Depth wins championships

Here is my vote for switching to a 3-4 and drafting Rivers (if available at 11) in the 1st and best wideout in the 2nd. If Rivers is gone attempt to trade down with KC or Philly and take your wideout in the 1st and use the extra pick aquired in the trade to move up and get Connors in the early 2nd.

What will this do to our defense? By swithcing to a 3-4 it will allow Stroud to stay fresh because he can platoon with McCargo and Spencer at nose. Crowell and Mitchell can fly around as outside lb's and Connor and Poz can stuff the middle. That D certainly wont be run on.

When KC made that trade yesterday I immediatley thought of them as another trading partner. Now maybe KC nad Philly both want the 11 pick which only helkps the Bills.

Here is my vote for switching to a 3-4 and drafting Rivers (if available at 11) in the 1st and best wideout in the 2nd. If Rivers is gone attempt to trade down with KC or Philly and take your wideout in the 1st and use the extra pick aquired in the trade to move up and get Connors in the early 2nd.

What will this do to our defense? By swithcing to a 3-4 it will allow Stroud to stay fresh because he can platoon with McCargo and Spencer at nose. Crowell and Mitchell can fly around as outside lb's and Connor and Poz can stuff the middle. That D certainly wont be run on.

When KC made that trade yesterday I immediatley thought of them as another trading partner. Now maybe KC nad Philly both want the 11 pick which only helkps the Bills.

maybe you're right, but there's no chance in hell the Bills are going to switch to a 3-4 this season or soon

by the way, that Spell Check thing works.

Don't see it happening, we will not be switching to a 3-4 defense. Did it win us a SB ? no i don't see y everyone loves it so much we never a super bowl when we ran it and everyone wanted to use something else? now we want to go back?!?!? for how long? 3/4 years before we start calling for a 4-3 or cover 2 again? Maybe we should switch to a 3-3-5 it works for college teams, noone would be able to pass on us?

By the way the 3-3-5 part was a joke.

I'd like to get more LBs on the field, too. God (and In Space No One Can Hear) knows I think highly of Rivers. But McCargo and Spencer would get KILLED as an NT in a 3-4. They are NOT 2 gappers. Not even close. Stroud is the only guy that COULD hold up 2 gaps and I'm not sure we'd want to wear him out.

I won't get into our DEs not being suited at some other time.

GO BILLS!!!

I'd like to get more LBs on the field, too. God (and In Space No One Can Hear) knows I think highly of Rivers. But McCargo and Spencer would get KILLED as an NT in a 3-4. They are NOT 2 gappers. Not even close. Stroud is the only guy that COULD hold up 2 gaps and I'm not sure we'd want to wear him out.

I won't get into our DEs not being suited at some other time.

GO BILLS!!!

McCargo and S. Johnson would be the DEs in a 3/4. No idea what we'd do with the other linemen though.

Ok so you want to completly throw out the last two seasons where all our players were learning the cover two to switch to a new defense in which no of our players are fit to play just so you justify draftng Rivers at 11. Got it great plan :thumbsup:

Ok so you want to completly throw out the last two seasons where all our players were learning the cover two to switch to a new defense in which no of our players are fit to play just so you justify draftng Rivers at 11. Got it great plan :thumbsup:

RIVERS ZERO SACKS WILL HELP OUR PASS RUSH!!!

AND DON'T FORGET CORNERS DON'T DO ANYTHING TO HELP THE PASS D!!

LOL

But we would have no LB depth.

And our tackles couldn't hold up in a 3-4.

And I just don't like this idea.