Vote for Obama or...

it's not the pic per se, it's the idea of a supporting obama t shirt actually making fun of him.

like in 04 someone made flip flops with kerry's name on it -- clearly it was a joke making fun of his positions by spoofing nick nacks promoting the candidate.

Oh I get it now.

The bar owner selling the t-shirt obviously has an issue with Barack Obama's stance on fruit imports as it relates to making banana daquiris.

You know what, it is funny now that I think about it. :thumbsup:

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh I get it now.

The bar owner selling the t-shirt obviously has an issue with Barack Obama's stance on fruit imports as it relates to making banana daquiris.

You know what, it is funny now that I think about it. :thumbsup:

are you a toll booth operator or something?

it was a spoof on the grass roots support OF obama.

of course i prided myself on racism, so i'm not a person in the 21st century.

what the hell are you on about with me priding myself on racism? is that even a word? i said it can be funny, falling down and hurting yourself can be funny, did i just prided myself on falling down and hurting myself?

and you should put your own good guy badge away before you swallow it.

are you saying no one can say anything bad about anyone who they don't know or aren't friends with for the sake of humor?

is every single joke you've ever heard save those from the friends you prided yourself on offensive to you then?

are you drunk right now?

Ethnic jokes can be funny. Jokes "about" racism can surely be funny, too. I say them all the time. "Racism" itself is not funny and no joke. That is what you said, that everything is fair game and it's clearly not. You just said racism is fine in any form if you're making a joke, and that, to me, and I would assume the vast majority of humans, is a racist statement. There are a lot of things that are not fair game, and portraying black guys as monkeys is one of them, because of the symbolism.

are you a toll booth operator or something?

it was a spoof on the grass roots support OF obama.

of course i prided myself on racism, so i'm not a person in the 21st century.

I'm sure toll booth operators everywhere would take offense if they knew you thought of them as somehow below you, given the level of intellect you are demonstrating in this thread.

Care to explain how exactly a monkey eating a banana relates to grass roots support? Or at least a link to an article that shows this was the intent of the creator? Or would you rather throw around insults and spin yourself in a circle? I know you can't do the former, so to the dismay of us all I guess we'll watch you do the latter.

Ethnic jokes can be funny. Jokes "about" racism can surely be funny, too. I say them all the time. "Racism" itself is not funny and no joke. That is what you said, that everything is fair game and it's clearly not. You just said racism is fine in any form if you're making a joke, and that, to me, and I would assume the vast majority of humans, is a racist statement. There are a lot of things that are not fair game, and portraying black guys as monkeys is one of them, because of the symbolism.

nope, racist jokes can be funny. it's not racist to find racist jokes to be funny.

and for the fourth time for the slow kids -- it is satirical to portray someone negatively in the form in which they are normally deified in. the subject of the satire is the supporters of the candidate.

instead of worrying your pretty little goog guy heads over this, just understand that unless you hide under a rock and cry about every single joke that isn't said by your bestest friend like kelly the dog does, it's all fair game.

and for the fourth time for the slow kids -- it is satirical to portray someone negatively in the form in which they are normally deified in. the subject of the satire is the supporters of the candidate.

And for the fifth time, does this mean that Obama is a monkey, since the t-shirt depicts him in the form that he is "normally deified in?" Or are Obama's supporters monkeys?

And for the fifth time, does this mean that Obama is a monkey, since the t-shirt depicts him in the form that he is "normally deified in?" Or are Obama's supporters monkeys?

it's making a racist joke about obama satiring the supporters of obama. if (as i'd say at least some are) obama's supporters are largely motivated by his race it is a very sharp satire of them. it could be way funnier obviously, but it's still satire, and not necessarily offensive.

there was a great show about racism in the UK a few years ago. some indian/black/whatever mixed brit was going around showing what a bunch of sensitive pussies people are. some sissy cop in wales was all butt hurt over a funny welsh jokes this guy was ripping in front of him, and the usual suspects were super good guy badge offended (like the super heros in this thread are over people finding a joke funny) over every little thing.

this guy running the show was an anti racism activist, and very much involved in some big battles in the 80s. his point was that he fought before to get admission to schools (or rather not excluded out of hand due to race) and to not get beaten in the street by skinheads or have paki shop written on his dad's store and have the police never investigate that or robberies. that was real racism he was fighting against. all the little stuff that people get sand in their vaj's about now is just stupid.

being offended over jokes and people's natural preferances is wimpy soft weenie victim celebrating behavior.

it's making a racist joke about obama satiring the supporters of obama. if (as i'd say at least some are) obama's supporters are largely motivated by his race it is a very sharp satire of them. it could be way funnier obviously, but it's still satire, and not necessarily offensive.

there was a great show about racism in the UK a few years ago. some indian/black/whatever mixed brit was going around showing what a bunch of sensitive pussies people are. some sissy cop in wales was all butt hurt over a funny welsh jokes this guy was ripping in front of him, and the usual suspects were super good guy badge offended (like the super heros in this thread are over people finding a joke funny) over every little thing.

this guy running the show was an anti racism activist, and very much involved in some big battles in the 80s. his point was that he fought before to get admission to schools (or rather not excluded out of hand due to race) and to not get beaten in the street by skinheads or have paki shop written on his dad's store and have the police never investigate that or robberies. that was real racism he was fighting against. all the little stuff that people get sand in their vaj's about now is just stupid.

being offended over jokes and people's natural preferances is wimpy soft weenie victim celebrating behavior.

So going over to Obama's house and placing a burning cross on his grass lawn with a monkey sitting on one of the crossboards, on fire, eating a banana, is cool because it's a funny joke and satire on this whole grass roots racism thing?

nope, racist jokes can be funny. it's not racist to find racist jokes to be funny.

instead of worrying your pretty little goog guy heads over this, just understand that unless you hide under a rock and cry about every single joke that isn't said by your bestest friend like kelly the dog does, it's all fair game.

That's not what you said. You said "racism" is funny and everything about it is fair game.

So going over to Obama's house and placing a burning cross on his grass lawn with a monkey sitting on one of the crossboards, on fire, eating a banana, is cool because it's a funny joke and satire on this whole grass roots racism thing?

lol, of course it is!!!

are you on drugs? did you prided yourself on those drugs?

a tshirt is a tshirt that belongs to the person who owns it. they can do whatever they want to it. putting a burning cross on someone's lawn isn't exactly ok, it's their lawn for crying out loud.

if someone is actually insane enough to attack a presidential candidate's (let's face it hilly is gonna lose) house like that then it would be ok to make jokes about it and laugh tho.

catfeesh?

That's not what you said. You said "racism" is funny and everything about it is fair game.

i said

"AFAIAK it's all fair game. racism can be wicked lulzy."

it's all fair game means it's all fine to joke about. is this really that hard to understand? did you hurt your brain at some point? was it a prided related injury?

lol, of course it is!!!

are you on drugs? did you prided yourself on those drugs?

a tshirt is a tshirt that belongs to the person who owns it. they can do whatever they want to it. putting a burning cross on someone's lawn isn't exactly ok, it's their lawn for crying out loud.

if someone is actually insane enough to attack a presidential candidate's (let's face it hilly is gonna lose) house like that then it would be ok to make jokes about it and laugh tho.

catfeesh?

Well, that's cool. At least we now know you think burning crosses on a black guy's lawn is hysterically funny. That's some good thinkin'.

So going over to Obama's house and placing a burning cross on his grass lawn with a monkey sitting on one of the crossboards, on fire, eating a banana.

That and if you were standing in Obama's yard in your KKK outfit getting you ass beat by Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson. Now that, would be funny. :thumbsup:

Well, that's cool. At least we now know you think burning crosses on a black guy's lawn is hysterically funny. That's some good thinkin'.

because that's what i said!!!!

honestly, what do you do for a living? you can prided yourself on it, go ahead, tell us.

because that's what i said!!!!

honestly, what do you do for a living? you can prided yourself on it, go ahead, tell us.

Actually, that is what you just said. Oh, and by the way...

Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1) - Cite This Source - Share This

pride Audio Help /praɪd/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[prahyd] Pronunciation Key -

Show IPA Pronunciation noun, verb, prid·ed, prid·ing.

–noun

1. a high or inordinate opinion of one's own dignity, importance, merit, or superiority, whether as cherished in the mind or as displayed in bearing, conduct, etc.

2. the state or feeling of being proud.

3. a becoming or dignified sense of what is due to oneself or one's position or character; self-respect; self-esteem.

4. pleasure or satisfaction taken in something done by or belonging to oneself or believed to reflect credit upon oneself: civic pride.

5. something that causes a person or persons to be proud: His art collection was the pride of the family.

6. the best of a group, class, society, etc.: This bull is the pride of the herd.

7. the most flourishing state or period: in the pride of adulthood.

8. mettle in a horse.

9. Literary. splendor, magnificence, or pomp.

10. a group of lions.

11. sexual desire, esp. in a female animal.

12. ornament or adornment.

–verb (used with object)

13. to indulge or plume (oneself) in a feeling of pride (usually fol. by on or upon): She prides herself on her tennis.

—Idiom

14. pride and joy, someone or something cherished, valued, or enjoyed above all others: Their new grandchild is their pride and joy.

Actually, that is what you just said. Oh, and by the way...

not buying it.

like prideful or disconnect (as a noun) or leverage (as a verb) this is a incorrect word that has leaked into common usage.

not buying it.

like prideful or disconnect (as a noun) or leverage (as a verb) this is a incorrect word that has leaked into common usage.

It's listed right up top on page 1536 of my Random House Dictionary of the English Language, one of the best and most respected of its kind. But if colin doesn't buy it, I guess it's not a word.

Leverage as a verb is not a real word? :thumbsup:

It's listed right up top on page 1536 of my Random House Dictionary of the English Language, one of the best and most respected of its kind. But if colin doesn't buy it, I guess it's not a word.

Leverage as a verb is not a real word? :thumbsup:

it's lever

leverage is a noun.

tell me about how laughing at a t shirt is the same as putting a burning cross on someone's lawn.

it's lever

leverage is a noun.

tell me about how laughing at a t shirt is the same as putting a burning cross on someone's lawn.

I asked you if you thought putting a burning cross on a lawn with a burning monkey would be hysterically funny and you said "lol, of course it is!!!".

Oh, and by the way, the word lever has been a noun and a verb since 1250, derived from "levare", to lighten, to lift. Leverage, as a noun or verb, has been around since 1715-1725.