If Xavier's Omon's moves transfer to NFL ...

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And it's not as if this kid just put up better than average numbers at Div 2 ... he put up some wicked numbers, so he probably could've done well in Div 1 too ... it's a flyer pick, but I like it.

Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't Anthony Thomas released after the season? If nothing else, maybe Omon can fill that role.

Would that be the role of washed up scrub?

That was funny to watch! You know he is in that mass of bodies somewhere when wham, he comes squirting through! Give the guy a chance. Sometimes a change of pace weapon can de-tablize the defense. I would like to see the Bills open some holes the size of a snowplow. The blocking is more of a concern than a forty time especially when in need of first downs and when within the Red Zone. I try to put some things out of memory but one thing that won't go away is the Bills lack of productivity in getting first downs. Give X a chance!

Dave Tollefson of NWMSU has a SuperBowl ring from this year and got quite a bit of playing time with the Giants his 1st year there. FWIW last year NWMSU beat Chadron St who beat D1A Montana who beat Colorado.

FROM WHAT I CAN TELL , he seems to have great sense of vision as to whos coming at him and at what angles ,makes alot of would be tacklers miss by shiftyness and can stop and start at full speed with some power behind it,,catches well in traffic ,,,cant put my finger on who he reminds me of anyone remember the rbs of the 70s,early 80's,? billy sims?

FROM WHAT I CAN TELL , he seems to have great sense of vision as to whos coming at him and at what angles ,makes alot of would be tacklers miss by shiftyness and can stop and start at full speed with some power behind it,,catches well in traffic ,,,cant put my finger on who he reminds me of anyone remember the rbs of the 70s,early 80's,? billy sims?

his style reminds me of a young Thurman

Watch the tape again folks. His stutter step happens behind the LoS. In the NFL that's one step too many. Only Barry Sanders could get away with it in the pros. Not saying that Odom won't be a player, but he will need to learn to hit the hole first, and then worry about the juke.

Highlight film sure looked pretty, but he won't have the same luxury playing against boys come August.

Division he came from wasn't the only prob. He runs too upright & lacks speed so must head for sidelines to get all the yards he can before running OB.

He runs a 4.59 forty at 228 pounds...not bad, and from those highlights he didn't look like the sidelines were his first thought.

He supposedly has good hands. If he could work really, really hard on his blocking, he might be an option at FB as well.

I agree with GG, though...a few of those runs had a bit too much backfield dancing, which might be a habit he could get away with before, but not at this level. It will be interesting to see if he becomes this year's 'buzz' third string RB in the preseason games....

in this collection he shows every move an RB can possibly make. if he can pull this off in the nfl he will be the steal of this draft. my best guess is he wont. but at near FB size and in the 6th round it was a gamble worth taking

Well--the guy obviously has excellent running instincts. He could be very good if he has enough toughness and speed for the NFL. Guys like this have upside.Should be interesting.

He runs a 4.59 forty at 228 pounds...not bad, and from those highlights he didn't look like the sidelines were his first thought.

He supposedly has good hands. If he could work really, really hard on his blocking, he might be an option at FB as well.

I agree with GG, though...a few of those runs had a bit too much backfield dancing, which might be a habit he could get away with before, but not at this level. It will be interesting to see if he becomes this year's 'buzz' third string RB in the preseason games....

Yeah--he doesnt have great speed--but the NFL is not about 80 yard runs..its about moving the chains. 4.59 is decent--kinda like Thurman speed.

For those of you that remember back that far, this kid runs like the Juice. Juking and twisting, and finding the holes. He has the ability, and just needs some size and good blocking.

Go Div II!

well..there is a poor mans similarity there to the juice....

in this collection he shows every move an RB can possibly make. if he can pull this off in the nfl he will be the steal of this draft. my best guess is he wont. but at near FB size and in the 6th round it was a gamble worth taking

I would like to see Oman as our short yardage and goal line back. Save Lynch from taking a beating.