Really Awesome Judge

Link

Elizabeth Halverson is a judge. But the way courthouse staffers see it, she expects to be treated like a queen.

Her former bailiff, for example, says Halverson made him feel like a "houseboy." He says the judge — who is obese and uses a motorized scooter to get around — made him put her shoes on her feet, massage her back, cover her with a blanket for naps and make sure her oxygen tank was filled. He says she asked him, "Do you want to worship me from near or afar?"

Halverson also surrounded herself with her own hired guards, saying she did not trust the courthouse security force to protect her. Another time, she allegedly had her husband sworn in so that she could ask him under oath if he had completed chores at home.

Since then, the 50-year-old Nevada district judge has been locked out of her Las Vegas courtroom, suspended from the bench and brought up on judicial-misconduct charges that include not only misusing her position and treating her staff like personal valets, but also tainting juries and falling asleep on the bench.

A picture is worth a thousand words, BTW. Unbelievable.

In documents denying the allegations, Halverson has blamed disgruntled employees and vindictive colleagues.

She has submitted a report from a therapist who diagnosed her with an adjustment disorder, anxiety and depression. And she produced a letter from her physician, Dr. Michael Jacobs, who said she is diabetic, uses a wheelchair because of arthritis in her feet and knees, and needs oxygen to counteract the effects of sleep apnea.

Jacobs said a drop in blood sugar may have caused a brief episode in which she fell asleep in court. But he said there is no physical reason Halverson cannot be an effective judge.

Effective judge?? I wouldn't trust this person to do my laundry, let alone be a friggin' judge!

When I am emperor, people like this will just be sent to the slaughterhouse. I'm sure her remains would make for some useful pig slop.

Of course, depending on her political bend she can be assured of having some significant support. :blink:

If you can't judge when to push away from the table, you ought not be rendering decisions on other people's lives...

:wallbash:

A comedian I once saw said once in awhile ya just gotta have a salad. :blink:

:lol: Grimace is pear shaped and a little leaner. This one is round as pi. Same mug though

Put her in a purple sun dress and tell me which is which. :thumbsup: