*Official Day 2 Draft Thread*

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

As happy as I am we got a potentially very good pass rusher. It depresses me that it seems the bills will never get a te :censored:

It would be nice if they'd make a move up the board here, wouldn't it?

I agree, its depressing. TE is a complete afterthought to this team, but not surprisingly, year-after-year, they struggle throwing the ball over the middle. Hardy helps a little there, but he's not really the answer to that issue, IMO.

It would be nice if they'd make a move up the board here, wouldn't it?

I agree, its depressing. TE is a complete afterthought to this team, but not surprisingly, year-after-year, they struggle throwing the ball over the middle. Hardy helps a little there, but he's not really the answer to that issue, IMO.

Exactly. A good receiving te opens up so much. Not to knock the potential impact of a James Hardy, who's size is an obvious benefit. A good te helps your short yardage/redzone offense, and I believe would make more of an impact on the game later in the year in bad weather games, compared to your average wr. When every yard matters in games like we had against the browns/giants last year. It opens up the middle of the field, and helps the qb and running game. I don't get why the bills continue to devalue the impact te's have on the game.

Exactly. A good receiving te opens up so much. Not to knock the potential impact of a James Hardy, who's size is an obvious benefit. A good te helps your short yardage/redzone offense, and I believe would make more of an impact on the game later in the year in bad weather games, compared to your average wr. When every yard matters in games like we had against the browns/giants last year. It opens up the middle of the field, and helps the qb and running game. I don't get why the bills continue to devalue the impact te's have on the game.

I think we're on the same page here. I love the pick of James Hardy, but I think he's more of a redzone guy who works primarily outside the hash marks. He can help over the middle, but he's not a guy who can work there every down like a TE, IMO. Its been a problem for years and I'm not convinced the Bills will ever adequately address this position.

unfortunately the good TE's were all gone by our 3rd round pick. The guys left are unlikely to be upgrades over Teyo or Courtney Anderson.

PFW's take on the Ellis pick:

The Bills could benefit from an increased pass rush. Virginia Tech DE Chris Ellis has some natural pass-rush ability and could contribute situationally. He will bring a swagger to the Bills' defense. I am a little surprised, however, that the Bills took a chance on Ellis given his overall attitude. He could use some hard coaching.

unfortunately the good TE's were all gone by our 3rd round pick. The guys left are unlikely to be upgrades over Teyo or Courtney Anderson.

I think a good argument can be made for Chris Ellis being better than the TEs, but Courtney Anderson and Teyo Johnson? Nah, I think some of these guys could, at the very least, be very competitive with what they already have. Teyo, in particular, has had difficulty even staying in the league.