In Honor of Chad Henne

being a Michigan fan myself, I can't join in on the Henne bashing, he was a solid QB for the wolverines. That being said he has got an awfully ugly girlfriend. Anyone else catch a glimpse of the great beast when he was picked? :thumbsup:

Every time I seen him interviewed on ESPN one thing stuck out, he wasn't very thoughtful with his answers. I am going to question his intelligence and his ability to listen right now. Suzy kolbert asked him once about what he thought about some of the opinions of the scouts and the guys on ESPN about his negatives and he said those things go in one ear and out the other. Yeah I want a QB who gives that answer.

what is your take of todays draft Mike? How do you like what we did?

McKelvin was the best CB in the draft hands down, he was always my #1, I just didn't think we would get a chance at him. We needed to abandon the zone scheme against the Patriots because we can't release Moss to a FS or SS in stride (see George Wilson, see the play when the Giants nearly lost the SB at the end with a corner AND safety help on Moss). In 2006 when we played the pass reasonably well, we switched at the bye to isolating Nate on one side and played zone on the opposite. The following year when we lost Nate we dropped to the bottom of the barrel in pass defense. No matter how many want to downgrade corner because of the system we needed a player like this. Not only that but it moves one of our other CB's to nickel, which either Greer or McGee would be best served anyway (opposite smaller quicker WR's). Overall, I think we should see a considerable improvement in the pass defense with the interior upgrades and addition of a player like McKelvin.

As for Hardy, I will admit I was never a big fan of his, but I see why we made the move and can be happy with it so long as we retain Evans. I don't feel Hardy has any chance in his career of developing into a #1 WR. He just doesn't have the fluidity and separation ability you need in that role. He's a stride runner, which lends itself to decreased acceleration times and less explosiveness. Having said that two things are very clear to me at this point, Buffalo needs to score more TD's in the RZ, and Hardy is the best RZ target in this draft. You just can't match up with that height, length, and leaping ability. I don't expect big numbers in terms of yards, YAC, or even catches, but I do expect 6 to 7 TD's as a rookie, with the potential to reach double digits later in his career. That, IMO, is great value in the second round, no matter if he's #1 material or not.

Your thoughts on the draft Pete?

Funny and cool but please edit your post and mark it NSFW. It's a tough job market out there and no Bills fans need to be looking for work in this economy.

Thanks RJFL. I'm not any kind of prude but I just want to protect our valuable fan base. A fan without a job is one less ticket holder. GO BILLS!!!!!

McKelvin was the best CB in the draft hands down, he was always my #1, I just didn't think we would get a chance at him. We needed to abandon the zone scheme against the Patriots because we can't release Moss to a FS or SS in stride (see George Wilson, see the play when the Giants nearly lost the SB at the end with a corner AND safety help on Moss). In 2006 when we played the pass reasonably well, we switched at the bye to isolating Nate on one side and played zone on the opposite. The following year when we lost Nate we dropped to the bottom of the barrel in pass defense. No matter how many want to downgrade corner because of the system we needed a player like this. Not only that but it moves one of our other CB's to nickel, which either Greer or McGee would be best served anyway (opposite smaller quicker WR's). Overall, I think we should see a considerable improvement in the pass defense with the interior upgrades and addition of a player like McKelvin.

As for Hardy, I will admit I was never a big fan of his, but I see why we made the move and can be happy with it so long as we retain Evans. I don't feel Hardy has any chance in his career of developing into a #1 WR. He just doesn't have the fluidity and separation ability you need in that role. He's a stride runner, which lends itself to decreased acceleration times and less explosiveness. Having said that two things are very clear to me at this point, Buffalo needs to score more TD's in the RZ, and Hardy is the best RZ target in this draft. You just can't match up with that height, length, and leaping ability. I don't expect big numbers in terms of yards, YAC, or even catches, but I do expect 6 to 7 TD's as a rookie, with the potential to reach double digits later in his career. That, IMO, is great value in the second round, no matter if he's #1 material or not.

Your thoughts on the draft Pete?

Great analysis Mike. I really liked what we did today. I think the Bills had McKelvin rated much higher then any other CBs- and he fills a definite need. I think we were fortunate that he was there for us at 11. The return ability is bonus. Our defense and special teams are gonna put up some points and lots of highlights.

Hardy was a nice value pick. I recognize the need for a tall WR and Hardy should really help out in the red zone. I liked Sweed and Kelly too- but I trust the Bills on picking Hardy. I think both picks are in response to Randy Moss- one to defend him, and one to create Moss-like mismatch's in the red zone. He will help out Lee Evans too. I hope we re-sign Lee quick.

A TE would help out tremendously too. I like Kellen Davis a lot. A solid TE would help out Trent more then anything. - any thoughts on Kellen Davis?

Which positions would you like to us draft tomorrow? Any particular players? And you being from Michigan- should we draft Mario if he is BPA?

Great analysis Mike. I really liked what we did today. I think the Bills had McKelvin rated much higher then any other CBs- and he fills a definite need. I think we were fortunate that he was there for us at 11. The return ability is bonus. Our defense and special teams are gonna put up some points and lots of highlights.

Hardy was a nice value pick. I recognize the need for a tall WR and Hardy should really help out in the red zone. I liked Sweed and Kelly too- but I trust the Bills on picking Hardy. I think both picks are in response to Randy Moss- one to defend him, and one to create Moss-like mismatch's in the red zone. He will help out Lee Evans too. I hope we re-sign Lee quick.

A TE would help out tremendously too. I like Kellen Davis a lot. A solid TE would help out Trent more then anything. - any thoughts on Kellen Davis?

Which positions would you like to us draft tomorrow? Any particular players? And you being from Michigan- should we draft Mario if he is BPA?

I don't think we should draft Mario, he loses concentration to often, and tended to only make damage in the deep passing game which isn't what I envision our offense moving forward. I still like the idea of going for a TE. If your looking for a vertical threat my guys would be Rucker or Tamme, but both are very limited in terms of blocking ability. If your looking for a blocker, my guy would be Craig Stevens out of Cal, who's essentially a third Tackle.

I expect a FB, my preference is towards Peyton Hillis or Jacob Hester, who bring power running (again RZ production) and more of a west coast style to them (what I envision as our offense moving forward).

Fill it in with a C, DE, OG, OLB, FS....I would get more specific but I'm about to hit the town. Have a good night.