoy the fact that I can go for a walk outside at night (or any time) without a gun strapped to me somewhere, and can go to bed without a gun next to me or even having to lock my doors for fear of having someone break in and rob/kill me.

Dude, now you're just being ignorant. We have 9 times your population, 10 times your GDP, and 29% higher per capita disposable income. Link HereTo make it easier for you: we have 9 times as many people chasing 10 times the wealth with the average mark on the street likely to have $300 bucks in his pocket for every one of yours with $200. But you want to talk about crime? Hint: you don't have enough people and money to make crime feasible and/or worth bothering with.

You are essentially comparing the city of Buffalo to the city of Ithaca, NY and then trying to talk about the crime rate? Ridiculous. Is this another example of that fine Canadian education?

I wouldn't have bothered with you but I am sick of listening to these bogus Canadian myths every time I go to a Bills/Sabres game or any other time Canadians are around Downtown. Do us all a favor and have you and your friends at least get your facts straight before you come over here. Better yet, simply enjoy yourselves like the rest of us are trying to do and spare us the bluster, BS and myths. All you are doing is confirming your insecurity with regard to us, and it's getting quite pathetic.

So it's ok to cast aspersions on Hardy as long as you use the word IF? :lol:

I wouldn't, because apparently they don't teach you guys the difference between building a logically sound argument(we do in high school) and extrapolation without basis in fact. Don't know about how well they teach objectivity and/or critical thinking, but I doubt, based on your post, that's better than us as well. The balance of your post only speaks to what you conclude should happen(counseling) based on a set of dependent conditionals = first conditional(issues), which is itself based on a conditional(gun) and another conditional(argument worthy of police being called), but nowhere in any of it is there one constant, i.e. Hardy had a gun at the party = true.

Objectively, the only conclusion that can be reasonably held as true, based on the facts we have, is that nothing Hardy did merited further action by police, since none was taken. Extrapolating a conclusion based on a set of assumptions whose value you assign as true is simply unreasonable, because if any prove false the whole CHAIN becomes false, i.e if there is no gun, then does he have issues? No, he can't, based on your argument. Pesky dependent variable. :lol:

Of course we all hope that if he truly has problems he gets help, but the reality is that you are slinging mud at this guy without backing it up with anything other than a set of dependent assumptions and/or perceptions that have an equal chance of being false or true. And all of them have to be true for your conclusion = Hardy needs to get counseling IF..., to be true = extrapolation.

Need another example of our education system vs. yours? Or are we done?

Dude, now you're just being ignorant. We have 9 times your population, 10 times your GDP, and 29% higher per capita disposable income. Link HereTo make it easier for you: we have 9 times as many people chasing 10 times the wealth with the average mark on the street likely to have $300 bucks in his pocket for every one of yours with $200. But you want to talk about crime? Hint: you don't have enough people and money to make crime feasible and/or worth bothering with.

You are essentially comparing the city of Buffalo to the city of Ithaca, NY and then trying to talk about the crime rate? Ridiculous. Is this another example of that fine Canadian education?

I wouldn't have bothered with you but I am sick of listening to these bogus Canadian myths every time I go to a Bills/Sabres game or any other time Canadians are around Downtown. Do us all a favor and have you and your friends at least get your facts straight before you come over here. Better yet, simply enjoy yourselves like the rest of us are trying to do and spare us the bluster, BS and myths. All you are doing is confirming your insecurity with regard to us, and it's getting quite pathetic.

I enjoy your posts. I love the OC scathing scythe of dexterous logic. :)

A very good question.

...and entered into the popular lexicon, along with other nifty ditties:

- "Plausible deniability."

- "There is no controlling legal authority."

- "I have no direct recollection of that".

- "I did not have sex with that woman".

- "This will be the most ethical Administration ever".

Hell, its ok to cast aspersions on anyone as long as you use a question mark. Have you never heard of the Cavuto?

http://www.videosift.com/video/New-punctua...daily-show-clip

So I guess it's safe to assume that you won't like the question "Does Obama need to get somebody who actually knows foreign policy on his team immediately?" when you find out about it 2 weeks from now, right? But, when they go with "Is McCain too old?" you'll be pleasantly surprised in two weeks, so I guess it's not that bad....

(BTW, I'm not saying you are a thief - all I'm saying is that if you did steal a pair of socks, then you should look at counseling. :) )

I know it might be hard but try not to paint the rest of us Canadians with the same brush as apuszczalowski :lol:

I am a self proclaimed redneck hillbilly. but even I realize that you are innocent until proven guilty :lol:

Hey if you are going to bash us CANADIANS....at least learn how to !@#$in spell it... :lol:

Just don't post any more, Canadians.

Do us all a favor.

Your words reek of rotten eel intestines and decaying asparagus.

You are lamer than that philly they had to put down at the kentucky derby.

Just stop.

kthnx.

Just don't post any more, Canadians.

Do us all a favor.

Your words reek of rotten eel intestines and decaying asparagus.

You are lamer than that philly they had to put down at the kentucky derby.

Just stop.

kthnx.

:lol: (that's not a thumb)