"Lions Draft Cadet, Save Him From Iraq"

Unless they played football, then they didn't hve to fly anymore :D

So it's all serious business until your points are refuted, and then it's emoticons? I used to feel bad for the way people seemed to gang up on you, but now I fully understand their frustrations.

So it's all serious business until your points are refuted, and then it's emoticons? I used to feel bad for the way people seemed to gang up on you, but now I fully understand their frustrations.

Refuted? Ummm...no. Differences of opinion do not necessarily mean someone is right or wrong. Because Wacka sights a novel about a different war doesn't make me wrong.

Refuted? Ummm...no. Differences of opinion do not necessarily mean someone is right or wrong. Because Wacka sights a novel about a different war doesn't make me wrong.

"Cites". You have the English skills of a cactus.

"Cites". You have the English skills of a cactus.
:wallbash: Dude, I have no idea why but that had me laughing my ass off. You would think Molson would just give up, every thread I read he gets his ass handed to him. :wallbash:

Yea that must be it...I'm stupid. If I could only live in your little fantasy utopia.

We already tried living in Molson's Utopia: Jimmy Carter's presidency.

Since the Democratic primary is still going on, each of the candidate are trying to prove who is the bigger, badder, Democrat. I don't believe that either of the candidates are really going to take these Carter-esque policies they have discussed into the general election, for real. They are likely to do what Clinton, Bill did and run to the right. If they actually stay with this Carter crap, the are going to get McGoverned, or Mondaled, take your pick.

Back to the point of the post:

This headline is the worst sort of lame crap I have seen in a while. They obviously don't understand how West Point works, and once again, don't even bother to try and find out before they run a headline. This guy was third in his class, which means he has a ton of choices(medical school, law school, business school, engineering masters degree, etc. all for free-->you pay in years of service), NFL football is merely one, and few of them lead to Iraq, unless he personally, and nobody else, was to choose that.

The Army has little to do with the choice that is made by the third cadet in a class, or any cadet for that matter. They simply line up the slots(2 med school, 5 law school, 10 business school, 10 101st Airborne, etc.), and Viti gets to pick whatever is left after the top 2 choose theirs(obviously a lot is left). So yes, the last guy in the class(the Goat) gets whatever is left, and even that may or may not be an Iraq stationing. In fact, I doubt it is, because many of the top cadets purposely take elite combat units because they want to be generals some day, and if you want stars, you want combat.

This is why, when you watch the Army Navy(fuggin squids) game you see unit insignia on many of the Seniors' uniforms, because that's the unit they picked. Same thing for the Navy/Marines, Air Farce, even the Coast Guard.

The media today, or at least this idiot, is either hopelessly biased towards liberals, or, hopelessly incompetent. Either way, they suck ass.