TSW NFL Draft Party West 2008

AKC

This year's annual Los Angeles Bill's Backers Draft Party, sponsored by a contingent of TSW alumni, takes place at 3110 Santa Monica Blvd. in Santa Monica. More details and directions on our wesbite-

TSW West Draft Party

You won't want to miss the action-

Big Bob Lamb will once again be balancing the Hot Waitress Contest against his deft management of the Draft Board.

You'll discover whether Kelly the Dog was actually raised by a feral pack of wolves.

And we'll be holding the "Find The Lost Ramius Marbles" contest. The winner will recieve signed busts of Peter Warrick, Koren Robinson and Mike Williams.

PM me with any questions-

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This year's annual Los Angeles Bill's Backers Draft Party, sponsored by a contingent of TSW alumni, takes place at 3110 Santa Monica Blvd. in Santa Monica. More details and directions on our wesbite-

TSW West Draft Party

Big Bob Lamb will once again be balancing the Hot Waitress Contest against his deft management of the Draft Board.

You'll discover whether Kelly the Dog was actually raised by a feral pack of wolves.

And we'll be holding the "Find The Lost Ramius Marbles" contest. The winner will recieve signed busts of Peter Warrick, Koren Robinson and Mike Williams.

I find it cute that my thorough debunking of your garbage claims has bothered you enough that you needed to take a shot me in your draft party thread.

Are you going to remove anyone that cheers a WR selection at #11?

Will Aundray Bruce tend bar, Walt Patulski give a pep talk, Courtney Brown park the cars and Cedric Jones make the fries?

I heard Johnathan Sullivan, Jimmy Kennedy, and Ryan Sims are the party co-hosts.

I find it cute that my thorough debunking of your garbage claims has bothered you enough that you needed to take a shot me in your draft party thread.

Why are his claims garbage?

Fearing what you don't understand is common among many primates. We'll keep seat warm for you even if you're cheering for a reach at WR!

PM me if you need directions.

Why are his claims garbage?

Because they show Buffalo taking more draft direction from Matt Millen than the top teams in the league, and Ramius appears to find Millen's work admirable.

At first I was really sorry I couldn't make it but if those are the best busts you could get I'm not so upset.

I'll let Bob Lamb tell you where you'll find the best busts at Busbys- it's his specialty.

Fearing what you don't understand is common among many primates. We'll keep seat warm for you even if you're cheering for a reach at WR!

PM me if you need directions.

Nah, i just know bogus stats and conclusions when i see them. Just because you can twist the numbers to say one thing doesnt actually give them meaning.

Nah, i just know bogus stats and conclusions when i see them. Just because you can twist the numbers to say one thing doesnt actually give them meaning.

"Bogus Stats"- meaning any you can't grasp? You didn't do to well in math if you can't figure out the simple equation used to establish draft investments of the top teams by position. The methodology is included for anyone who likes to consider tendencies, and the equation used is a perfect charting of tendencies of the Super Bowl teams versus the Bills over the past 7 drafts. I know you continue to support our "Matt Millen" draft tendencies of late, but I'd like to see a change.

"Bogus Stats"- meaning any you can't grasp? You didn't do to well in math if you can't figure out the simple equation used to establish draft investments of the top teams by position. The methodology is included for anyone who likes to consider tendencies, and the equation used is a perfect charting of tendencies of the SUper Bowl teams versus the Bills. I know you continue to support our "Matt Millen" draft tendencies of late, but I'd like to see a change.

Is that because Pioli is smarter, or it just happened that Seymour was there at No. 6, rather than Ryan Sims? Would Donahoe be smarter if Jonathan Ogden was on the board at No. 4 and not Mike Williams? Is that the statistical trend that your numbers prove?

"Bogus Stats"- meaning any you can't grasp? You didn't do to well in math if you can't figure out the simple equation used to establish draft investments of the top teams by position. The methodology is included for anyone who likes to consider tendencies, and the equation used is a perfect charting of tendencies of the Super Bowl teams versus the Bills over the past 7 drafts. I know you continue to support our "Matt Millen" draft tendencies of late, but I'd like to see a change.

you've established nothing to compare the top teams to, so the numbers you got are meaningless. What happens if they share the same % with the bottom dwellers, or are no different than the league average? I'm not sure why you cannot grasp the idea of a complete statistical analysis.

Again, please explain how the Bills, who in the last 7 years, have spent 3 high picks on WRs (1-1st, 2-2nds), have spend more picks on the DL (4, 1-1st, 3-2nds), are similar to the lions who have spent 4 top 10 picks on WRs in the last 5 years.

you've established nothing to compare the top teams to, so the numbers you got are meaningless. What happens if they share the same % with the bottom dwellers, or are no different than the league average? I'm not sure why you cannot grasp the idea of a complete statistical analysis.

Again, please explain how the Bills, who in the last 7 years, have spent 3 high picks on WRs (1-1st, 2-2nds), have spend more picks on the DL (4, 1-1st, 3-2nds), are similar to the lions who have spent 4 top 10 picks on WRs in the last 5 years.

I've offered the methodology- if you're half as smart as you play yourself off to be you can simply do the analysis you think you need. I'm concerned with how the Bills have drafted versus how the best teams do it- and that's the study I've done. It shows that we're deviating substantially from the best teams in these areas:

A) We have drafted offensive talent with 58% of our available investment in rounds 1 and 2 of the past 7 drafts, while the teams who have played in the past 5 Super Bowls have used more of their draft investment in rounds 1 and 2 of the same drafts more often to draft defensive players.

B) The Super Bowl teams have invested a huge percentage (9%) in Tight Ends at the top of the draft, we've invested 0%.

C) The Super Bowl teams have spent nearly one quarter of their total early draft total on their DLines, while spending less than 14% at the WR position. This is a stark contrast to the Buffalo Bill's spend, which amounts to 18% at the WR postion to date and less than 16% on our DL.

You don't like the numbers because they don't fit the fantasy you have about reaching for a WR this year at 11, but that doesn't change the trends. This is a mathematically mapped out trend of the top teams versus the Bills. Quit whining about the Falcons and 49ers information- if you want it use the math I outlined completely in the original post. I even offered to send my spreadsheet to anyone not a member of the "WR Reach at 11 Club" to conduct it for you. It's time for you to stojan up or let someone else in the stall.

TSW West Draft Party

Hey, are there any hotels near this place? I live in Orange County and I'm not sure I want to drive back after boozing it up in Santa Monica

Hey, are there any hotels near this place? I live in Orange County and I'm not sure I want to drive back after boozing it up in Santa Monica

There's a Days Inn across the street- here's a link-

Days Inn Busbys!

Is that because Pioli is smarter, or it just happened that Seymour was there at No. 6, rather than Ryan Sims? Would Donahoe be smarter if Jonathan Ogden was on the board at No. 4 and not Mike Williams? Is that the statistical trend that your numbers prove?

You're hung up on subjectives- the study is based upon known numbers. There's nothing subjective- it proves that Pioli has spent 35% of his early draft investment in his DLine, 17% at TE and only 11% at WR. That's over a time when the Bills numbers are 16% DL, 0% TE and 18% WR.

You don't have to agree with Pioli, you don't have to think his team is doing it right, but the numbers don't lie. What he's doing is there for anyone objective to consider, and to use that known information to consider whether the clear differences between his positional draft approach and the approach of the Bills has something to do with our W/L record against his team over those past 7 years studied.

pass the popcorn and give me a beer........................ ;)

I've got your first-

Hey thanks....not bad, I think I might have to make this party!!!

Look forward to meeting you. The Hotel is nothing more than a place to pass out- it's decked out like an Austin Powers movie- but it's truly a stumble across to/from the bar. There'll be a Bill's party Saturday night too- we'll probably get a shuttle and go to it in one vehicle.