Can Someone Explain the Logic in reaching for a WR

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The facts would disagree with you. How did the Giants stop the patriots? Pass Rush. how is a tall receiver going to put pressure on Tom brady. The Dolphins, the patriots, and the jets are building dominant O-Lines, as are the Bills it would seem. We added a backup DT who had a career high of 3 sacks last year and a starting DT whose career high of 6.5 sacks came in 2002. We have not upgraded our pass rush ability significantly, and all our current DEs will be over 30 by the beginning of next season. You want 50 catches 700 yards and 5 TDs. James Jones had those numbers last year - he was taken in the 3rd round. You do not draft secondary offensive threats - which is what Thomas, Hardy, Sweed, and Kelly will be - with the 11th pick in the draft. Its a waste of a valuable pick. Don't get me wrong. I would love to get one of those wideouts on our team, but not at 11. trade back into the first round and get one at the end of the first round or wait for one to be there at 41.

How big are the WR's for the Giants? They had to score points to win to know.

I respect your point, but I just disagree. I think that the Buffalo Bills have the best DL rotation of any team I can think of. Very deep.

He isnt going to change his position Dan.....he is more then content to have a good defense and a crap offense. You need balance on both sides of the ball to win.

by the way...you dont know that Thomas/Hardy/Sweed are not going to be good in the NFL...and you dont know that the Defensive player you draft wont be a bust.....

You just dont