More Mis-Information? Or Buttering Up the Fans for the Pick?

CJPearl2

Guys........im calling my shot now......Devin Thomas & Limas Sweed or James Hardy will be Buffalo Bills....im telling you all now..we get 2 WR's day one! Devin Thomas being the first of the bunch, and I see Buffalo pushing for Sweed or Hardy by trading back into the first........

If teh Bills were so desparate for WR help, they would have signed Bryant Johnson for 2007

If teh Bills were so desparate for WR help, they would have signed Bryant Johnson for 2007

Not for one year which is the only thing johnson would agree to. The Bills will take a reciever. they said it in the presser after the season. They have done everything they told us they would. Last season it was upgrading the o line this season it was getting a complimentary reciever.

Take it to the bank :P

I assume you meant 2008...

Desperate for WR help, yes, but that doesn't mean overpaying for mediocre talent (real or perceived), or compromising their strategy not to sign veteran players to 1-year contracts. Bryant Johnson was merely a choice that visited 1 Bills Drive and they passed. No other teams offered him what he was looking for either, meaning multi-year #2 receiver money, so we shouldn't necessarily connect need with signing leftover FAs. The draft is flush with real good receiver talent, though not top 15. JMO, but they were smart in saying thanks, but no thanks to Johnson. If he turns out to be a burner, then shame on them.

I assume you meant 2008...

Desperate for WR help, yes, but that doesn't mean overpaying for mediocre talent (real or perceived), or compromising their strategy not to sign veteran players to 1-year contracts. Bryant Johnson was merely a choice that visited 1 Bills Drive and they passed. No other teams offered him what he was looking for either, meaning multi-year #2 receiver money, so we shouldn't necessarily connect need with signing leftover FAs. The draft is flush with real good receiver talent, though not top 15. JMO, but they were smart in saying thanks, but no thanks to Johnson. If he turns out to be a burner, then shame on them.

How is it a bad thing that they could have had a bona fide NFL WR for 1 year for less than $2mil.

Another stupid move by the Bills if they end up reaching for WRs and missing out on real playmakers in the 1st round.

I understand your point and except it. I dont know why im thinking it, I just am.......Im sure I am wrong, just a gut feeling is all.....

Honestly, this years draft is really up in the air as far as what position we will address day 1.

Wait and see man!

Thanks for replying though!

At first, I was going to jump on this too, as I'm thinking 'TE would cause more matchup problems' but then I thought, "No, Thomas and Hardy would do that just as well, and we can get Craig Stevens like in the 4th or 5th.

So, yeah! :devil:

How is it a bad thing that they could have had a bona fide NFL WR for 1 year for less than $2mil.

Another stupid move by the Bills if they end up reaching for WRs and missing out on real playmakers in the 1st round.

There could be a couple of answers to that.

1) They really didn't think Johnson was much better than their current stable of WRs, knowing they will draft 1 or 2 anyways as a result, so why go through the motions if he doesn't have enough value.

2) They're building for the future and don't like rental players in skill or critical positions.

I think they will absolutely draft a playmaker WR in round 1, and another in the later rounds, a Jordy Nelson type, unless they make some mega trade on draft day.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/billsnfl/story/329021.html

Is this classic pre-draft misdirection or the Bills' way to lessen the blow (yes, you know I hate this pick) with the Thomas pick?

Please discuss.

p.s. This pick would probably ruin my entertainment center because I will likely throw something through the TV if I hear this name at #11.

Seriously, man, I really don't get why you can hate this guy that much. Did you actually watch him PLAY in college. He's got size, speed, good route running, and most importantly he has excellent hands. There's a reason his stock is going up. I'm not saying he's the best receiver of all time, but certainly he'd be an excellent compliment to Evans at the number two. Also, he adds a second weapon on kick returns, which likely means better starting position for the offense.

Thomas is a guy that is willing to go up for jump balls and go over the middle without fear of taking a hit, and at his size he is difficult for smaller corners to bring down. He would be a very solid pick at #11 and he would fill the largest of a couple of gaping holes on offense. Certainly not something worth taking out your TV over. Save that for replays of Wide Right.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/billsnfl/story/329021.html

Is this classic pre-draft misdirection or the Bills' way to lessen the blow (yes, you know I hate this pick) with the Thomas pick?

Please discuss.

p.s. This pick would probably ruin my entertainment center because I will likely throw something through the TV if I hear this name at #11.

Well...My gut tells Me you'll be shopping for a new TV come Sunday Morning... :devil:

But keep in mind I'm rarely right about these things so...There is still hope for your ent center...

I would not mind Thomas at #11 whatsoever...I think the Kid is going to be a heck of an NFL WR...

We'll see soon enough... :blush:

Guys........im calling my shot now......Devin Thomas & Limas Sweed or James Hardy will be Buffalo Bills....im telling you all now..we get 2 WR's day one! Devin Thomas being the first of the bunch, and I see Buffalo pushing for Sweed or Hardy by trading back into the first........

I'd be shocked if the Bills took 2 WRs. Heck Jauron won't know what to do with them anyway. Think Defense for at least one pick in the first 2 rounds.

I will take my chances with Thomas & Hardy in the first 2 rounds.........

Evans, Thomas, Hardy would be a nice combo. Granted that would be a young combo. I think it would work well.

The rest of the draft would have to be depth for O & D.......

I still cant get away from Buffalo drafting 2 WR's on day one!

I will take my chances with Thomas & Hardy in the first 2 rounds.........

Evans, Thomas, Hardy would be a nice combo. Granted that would be a young combo. I think it would work well.

The rest of the draft would have to be depth for O & D.......

I still cant get away from Buffalo drafting 2 WR's on day one!

Ridiculous. We have two perfectly good recievers on this team besides Evans. Neither is good at working on the outside or in the red zone, meaning we need to add someone...but adding 2 WRs would be pretty much a wasted pick, unless you're assuming Evans is leaving.