Here's an updated version of my mock draft.....

I was listening to Sirius radio today and they had interviews with two Notre Dame players, C John Sullivan and TE John Carlson (two good names for the Fightin' Irish). Carlson was asked about what teams were he visited and he said Buffalo was one of them and he shook hands with just about everyone in the organization. Based on the impression I got from this interview, I'm going to move the TE position up in my draft priority and have the Bills taking Carlson.

I also noticed in someone's thread today about Gil Brandt's top 100 prospects. I have been a big advocate of us taking DE Derrick Harvey with our first pick at #11 and I'm sticking with it, especially after seeing Brandt having him rated so highly.

I also expect another trade up for the Bills this year but with them having significant needs I don't see them using too many valuable picks to do it. Instead of them doing it to move back into the late 1st/early 2nd rd, I think that the late 2nd rd is where the best value will be. If Buffalo is able to trade their 4th rder (#114) and Losman for Green Bay's 2nd rder (#60) then this trade could work for both teams. The compensation would be equivalent to about an early 3rd rd value for Losman while the Packers would still retain a decent draft pick in return.

Here's what I'd like to see thru the first 5 rds.

1st rd (#11)- DE Derrick Harvey

2nd rd (#41)- CB Tracy Porter

2nd rd (#60 from Green Bay)- WR Jordy Nelson

3rd rd (#72)- TE John Carlson

4th rd (#132 compensatory pick)- C John Sullivan

5th rd (#147)- QB Kevin O'Connell

I was listening to Sirius radio today and they had interviews with two Notre Dame players, C John Sullivan and TE John Carlson (two good names for the Fightin' Irish). Carlson was asked about what teams were he visited and he said Buffalo was one of them and he shook hands with just about everyone in the organization. Based on the impression I got from this interview, I'm going to move the TE position up in my draft priority and have the Bills taking Carlson.

I also noticed in someone's thread today about Gil Brandt's top 100 prospects. I have been a big advocate of us taking DE Derrick Harvey with our first pick at #11 and I'm sticking with it, especially after seeing Brandt having him rated so highly.

I also expect another trade up for the Bills this year but with them having significant needs I don't see them using too many valuable picks to do it. Instead of them doing it to move back into the late 1st/early 2nd rd, I think that the late 2nd rd is where the best value will be. If Buffalo is able to trade their 4th rder (#114) and Losman for Green Bay's 2nd rder (#60) then this trade could work for both teams. The compensation would be equivalent to about an early 3rd rd value for Losman while the Packers would still retain a decent draft pick in return.

3rd roud value for Losman? Don't see it happening.

1. Losman has little reason to sign a new contract with any team. The free agent market is where the money is, even for mediocre players.

2. It makes little sense for any team to trade significant resources for the services of a backup quarterback for one season.

Conclusion: Losman's value is probably about a 6th or 7th rounder.

I like your posts Tipster but do not care much for this draft. Harvey I am ok with, although if we were going DE I prefer Groves and Merling. IMO we do not need a CB until round 4 or later, we have more pressing needs. Porter only scored a 4 on the Wonderlic- that is a red flag to me. Jordy I am not sold on and think we need a better upgrade. Carlson in the third I like. Sullivan is good and we could use an upgrade at C. I hate the notion of trading JP and replacing him with Kevin O'Connell! I am still trying to figure out what the Bills are gonna do at 11. It certainly is a mystery

I like this mock a lot... I'm not sure about a CB in the 2nd, but certainly not the worst thing that could happen.... Getting Harvey, Carlson, and Nelson would make me excited... Jordy Nelson looks more and more like he could be a possible steal.... and damn, does he look athletic in some of his highlights... A center like Sullivan could be a great pick... especially considering Fowler and Preston are UFAs next offseason...

This draft would be a very solid one....

. If Buffalo is able to trade their 4th rder (#114) and Losman for Green Bay's 2nd rder (#60) then this trade could work for both teams. The compensation would be equivalent to about an early 3rd rd value for Losman while the Packers would still retain a decent draft pick in return.

Thiw would be an outstanding move with JP. :devil:

Get rid of at least a marginal NFL QB and use a 5th round scrub rookie as the Bills back up to Trent Edwards.