UDFA signings- BILLS ONLY!

That's what Caleb Campbell, safety from Army, said in ESPN interview. If he got drafted (which he did by Detroit the pick before Buffalo's 5th I believe) he wouldn't have to go to Iraq and would be used in recruiting. I was disappointed the Bills didn't draft him but sounds like they signed the next best guy. They said, an added attraction to get kids to go to the Academy having a player get drafted by the NFL.

He needs to be on an NFL roster for two years to forgo his time to be served overseas.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More on Felton, the OG:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/...ayers/6653.html

BIOGRAPHY: Four-year starter awarded All-Conference honors as a senior. Used at both tackle positions as well as guard in college.

POSITIVES: Explosive blocker with good size and growth potential. Quick off the snap, fluid moving about the field, and can block in motion. Nasty, always looking for someone to hit, and fights with his hands throughout the action. Sets with a wide base, blocks with good lean, and explosive in all his actions. Anchors in pass protection and keeps his feet moving on contact.

NEGATIVES: Does not possess the dominant base and is not a true drive-blocker. On the ground too much and must improve his blocking balance. Not known as a hard worker and has a soft body.

ANALYSIS: Felton possesses a lot of natural skill and holds a good degree of upside potential. He's been productive on the college level and can have a career in the NFL if he makes football a priority and works hard to improve his strength and conditioning.

PROJECTION: Late Fifth Round

Looks like a solid project pick for the O-line. :o

Yeah, that was stupid, never liked it

Buffalo Bills

QB Luke Drone (Illinois State)

LB Joe Brockington (Notre Dame)

DT Teraz McCray (Miami, FL)

WR Jason Jones (Arkansas-Pine Bluff)

FB Mike Viti (Army)

LB Jon Banks (Iowa State)

OL Robert Felton (Arkansas)

LB Marcus Buggs (Vanderbilt)

RB Bruce Hall (Mississippi)

http://fflivewire.com/articles/2008_NFL_Un...Signings_1.aspx

Buffalo Bills

QB Luke Drone (Illinois State)

LB Joe Brockington (Notre Dame)

DT Teraz McCray (Miami, FL)

WR Jason Jones (Arkansas-Pine Bluff)

FB Mike Viti (Army)

LB Jon Banks (Iowa State)

OL Robert Felton (Arkansas)

LB Marcus Buggs (Vanderbilt)

RB Bruce Hall (Mississippi)

http://fflivewire.com/articles/2008_NFL_Un...Signings_1.aspx

Thanks, you rock! :D

From the article on the front page:

“I’m cognizant of the fact that I represent more than just the Buffalo Bills, but also the United States Army. I just have to do the best I can and serve in multiple facets. I don’t look at it as backing away from my commitment because I still am serving my country in the role of a recruiter. My service to my nation won’t be done when I’m done with the Buffalo Bills because no matter if I spend one day or 10 years in the NFL, I plan on serving my nation when my career is over.”

-Mike Viti

I hope this guy makes the team.

From the article on the front page:

“I’m cognizant of the fact that I represent more than just the Buffalo Bills, but also the United States Army. I just have to do the best I can and serve in multiple facets. I don’t look at it as backing away from my commitment because I still am serving my country in the role of a recruiter. My service to my nation won’t be done when I’m done with the Buffalo Bills because no matter if I spend one day or 10 years in the NFL, I plan on serving my nation when my career is over.”

-Mike Viti

I hope this guy makes the team.

I hope this guy makes the Pro Bowl -- as a Bill, of course. But I guess we need to start with him making the team. :D