question about driving in NYS

MarkAF43

So,

Just had rotator cuff surgery friday, nothing too major.... so my question, in NYS is it illegal to drive with one arm in a sling? I looked and couldn't find anything on it, just don't feel like being pulled over if it's something that is true. I know I could take the sling off but the pain is pretty bad, so i would rather keep it on... so, does anyone know?> Thanks!!

So,

Just had rotator cuff surgery friday, nothing too major.... so my question, in NYS is it illegal to drive with one arm in a sling? I looked and couldn't find anything on it, just don't feel like being pulled over if it's something that is true. I know I could take the sling off but the pain is pretty bad, so i would rather keep it on... so, does anyone know?> Thanks!!

I think it is illegal to drive in barefeet... Dont' know about the sling though??

Driving barefoot is no longer illegal! At least it wasn't in the 90's when I was there.

Don't know about the arm in a sling though. If I had to bet I would say your fine as long as you don't have an accident. If you have an accident they may say your arm in a sling contributed to the cause of the accident regardless of fault.

Better get one of these

Or "spinners"

Straight out of the 1950's! Ah, the good old days before power steering, when most females gave up even attempting to drive... :thumbsup::beer:

Our John Deere tractor at work has one such item!

I still like the term "Oh Jesus handle"... You know the grab handle above your head... Most American car never had them on the driver's side... But, Japanese cars did... WTF? Do they drive with one hand in Japan? Or was the real reason is they drive on the other side of the road and the handle just stayed on both sides during a conversion?

I don't know if its illegal but its annoying as hell and kind of dangerous...... I had a labral tear repaird a few years ago, and was in a sling for 2 months. You can drive an automatic but don't try to do anything else like change the radio, role down a window, or adjust a mirror..........then it gets complicated.

Or "spinners"

Straight out of the 1950's! Ah, the good old days before power steering, when most females gave up even attempting to drive... :beer::beer:

Our John Deere tractor at work has one such item!

I still like the term "Oh Jesus handle"... You know the grab handle above your head... Most American car never had them on the driver's side... But, Japanese cars did... WTF? Do they drive with one hand in Japan? Or was the real reason is they drive on the other side of the road and the handle just stayed on both sides during a conversion?

Aren't they illegal in most States, save for handicap permit holders and some in the trucking and farming business? :thumbsup:

From what I heard, that is how Sammy davis Jr. lost his eye. He was in a car accident and his face slammed into the steering wheel.

:blink:0:)

How the phuck do you know this sh*t Wacka!? :blink::lol:

I am calling you if I ever need to know a Cheektowaga connection story or great trivia!

:lol:

I saw him years ago on TV talking about it. I'm cursed with a great memory, but age is screwing me on names. I have trouble remembering them.