6th Round Selection: Xavier Omon RB NWMO

I keep seeing you say this but you don't go in to the draft and pick 5 ST players that can be found in the FA market you look for players that can play and if they can play ST then great it's a better pick.

Yes but these guys are also great back ups. How can you not get excited with this talent.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how many roster spots do you think they have? how many game day roster spots do you think they have?

this guy will end up on the practice squad, if he makes the team at all

Most teams keep 3 or 4 tailbacks. Why couldn't he make the team as RB3 or RB4?

Omon has outscored the Bills over the last 4 years!

"Omon if you want to have fun with numbers has outscored the Bills in terms of touchdowns on the ground in this entire decade adding together his numbers over the past four years. Since 2000 the Bills have 87 rushing touchdowns. Over the past four years Omon has 92. Omon had 7,073 yards rushing in his college career and 92 rushing touchdowns, six receiving touchdowns and averaged 5.56 per carry." ---Chris Brown

Omon has outscored the Bills over the last 4 years!

"Omon if you want to have fun with numbers has outscored the Bills in terms of touchdowns on the ground in this entire decade adding together his numbers over the past four years. Since 2000 the Bills have 87 rushing touchdowns. Over the past four years Omon has 92. Omon had 7,073 yards rushing in his college career and 92 rushing touchdowns, six receiving touchdowns and averaged 5.56 per carry." ---Chris Brown

He could be the next Jim Brown. Upside is tremendous.Let the NFL prove it can stop him.

Yes, yes, yes.... We all know the mantra.... Day one is for starters and Day two is for Backups and Projects....(and STers for the Bills)

I am thinking with Bobby April losing four Very good STers to FA this season he was given four picks on day two to close the holes.... that is the only way I can see this draft making any sense really.... I know we got some good prospects...

I really like Omen. I think he will be a nice weapon to spell Lynch in the red zone if necessary. A center or depth on the OL would have been nice, but I can't argue with selecting a guy with Omen's abilities in the sixth round.

I don't think dwayne wright is good runner.

He didn't impress me at all.

There won't be enough carries for all of those running backs. Drafting Dwight was Wilson's idea. I hope they learn not to listen to him on draft day.

As a NWMSU fan who has watched X in person for 4 years I can say that he definitely has NFL potential. During his college career all but one NFL team sent scouts to NWMSU to watch him play. He is the only player in ANY NCAA Division to gain at least 1500 yds a year for 4 straight years.

He was originally supposed to go to the University of Nebraska as a Grayshirt but got "lost in the shuffle" during a head coaching change. He helped lead NWMSU to 3 D2 title game appearances in his 4 years at NWMSU. Check out his highlight reel on YouTube, esp the 98 yd TD in freezing drizzle and subzero wind chill during the 2007 D2 Semi-final game on ESPN or the 4th & goal TD in overtime at Arrowhead to win that game on the last play.

• 4 weeks later...

His videos are pretty amazing. Maybe with all his experience in college he can be an ingredient to a winning mix.

The back up running back spot will be fun to watch during training camp and pre-season this year. It'd be nice to have a couple productive guys on the field at the same time.